Lt. Commander
I found a thread http://www.3rdfleet.com/forum/showth...cription/page2
about the next lifetime offer thats supposedly coming

Quote:
Dstahl said they were putting these on sale in the 2nd week of April. They do it every year.
I plan on purchasing one then at a 20% savings.

Just thought you should know.

Cleto & Company
Is this true?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-07-2011, 11:28 PM
I'll probably jump on the next lifetime offer, even if my feelings towards this game can be somewhat... "mixed" at times. I've simply waited too long for a Star Trek MMO.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-07-2011, 11:30 PM
Daniel did talk about there being a sale after tax returns come in, but i don't think it was 100%
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-08-2011, 12:55 AM
Quote:
I'll probably jump on the next lifetime offer, even if my feelings towards this game can be somewhat... "mixed" at times. I've simply waited too long for a Star Trek MMO.
I know what you mean by mixed feeling but I think sto will stand out as a rare gem in the years to come when more updates are out.

Here's hoping to the lifetime sale being true ^^
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-08-2011, 01:04 AM
the only thing i fear is that STO might go F2P shortly after the LTA sale.

and i have no idea how happy the CO LTA players are with how their C-Store is run now?
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-08-2011, 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
the only thing i fear is that STO might go F2P shortly after the LTA sale.

and i have no idea how happy the CO LTA players are with how their C-Store is run now?
I imagine not too bad. Lifetime and monthly players get a good chunk of C-store stuff for free. All the class archetypes, the adventures, and a decent chunk of the costumes. Plus, 400 tokens a month included, which will then cover a healthy chunk of the rest.

Anyway, that's minimum around a year off. Simple corporate reality, having already bet the house, it takes a full fiscal year of consistently winning that bet before you bet the wife and kids with it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-08-2011, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_Drake
Daniel did talk about there being a sale after tax returns come in, but i don't think it was 100%
there was a sale at the beginning of the year for lifetime subscriptions, some people missed it due to not getting their tax returns back in time. a thread was made about it. dstahl commented that he'd see what he could do to get another sale on the LTS.

i haven't seen anything further regarding the matter, ie no updates past that ^^^^
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-08-2011, 05:23 AM
I can remember a Statement of DSTahl where here states clearly. F2P is far far away for STO

Do you think CBS is OK with that? Thay want thayr Licences fee. and this is paid with subs.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-08-2011, 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Blackman
I can remember a Statement of DSTahl where here states clearly. F2P is far far away for STO

Do you think CBS is OK with that? Thay want thayr Licences fee. and this is paid with subs.
Actually, it's not just CBS that would be concerned.

STO funds 3, possibly 4 companies; CBS (license); Paramount (Licensing, only a possibly), Cryptic and Atari.

And there's also the C-Store. Bear in mind, too, that C-Store purchases require essentially nil power consumption or running costs compared to subscriber activity of being in-game, so actually the % of revenue is higher for C-Store purchases.

Also bear in mind everything is in the client, whenever you purchase something you're merely doing a transfer on the server to say you now own it which in turn modifies the settings in your client to allow you to use it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-08-2011, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackgoofguy
I know what you mean by mixed feeling but I think sto will stand out as a rare gem in the years to come when more updates are out.

Here's hoping to the lifetime sale being true ^^
I doubt that, with both TOR and Guild Wars 2 coming out before this game will become that "rare gem." If TOR isn't the hit the fanbois and BioWare hope it will be, GW2 is going to kick butt everywhere.