Lt. Commander
# 61
04-13-2011, 11:51 AM
I'd like to add my first attempt at creating a mission to the list. I just completed it last night.

Mission Name: The Source of Power
Faction: Federation

The mission itself shouldn't be too long or hard. For my first mission, I was aiming for something simple that felt Trek like, and so included various Trek cliches like the malfunctioning Holodeck.
Lt. Commander
# 62
04-13-2011, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshicus
Just an idea for new authors. Don't make your first mission "part 1 of an arc". Seriously.

Make a stand-alone experience. Get to know the tools, how to write dialogue, how to use triggers and states and animations. Walk before you can run.
I'm almost finished with an "independent" sequel to The "True Way." I am ignoring your advice! =)
Lt. Commander
# 63
04-13-2011, 08:26 PM
First off, I am loving the Foundry! I've had a chance to really dig in and try a lot of features. I originally started with one large mission, but I decided instead to split it up into parts. I'm thinking now it will be a series of missions, each with their own story but also part of a larger story to tie them together.

The first two missions of my series are up:
Winaprise Ep 1: Hollow Profits
Winaprise Ep 2: Resurrection

Give them a play and see what you think!
Lt. Commander
# 64
04-13-2011, 09:07 PM
I just finished the final version of my low-level Klingon mission:

Not For Resale
ID: ST-HHFU9F6QE
Lt. Commander
# 65
04-14-2011, 05:52 AM
I would also like to submit my first mission to this thread for review.

It is titled The Librarians

Let me know what you think
Lt. Commander
# 66
04-14-2011, 08:38 AM
Everyone I have a list running for people that need reviews for their mission. Please pm me or add it to the list cheers
Lt. Commander
# 67
04-14-2011, 12:51 PM
Ok, this Foundry mission hasn't actually been published yet, but I'd like to get it out now so that I know when it comes out some people will play it and it won't be summarily ignored.

Name: Tainted Logic
Playable By: Federation
Level: 31+

I don't want to reveal too much about the story on the off chance somene decides to steal the idea whos better at the Foundry than I am and will have it out sooner, which would not be ideal, I will say however it is a big mission (I did a count of 8 maps) and will be heavy in story with plenty of combat (which of course means wordiness, so if your not into reading I don't suggest you do this).

I have not yet tried the OP's mission but I will when I can get a minute to do so, I'll also post back here once my mission is up as well as it's ID.
Lt. Commander
# 68
04-17-2011, 03:15 PM
Edit--

Request for mission review withdrawn
Lt. Commander
# 69
04-17-2011, 03:52 PM
This is a great idea.

I wanted to invite you to check out my first UGC mission I call, Old Friends in Need. Please check it out, rate it, let me know what I can do to make it better!

Here's the particulars -
Project Name: Old Friends in Need
Project ID: ST-HB8ZNYTSB
Author: JasonDLT
Description: One of the most famous ships in StarFleet has gone missing with a special dignatary aboard. With the fate of Vulcan and the Romulan colonies hanging in the balance - find the ship, defeat the Romulan captors and help save some old friends. (Note: Due to EULA restrictions, no TNG characters are actively used in this mission).

I promise that I'll try to play every single Fed mission listed in this thread!
Lt. Commander
# 70 Siege of YR318
04-18-2011, 12:59 PM
After about 12 hours of work over about a week I finished my first Foundry Mission.
Mission: Siege of YR318
Mission ID STHJSH6CJP
Faction: Federation

Description: Starfleet Intelligence has requested our help with a situation developing in Klingon Space.
Our covert monitering station in the Otha System has been discovered, and is under seige. Break the blockade and evacuate personnel.

http://starbaseugc.com/wiki/index.php/Siege_of_YR318

Feedback would be appreciated. Eventually it will get outta review state. Also decided I will go review some missions... it will be a good break from Foundry.

Cheers.