Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Let's face it, Cryptic doesn't give a damn about pvp. (And don't you dare saying "ground revamp", this is a pve development with repercussions for pvp.)
On the other hand, almost everything that they can sell on the C-Store will make it into the game. This leaves us with one last option: Bringing PVP to the C-Store.

Premium PVP maps (arena and C&H)?
Access to a territory control sector?
Paying for being flagged for open world pvp?
Cookie cutter ship builds? (FOTM dps cruiser, fully set up healboat, ...)

Let's hear any ideas we can come up with to give Cryptic all our money and get some PVP in return. Desperate times call for desperate actions.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-07-2011, 08:50 AM
Sell high T5 variants of favored ships marketed for PvP? (not pvp only mind you- just marketed that way)
Offer a PvP equipment Package for each faction? (to better fulfuill your duties in the field of battle {insert faction command here} has commissioned a set of equipment to actualize this goal)
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-07-2011, 08:53 AM
I thought about PVP-related equipment/ships to lure new players into PVP. But I think this would not help at all. Just forcing us to spend money to stay competitive while still having to fight on the same old maps in the same old game modes.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-07-2011, 08:56 AM
I'm a "throw all ideas on the table - remove the chaff" sort of thinker.

PvP equipment - removed.
Though if we are to give ideas to extend PvP into the Cstore it must be ideas that bring revenue to the company in some form or another. If the ideas are not going to be able to fulfill that criteria they may not be taken seriuosly by the Devs.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-07-2011, 09:00 AM
I defiantly wouldn’t like to see unfair advantages for sale on the C-Store
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-07-2011, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I'm a "throw all ideas on the table - remove the chaff" sort of thinker.
Keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Though if we are to give ideas to extend PvP into the Cstore it must be ideas that bring revenue to the company in some form or another. If the ideas are not going to be able to fulfill that criteria they may not be taken seriuosly by the Devs.
This is where I think that cookie cutter builds with pre-installed BOs and weapons could make an appearance. Seems like somehting with a really good work required / money charged ratio. And they can get additional money from selling the required ship slots if players want to have lots of these ships.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-07-2011, 09:17 AM
I would be tempted to buy access to new maps or an open PvP area.

But lets face it. They would only use that money for more PvE stuff like "man skirts" for FED charactors.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-07-2011, 09:17 AM
Build slots. Like there are in CO. Have multiple builds on one character and be able to switch between them without the need to respec. It's not a PVP exclusive feature, but I would argue that most PVPers would spend money for that.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-07-2011, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Build slots. Like there are in CO. Have multiple builds on one character and be able to switch between them without the need to respec. It's not a PVP exclusive feature, but I would argue that most PVPers would spend money for that.
Absolutely.

PvP maps would seem to go against Cryptic's original credo - no play content in the C-Store. Of course, that might change should the game become F2P. Still, PvP maps for money would reduce the numbers of players that would have it.

And do we _really_ want to send Cryptic the message that we want to pay all what we pay now - subscription, C-Store ships (I doubt there are any hardcore PvP players that have not spend money on these ships, regardless of whether they later use them or not) and now also PvP content? Should we just get a new "Startrek Online with PvP Enabled" Subscription plan?
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-07-2011, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaius View Post
Perfect. Toggling a pvp or ship spec is at the top of my list of wants for this game and would finally get me to buy something in the c-store.