Lt. Commander
# 31
04-12-2011, 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
There is a lifetime sale coming. I don't know exactly what day it starts, but last I heard it was somewhere between the 2nd week in April and 1st week in May.
I need your body for my Gorn babies!

Great news!
Lt. Commander
# 32
04-13-2011, 01:57 PM
Quote:
There is a lifetime sale coming. I don't know exactly what day it starts, but last I heard it was somewhere between the 2nd week in April and 1st week in May.
sounds good ill buy lifetime in may then since its soon late april no sale yet.
Lt. Commander
# 33
04-13-2011, 02:38 PM
Quote:
That's good news!

I might actually consider purchasing it, unless there is a later sale in June-August range (haha prepin for college and I really don't want to end my sub rofl).
Lt. Commander
# 34
04-13-2011, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDawson View Post
Actually, it's not just CBS that would be concerned.

STO funds 3, possibly 4 companies; CBS (license); Paramount (Licensing, only a possibly), Cryptic and Atari.

And there's also the C-Store. Bear in mind, too, that C-Store purchases require essentially nil power consumption or running costs compared to subscriber activity of being in-game, so actually the % of revenue is higher for C-Store purchases.

Also bear in mind everything is in the client, whenever you purchase something you're merely doing a transfer on the server to say you now own it which in turn modifies the settings in your client to allow you to use it.
You make the very valid point that the C-Store generates revenue for the game. And this game's C-Store, I'm only going to guess, generates a bit more revenue than the Champions C-Store.

On one hand, the game going F2P is a valid concern. But on the other hand it's kind of not. The way they did F2P with Champions really really limits what you can do in the game. It's pretty much just an extended trial. I didn't find it fun. I could be playing that game for free right now. And I don't.

I don't really see F2P having any actual impact on this game if they implement it in a similar fashion. Since it's the same company I assume if they do ever implement it, it would have to be in a similar fashion?

Anyways, I'm not all that worried about F2P for this game. Not after experiencing it in their other game.

Lifetime sub sale? Sounds like a good idea. Hope they bring it back. The way weeklies work in this game ... and the potential the Foundry has ... I'm much much more interested in such a subscription plan than I ever have been before.
Lt. Commander
# 35
04-13-2011, 05:00 PM
As far as F2P goes, I would be against it, if it results in the slowing down of content from the devs.
Lt. Commander
# 36
04-14-2011, 01:50 PM
Quote:
As soon as i saw it on homepage today i got it cheerrs to you all at cryptic
Lt. Commander
# 37
04-14-2011, 02:37 PM
i am blue daba di daba da

*leaves his right to vote with his wallet at the door*
Lt. Commander
# 38
04-14-2011, 02:51 PM
Hmm 20% off huh?

I'll consider it