Lt. Commander
# 11
04-08-2011, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
I doubt that, with both TOR and Guild Wars 2 coming out before this game will become that "rare gem." If TOR isn't the hit the fanbois and BioWare hope it will be, GW2 is going to kick butt everywhere.
Tor will be popular, if they can deliver on the goods.

Guild wars will be amazing, no doubt, but it will also have no monthly fee, and probably that fact alone if it's done right is going to decimate the big themepark sub fee mmos.
It's also going to bring out the pvp crowd in a big way.

I bought a lifetime to STO on the last sale and can't say I regret it at all, I enjoyed neverwinter nights for many years due to user generated content.

Buying a lifetime sub to STO is smart, between STO and Guild wars 2 I am going to have sci fi and fantasy MMO's with no sub fees and an endless supply of stories to play.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-08-2011, 07:53 AM
I hope they have the sale like they did last year. I wasn't sure that I was going to stick around, but I know I am now. I am very please with the direction of the game in the past year.

IF they tell us they are going to have sale, I will wait to get it.
IF not, I bite the bullet and pay full price.

Come on Devs, drop a line and let us know...

Cleto & Company.

I was quoted in thread = supa-starz status

:p
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-08-2011, 09:03 AM
Quote:
I doubt that, with both TOR and Guild Wars 2 coming out before this game will become that "rare gem." If TOR isn't the hit the fanbois and BioWare hope it will be, GW2 is going to kick butt everywhere.
You're right about gw2 and Swotor as they're really big name games with heavyweight backing, but there's no game out there like star trek online... I checked out eve and its no comparison.

Still...Trekkie rox lol
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-08-2011, 09:05 AM
Quote:
I was quoted in thread = supa-starz status
yeah one google search and a quote AND YOU ARE FAMOUS MAN lawl
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-08-2011, 12:03 PM
Feedback on this thread would be nice....
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-08-2011, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackgoofguy
You're right about gw2 and Swotor as they're really big name games with heavyweight backing, but there's no game out there like star trek online... I checked out eve and its no comparison.

Still...Trekkie rox lol
You're right, there's nothing like STO, paying a monthly fee to play mostly player-generated content, with no viable endgame.

The only difference between this and FF14 is FF14 is prettier and doesn't have UGC.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-08-2011, 07:17 PM
IF they do have the lifetime membership go on sale again this month, I'm buying it. I've been playing STO for a year now and I don't see that I'm going to leave sooooooooo......
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-08-2011, 08:00 PM
GW2 is going to kill like GW1 did.

Sure it'll be a nice game, sure it will get old just as fast as STO and GW1, and sure it will add stuff via a c-store.

Move along, next big game to kill? DCUO, whoops not, luckly it wasn't the PvP hype that Hellgate London was, oh and what was that winged flying game that would close all others down? (not perfect world a game that did it first and is still more populated), well can't think of it. Maybe the experts can tell me what game is killing this one or WoW next?

Any answers or all we all playing Rifts now? lol, enjoy for the month it takes the people to get board and start flaming.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-08-2011, 08:16 PM
Considering buying the LT next sale, but how I'm going to buy it is beyond me as I don't have a credit card and is not an option for me for the foreseeable future. So stop telling me to go buy a prepaid credit card as they're not something I can do atm. I would like to see Cryptic jump on the Ultimate Game Card wagon so I can keep buying my time.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-09-2011, 12:39 AM
They accept PayPal.