Lt. Commander
# 21
04-09-2011, 12:46 AM
There is a lifetime sale coming. I don't know exactly what day it starts, but last I heard it was somewhere between the 2nd week in April and 1st week in May.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-09-2011, 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
There is a lifetime sale coming. I don't know exactly what day it starts, but last I heard it was somewhere between the 2nd week in April and 1st week in May.
Even though I've already got mine, I'm happy I didn't wait for the sale; had I waited between 1 and 3 weeks to get the deal, I might've been able to max level a character by that time. hehe

Then again I'm the kind of guy who plays as often as he can until he's dead tired...at least I did when I was paying monthly. lol I'll probably space it out more now that I have unlimited time.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-09-2011, 02:44 AM
Quote:
Holy cow my first forum thread in STO and cryptic replied me, thanks for the info ^^
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-09-2011, 06:55 AM
I dont think TOR is going to be the blockbuster that EA and Bioware is hoping it to be. Not with the comments Ive heard about it from the devs. Trying to make it more like wow... >.> GW2 however, I can see being the next hot game.

If I can afford it, Im gonna get the lifetime sub when it goes on sale. My main problem is that its 200$ or so in one huge lump. If I could pay them in installments it would be easier lol
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-09-2011, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maina View Post
GW2 is going to kill like GW1 did.

Sure it'll be a nice game, sure it will get old just as fast as STO and GW1, and sure it will add stuff via a c-store.

Move along, next big game to kill? DCUO, whoops not, luckly it wasn't the PvP hype that Hellgate London was, oh and what was that winged flying game that would close all others down? (not perfect world a game that did it first and is still more populated), well can't think of it. Maybe the experts can tell me what game is killing this one or WoW next?

Any answers or all we all playing Rifts now? lol, enjoy for the month it takes the people to get board and start flaming.
"Winged Flying Game" might be ****? That game is awesome! I'm just not a fantasy type.

Quote:
Drop a T5 Connie in there as a Bonus and I'll pay the full price!!!
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-09-2011, 07:39 AM
I can guess the answer already.... but I just repurchased a yearly last week... any option to upgrade this to a lifetime option with advance payment made on the yearly?
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-12-2011, 01:46 AM
Quote:
Thank you for posting this, Dan. I already have mine (as indicated by my blue name) and I have never regretted it.

I know someone who very much wants to get a lifetime sub, but so far it has been too expensive and a bit out of reach for them. And announcing it a little in advance as you did here gives people a chance to prepare before the fact and scrounge up money.
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-12-2011, 01:50 AM
well I'm a little mad now seeing as i just got a lifetime membership and i did not even know about this up coming sale, had i known i would have waited.
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-12-2011, 02:00 AM
With Tax day coming sometime soon for the US I figured waiting on purchasing c store items until then as they did something similar last year. There's no guarantee of course and didn't think LTS would be included but cool for all those thinking of doing it.
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-12-2011, 02:28 AM
only problem with TOR is it will be like KOTOR as far as space battle goes it'll be a walk this way only rail shooter. wich was fun every once and a while when it was sprung on you as you travelled to a new system.

Ground is supposed to be on par with Galaxies. We'll see, i for one have waited too long to play a Star Trek MMO. And can play more than one. i can give two MMO's devided attention, 2-4 hours on each one in a 4-8 day of playing, and on my days off i can give 3 mmo's a go at 3-4 hours each in 12 hours of play time.

So i am sure mine will go STO, Galaxies for as long as it runs though i may have to unsub a few times as bills present. and atleast play the free time included with TOr's purchase. and a month here or there as money allows or if there is a LTS option.