Lt. Commander
# 1 Foundry and PVP?
04-07-2011, 08:03 PM
So a quick idea on PVP and the foundry would it be at all possible to in the future make a boundary or a sort of foundry for PVP maps, plots, and experiences?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-07-2011, 08:16 PM
Even that i would love this option i somehow doubt it.

I mean they cant even make a new map and upload it to the pvp map rotation which if its only slightly the same way the foundry works not even 5 minutes of work for simple ones and a bit longer for adding some nice effects.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-07-2011, 09:32 PM
They'd just have to make it so that when you want to do a Foundry PVP map, if it's KVK, you have to go to one of the PVP Planets in the Klingon sector (You could just set it to one of those planets) if it's FvK or FvF you could go to the Neutral zone and use those maps.

You could also use Ker'rat as a place for Open PVP based maps if necessary imo.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Sure
04-08-2011, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusch View Post
Even that i would love this option i somehow doubt it.

I mean they cant even make a new map and upload it to the pvp map rotation which if its only slightly the same way the foundry works not even 5 minutes of work for simple ones and a bit longer for adding some nice effects.
Sure but from what I can tell so far is that the Foundry runs off a different server so either make that one PvP compatible or make a separate one so as to use for PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-08-2011, 01:00 AM
IMO there is to much emphasis on foundry ... and IMO it's turning this MMO even more ... in to single player game.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-08-2011, 03:23 AM
I like the idea too...

We shall name it "The Poundry".
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-08-2011, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-NRG
IMO there is to much emphasis on foundry ... and IMO it's turning this MMO even more ... in to single player game.
I am not sure it makes this game worse in that aspect - it was and will probably be always be very single player friendly, and it doesn't bother me much. The better the stories are, the harder it is to enjoy them in a team.

But I think PvP-enabled Foundry maps would actually fix your concern. After all, you _have_ to have multiple players to have PvP .

Another goal would be Foundry STFs... But if I mention this, it will probably be implemented before Foundry PvP maps...
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-08-2011, 04:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Another goal would be Foundry STFs... But if I mention this, it will probably be implemented before Foundry PvP maps...
Then be quiet! :p
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-08-2011, 05:58 AM
Quote:
Then be quiet! :p
Oh, yeah, I will try to stay silent on this idea of Foundry created STFs and have adjusted the post accordingly.

What we need is Foundry created PvP maps.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-08-2011, 06:04 AM
Are you suggesting the devs spend some of their precious time on something that only benefits PvP?

That'd be the day... :p

(When we get private instances for fleetactions, it's supposed to use an adapted version of the challenge que system. I'm sure this system could just as well be adapted to get people into private PvP maps.)