Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Controls, User Interface, and the STO Gateway
Login

Lt. Commander
This really bothers me.

When you beam out of the ship, where are you going? In Space? At the very least, please get rid of that animation and just put the cut scene on the screen.

Ideally, you should make the character sit down in the captain's chair, pan to the viewscreen and smoothly transition to that view. Same thing for entering the bridge, pan out a little bit until you see the viewscreen and then 180 to the captain's chair.

Yes, I realize that due to the way environments are currently being loaded this will require some changes, but keep it in mind.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-23-2011, 08:04 PM
Agreed - this really should have been fixed ages ago, since it makes absolutely no sense.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-23-2011, 08:12 PM
I just sign this.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-27-2011, 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Shepherd
Agreed - this really should have been fixed ages ago, since it makes absolutely no sense.
This.

(Stupid forum doesn't allow very short posts )
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-27-2011, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWulf View Post
This really bothers me.

When you beam out of the ship, where are you going? In Space? At the very least, please get rid of that animation and just put the cut scene on the screen.

Ideally, you should make the character sit down in the captain's chair, pan to the viewscreen and smoothly transition to that view. Same thing for entering the bridge, pan out a little bit until you see the viewscreen and then 180 to the captain's chair.

Yes, I realize that due to the way environments are currently being loaded this will require some changes, but keep it in mind.
Ditto... This has bugged me for a bit...
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-28-2011, 07:21 AM
/signed

just coming back to this game after a 6 month break
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-28-2011, 01:00 PM
signed as well

And some more text to submit this reply.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-01-2011, 09:04 AM
/signed.
I makes absolutly no sense to Beam off the bridge just to fly the ship.

Live long and prosper.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-03-2011, 11:20 AM
Don't forget beaming out of your conference room on Diplomatic missions. At least have it where you walk to the door/turbolift and cutscene from there..
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-06-2011, 11:08 AM
Signed.
Although I'd also like to point out I'd love to see the whole beaming animation fixed anyway. Right as you start to beam your captain/boffs custom appearance tends to wig out a bit. Sometimes portions will turn purple. Sometimes black. Sometimes they flip off for a moment and you see the default hair or clothes.

This happens all the time with hailing, as well. The wrong NPC will come up for a split second before being replaced with the proper one, or one of your Boffs will appear with the default appearance for a moment before blinking into their proper look.

Both instances are extremely distracting, seeing how often you beam and and receive hails.