You can add them all to the Foundry list 1

Its for all missions that need to be reviewed to have them in one place
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...=210825&page=2
Lt. Commander
# 52
04-12-2011, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshicus
Just an idea for new authors. Don't make your first mission "part 1 of an arc". Seriously.

Make a stand-alone experience. Get to know the tools, how to write dialogue, how to use triggers and states and animations. Walk before you can run.
I wish I had this advice when I first started. It definatly is best to start off with a stand alone mission.
Lt. Commander
# 53
04-12-2011, 05:16 PM
Here is my first mission so far :

Mission: Grand Theft Starship
Faction: Starfleet
ID#: ST-HGA8E7U37
Level: Any

I'll be happy to help my fellow new authors out by reviewing htier works.
Lt. Commander
# 54
04-12-2011, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Just an idea for new authors. Don't make your first mission "part 1 of an arc". Seriously.

Make a stand-alone experience. Get to know the tools, how to write dialogue, how to use triggers and states and animations. Walk before you can run.
Good point, Walshicus! I should have said my first holodeck-published foundry creation. I used the new toolset quite a bit on tribble. There's definitely a steep learning curve! My first few attempts weren't too stellar! =P
Lt. Commander
# 55
04-13-2011, 08:22 AM
Going to do yours now. Here's mine:

Mission Name: Currents Turned Awry
Project ID: ST-HU3VYIP77
Faction: Federation
Levels: 41+
Lt. Commander
# 56
04-13-2011, 08:40 AM
Quote:

I disagree. As the story arc progresses it reflects your increasing aptitude with the Foundry tools. Just build the story around your ability.

To be honest it's up to the individual how they want to approach it, but I used a multiple mission story arc as a way of setting a goal for myself. I'm using each missions to try new techniques. For instance, Part One was learning the basics of the Foundry. Part Two was heavily Ground based as I tried some more advanced functions. And now I am working on Part Three which will be heavily Space based. My final two parts, 4 and 5, will start to use combinations of Ground and Space and try out far more advanced functions.

By the end I will (hopefully) be proficient in the Foundry toolset and will be able to return to Part One and begin remastering the missions.
Lt. Commander
# 57
04-13-2011, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundwaveUK
I disagree. As the story arc progresses it reflects your increasing aptitude with the Foundry tools. Just build the story around your ability.

To be honest it's up to the individual how they want to approach it, but I used a multiple mission story arc as a way of setting a goal for myself. I'm using each missions to try new techniques. For instance, Part One was learning the basics of the Foundry. Part Two was heavily Ground based as I tried some more advanced functions. And now I am working on Part Three which will be heavily Space based. My final two parts, 4 and 5, will start to use combinations of Ground and Space and try out far more advanced functions.

By the end I will (hopefully) be proficient in the Foundry toolset and will be able to return to Part One and begin remastering the missions.
Fair enough, but then why would I want to play part one if part five is better? And why would I play part five if I've not played part one? I just get put off when I see multi-part stories this early on, especially when we don't really have the tech to link them.

I say this as someone who started doing a multi-part story on Tribble, but gave up and made a standalone mission on Holodeck.
Lt. Commander
# 58
04-13-2011, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Fair enough, but then why would I want to play part one if part five is better? And why would I play part five if I've not played part one? I just get put off when I see multi-part stories this early on, especially when we don't really have the tech to link them.

I say this as someone who started doing a multi-part story on Tribble, but gave up and made a standalone mission on Holodeck.
You have a good point and I would agree with you if I was catering to an audience, but I make missions for my own enjoyment. Like how you get writers who either write for an audience or write for their own enjoyment. I'm making missions because I enjoy doing it and I like the story that I am creating. I advertise the missions to get feedback from others and find ways of improving them.

When I have completed Part Five and then gone back and remastered the old ones (which are actually almost constanty being updated from feedback: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=210427 ) then players will be playing missions of equal quality. Of course, whether that quality is 5 star or 1 star is another thing
Lt. Commander
# 59
04-13-2011, 10:03 AM
There are places where "Bajor" and "Federation" don't get capitalized. Some of the transitions are abrupt. I like the docked runabout but having us spawn on the loading bay tends to get bridge officers trapped. (I had to 4 man one.) The placement of the pattern enhancers got me close enough to the enemies that I ended up having to fight them, which defeated the point of the pattern enhancers.

Enjoyed it overall. A really solid first effort.
Lt. Commander
# 60
04-13-2011, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardassianNinja View Post
Thanks so much for playing it.
Another person suggested this also. I was going to move them back into the rooms a bit more...but I wanted you to actually see them as you move through the ship. I wanted it to be chaotic. I hope that people playing it will place their team on passive and run past.
One suggestion might be to use friendly NPCs who emote fighting. There aren't a LOT of great fight emotes but they could be punching one another.