Lt. Commander
I don't know if this is the most efficient or appropriate way to do this, but I thought it would help to put the mission details of the whole series into one thread. Anyway, here is my first series, titled "Sorrow of Bajor"!

I welcome constructive criticism, even if it's just tiny things. Anything that can improve the missions I'm more than happy to look into. There are quite a few things that I wanted to do but my knowledge of the tools either aren't good enough, or the option isn't yet available.

Part One

Project Name: Treachery in Bajor
Project ID: ST-HTERTN9DL
Allegiance: Starfleet
Level: 31+
Language: English
Players: Solo
Duration: Approx. 25 mins

Background: Your crew is ordered to investigate the rumours of a plot to upset the peace between the Cardassians, Federation and Bajorans. The staging ground is allegedly within the Bajor System itself.

Authors note: This is my first Foundry mission, so any comments are appreciated. For known issues and updates see www.ufplanets.com (signup required)

Updates:
06/04/2011
Captive was getting killed - FIXED - The captive is now in a captivity field, and relevant mission objective added to disarm it.
Players missed where to leave DS9 - FIXED? - Made the dialogue with Marconi more explicit about where you have to go using "out of character" text.

07/04/2011
Bajor background: Didn't match the "real Bajor" in STO - FIXED - Found an option I didn't know about previously

Issues:
06/04/2011
The captivity field - it can't be disarmed properly. I wanted the field just to be dropped, but the only thing you can do is eliminate the object altogether, so I had to settle for some dubious smoke effects.

NPCs and BOFFs can shoot each other through the walls - A STO error.

Leaving for Bajor by a Shuttlebay door - It's currently the only way to do it for a mission located in the Bajor System as for some reason you can't make it go through sector space normally like you can for other Systems.

"Red Alert" screws with the dialogue. There are several instances where dialogue doesn't appear until red alert fades, meaning you could access a console or run right into a room before the dialogue appears! I'm not sure how to get around that one really as it takes so long for red alert to fade I can't really move any NPCs away from those areas.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-07-2011, 07:39 AM
Part Two

Project name: Vindia's Lament
Project ID: ST-HAZ97BXZW
Allegiance: Starfleet
Level: 31+
Language: English
Players: Solo
Duration: Approx. 25 mins

Background: Section 31 began an investigation following the revelation of a Jem'Hadar plot to overthrow peace, with Bajor at groundzero. In collaboration with Gul Jakad they have discovered a lead, and your crew has been ordered to look deeper.

Author notes: Part 2 is mainly Ground for the plot, Part 3 will be in Space. For details of known issues or updates go to www.ufplanets.com (signup required)

Updates:
06/04/2011
Couldn't bring up an NPC Contact in "Pop-up Dialog" if they were used in an objective - FIXED - You bring up the NPC Contact via the "asset view" tab instead (this will be apparent when you try and do it yourself).

07/04/2011
Bajor background: Didn't match the "real Bajor" in STO - FIXED - Found an option I didn't know about previously

Issues:
06/04/2011
Leaving for Bajor by a Shuttlebay door - It's currently the only way to do it for a mission located in the Bajor System as for some reason you can't make it go through sector space normally like you can for other Systems.

I wanted a character to fight alongside my Captain, but there was no option for it which I feel led to an unsatisfactory end to more than one NPCs participation in the mission.

I had planned for an NPC to switch between "friendly" and "enemy" and then to "friendly" again.

Can't make NPCs go from "Visible" to "Hidden" like you can for normal objects, you can only go vice versa, which affected the way I had to do some things.

07/04/2011
Founder powers on a First: I wanted an entirely Jem'Hadar boss fight, and so changed the costumes but "First" kept having Founder powers. I might have to switch the mob to a Commander one instead because of the limitations of changing costumes on NPCs.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-07-2011, 07:39 AM
Reserved for Part Three
Work is underway and should be released some time next week. The working title is "The Honest Cardassian".
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-07-2011, 07:40 AM
Reserved for Part Four
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-07-2011, 07:41 AM
Reserved for Part Five (a bit ambitious perhaps?!)
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-07-2011, 07:59 AM
Not ambitious at all. Im looking at doing the same thing. I have my first two up at the mo aswell.

I will defo give yours a gander . If your interested mine are

Sleeper

and
Silent Witness (Sleeper PRT 2)
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-07-2011, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reshaan View Post
Not ambitious at all. Im looking at doing the same thing. I have my first two up at the mo aswell.

I will defo give yours a gander . If your interested mine are

Sleeper

and
Silent Witness (Sleeper PRT 2)
Ok cool, I've written yours down and will try them within the next couple of days