Lt. Commander
# 81
04-07-2011, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace-Dreadnought View Post
you just found ur 1st one. I luuuuv star Trek, but haaate star Wars.

Mainly because ST is SOOO much bigger than SW. i mean, SW has 6 movies (7 if u include that sad excuse of clone wars) maybe im off, i dont keep up on it much... but ST has 11 movies, and 5 great series. thats domination right there, imho.

ok, ok... i dont Haaate SW, but it can never replace ST in my view
Many fans have a clear preference for one over the other. The great thing about sci fi is we all have plenty of room on our plates for the full smorgasbord of fandom. But few of us have free time in our lives for more than one MMO.

For the record, I really only like two of the Star Wars movies. But, the original is so full of win it makes up for the others.
Lt. Commander
# 82
04-08-2011, 01:57 AM
My primary concern has been the issue with overpowered mobs at the higher difficulty levels. (Ye 'ole bolt spray of instant death) I'm glad to hear they're looking into it, but frankly they've been at that since the difficulty settings were introduced.

As I'm not an avid Pvp'er, but a casual one, I cannot comment on the progress or lack there of on that front. I'm just hoping that the fix for the higher difficulty mobs doesn't wait until ground combat gets a radical revamp.

As it stands, there are a number of really good foundry missions out there that are utterly ruined by overpowered NPC's.
Lt. Commander
# 83 Achilles
04-08-2011, 09:36 AM
When is the Achilles coming?! They are the coolest Federation starship! For those that don't know, the Achilles-class was a Class 4 starship in the Dominion Wars computer game.
Lt. Commander
# 84
04-08-2011, 02:30 PM
Is there ANY discussion about the possibilities of separating Rank from Skill Level and tying it to something else?

All we want is a simple statement as to whether you are looking into this issue or not. Your ignoring the discussion is not helping--in fact, our volume is just getting louder!!!!

A simple "yes, we're working on it" or "no, we're not going to work on it" would suffice, Cryptic.

Honestly, Bioware is a lot better at responding to its community than you guys are.
Lt. Commander
# 85
04-09-2011, 05:39 AM
Oh sweet, finally came round to reading it!
And thank you very much for answering my question Admiral Stahl
Lt. Commander
# 86
04-09-2011, 09:50 PM
Will we ever see any more pre-order items in the C-Store, like the Red Matter Capacitor or the TR-116A Projectile Rife?
Lt. Commander
# 87
04-09-2011, 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune-A View Post
Will we ever see any more pre-order items in the C-Store, like the Red Matter Capacitor or the TR-116A Projectile Rife?
I say no to the red matter capacitor, that was and should remain a collector's edition item (sadly the TNG and DS9 costumes didn't stay that way)

The rifle on the other hand.. lets see it!! allow us to shoot anything within its range, regardless of weather or not there is a wall or something in the way that was 1 coooool episode. oh, and even if we are engineer/scientist, let us have that special target optic lense that Ezri used in DS9
Lt. Commander
# 88
04-10-2011, 12:15 AM
I'm gonna say that I'm disappointed there was no mention of additional bridge and interiors re-work in light of the pure awesome that was the TOS bridge and interior.

Disappointed because I don't want to see the TOS bridge be a one-off and another great feature that gets started, but it takes months on end before Cryptic gets back to it.

It's more than a little depressing that the only bridge and interior in game right now that is scaled right and looks so darn awesome, really only "fits" with one particular ship, and that one particular ship is down in Tier 1 and lasts a day or two.

I sincerely hope Cryptic plans to not only go back and remaster the existing bridges and interiors (soon) but to add a few key missing ones as well, such as an Excelsior bridge / interior and a Nebula bridge / interior.

And the "correct" uniform wearing NPCs on the TOS bridge was fantastic. I hope we can see more of this for other bridges as well, maybe as a pull down feature in the ship editor.

Please Cryptic, don't let this important bit of polsh go another 6-9 months before you pick it up again.
Lt. Commander
# 89
04-10-2011, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMattSchwab
I sincerely hope Cryptic plans to not only go back and remaster the existing bridges and interiors (soon) but to add a few key missing ones as well, such as an Excelsior bridge / interior and a Nebula bridge / interior.
As do I, but I worry that remastered bridges would go to the C Store
Lt. Commander
# 90
04-10-2011, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Cryptic
Q: Unknown-210 What are the exact plans for adding other ships like the Freedom, New Orleans, and Niagara Classes? Whatís the ETA on the Gorn update?

A: We are currently working on adding variants to the existing classes of ships in the game in order to add more customization variety to ships. We have been looking at the three classes of ships you mentioned, with an emphasis on the New Orleans class. We donít have those ships on the schedule yet, but my estimate is that within a year we will have a host of these classes of ships in the game.
The Gorn updates are scheduled to be released Season 4.
Quote:
We have been looking at the three classes of ships you mentioned, with an emphasis on the New Orleans class.
Quote:
emphasis on the New Orleans class
Quote:
New Orleans class
Oh glorious day! The Logan hath heard mine prayers! I shall hold a fine feast in honor of the benevolent devs this night.! Huzzah!