Lt. Commander
Just tried out the new Holodeck objects and I've come across a bug.

I place the Holodeck, align it correctly with the floor, and I test the map - I spawn inside the Holodeck as I am meant to. Now, I add in all the required objects to make it fade out and it works fine at each step when I spawn (but I havn't linked the Holodeck to disappear yet). Then, when I link the Holodeck to become "hidden" when I complete the "fade out holodeck" objective I no longer spawn inside the Holodeck when I test the map.

I tried putting up invisible walls as explained in the video link given with the patch notes. However, when I put up those walls I just appear on top of the Holodeck instead of being shunted to one side of it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-07-2011, 07:51 AM
I have this exact same problem. It happens when the Holodeck 01 object is set to hide after an objective or interact has been completed. At first I thought it was the Fade objects but after testing it many times it turns out that isn't the case.
Unfortunately the object is almost useless like this
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-07-2011, 08:57 AM
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-07-2011, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancalagon021
You missed what I said - I did what the video said and the error still occured. I just ended up on the roof of the Holodeck, instead of being shunted to one side.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-07-2011, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundwaveUK
You missed what I said - I did what the video said and the error still occured. I just ended up on the roof of the Holodeck, instead of being shunted to one side.
do u have the same problem on regual play?
cause i had the problem to and on regual play to and i did this
i bemaed out the station and then back to station then it worked again then i go to the foundry and then it worked with me
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-07-2011, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancalagon021
do u have the same problem on regual play?
cause i had the problem to and on regual play to and i did this
i bemaed out the station and then back to station then it worked again then i go to the foundry and then it worked with me
Tell me if what I think you're saying is correct - I did something similar in Foundry where I clicked "Play Map", then the map loads and the bug happens. So I click "reset map" and the bug doesn't occur.

It just seems too random for me to want to include it in a mission, because it's so random. Sometimes a BOFF is on the roof on its own and no-one else is, sometimes we're all outside the Holodeck, and sometimes it just works. I suppose I could publish a test map and try it that way...
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-07-2011, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundwaveUK
Tell me if what I think you're saying is correct - I did something similar in Foundry where I clicked "Play Map", then the map loads and the bug happens. So I click "reset map" and the bug doesn't occur.

It just seems too random for me to want to include it in a mission, because it's so random. Sometimes a BOFF is on the roof on its own and no-one else is, sometimes we're all outside the Holodeck, and sometimes it just works. I suppose I could publish a test map and try it that way...

no go to you normal char check there if you have it there
cause i had the same problem as you and then i go to my normal char the one with i play on normal play not foundry and i had the problem there too so i just beamed out the station of and then beamed back in and it was solved then i came back to the foundry and it worked there to back http://www.xfire.com/profile/djblade...view#112699995 if you have this to on normal play just do what i said up here
try this if you still have problems then i don't now what to do
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-07-2011, 12:25 PM
Hey all, this works once the mission is published.

If it fails for you in preview mode, hit Reset Map.

If you find this happening in a published mission, please let me know, but I wasn't able to reproduce the bug in that situation.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-07-2011, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex

If you find this happening in a published mission, please let me know, but I wasn't able to reproduce the bug in that situation.
Thanks Zero :-)
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-07-2011, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex

Ah excellent. Thanks for your quick feedback on this issue!