Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
04-08-2011, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar View Post
Will we ever get purchasable personal bank tabs? If so, when? If not, why?

Z
This.

Plus

Q=Any chance that future Fleet Starbases will be based off of nothing but having a fleet and not off of "mine is bigger", (like some ideas about storage)?
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-08-2011, 09:29 PM
How about having weapon lockers added to ship interiors? Somewhere to specifically store weapons without having them take up inventory space, but more convenient that heading back to spacedock if i decide I want to use a specific weapon.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-08-2011, 09:37 PM
Have to give it a try guys.

I am becoming concerned that the STO time cards are becoming a scarce commodity in the retail market. Have they become discontinued by Cryptic/Atari for retail sale and will there be an alternative to buy time aside from credit cards such as the Ultimate Game Card? I know that they are purchasable from Atari on their website, but again that requires a credit card, I and some of us others donít have that option.

Game question related, will future content in Memory Alpha let us dictate what attributes will be on our crafted equipment? Instead of having to craft what is listed in the databank such as a Phaser Array with Acc and Dmg 2, we could choose Dmg 3 or Acc 3 or any combination of other attributes.

I know my first question is a bit odd guys, but it is becoming a real concern for me and I hope you can ask it if you are able to.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-08-2011, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ally_of_the_Force View Post
Game question related, will future content in Memory Alpha let us dictate what attributes will be on our crafted equipment? Instead of having to craft what is listed in the databank such as a Phaser Array with Acc and Dmg 2, we could choose Dmg 3 or Acc 3 or any combination of other attributes.
This is something akin to how I imagined crafting should have been.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-08-2011, 09:58 PM
Q: Is Cryptic aware of the extreme frustration of the PvP community, and if so, what is going to be done about it? We're happy that Ground is getting a revamp in Season 4, but an overwhelming majority of us play Space only.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-10-2011, 02:16 AM
The question is lengthy but I'd be curious to hear his answer, might be interesting here it is:

" Before I ask just for the Listners I'd like to define two terms used to describe MMO's

The first is the term theme park, this type of mmo is the much more common one, where players move from quest hub to quest hub and engage in kill ten rats type quests. A perfect exmaple of this is WOW.

The second term is Sandbox this type of MMO is more player driven, and usually has systems in place where player action influences the overall game as a whole. a good example of this type is eve online.

In sto we'eve seen the game move very much in the center, the foundry and the new duty system are very welcome sandbox type designs, while the featured episodes are an excellent story driven path from A to B.

while the foundry is really the ultimate PVE sandbox, will territory control end up becoming a more sandbox type game element, and would it be linked to crafting and harvesting to add a new layer to endgame, and a much needed depth to pvp content.

Is the dev team consciously moving the game towards this new hybrid between theme park and sandbox, and creating a unique niche game, or is this just a happy coincidence?

I hope that makes sense, after hearing salami talk about territory control in the stoked interview I'm curious to see what type of MMO the dev team enjoy.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-11-2011, 08:00 AM
Great questions, everyone! Keep 'em coming!
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-11-2011, 11:49 AM
[edited with additional questions]

Q: I heard that DirectX 11 was temporarily turn on for Tribble than later back off. in ******** I've experienced a 20% FPS increase on DX11. Do you expect DX11 to be enabled for STO sometime in 2011?

Q: The Borg STFs have special Borg gear given for completion, but Terradome has nothing. Can we get some sort of special reward for this too? (Suggestion: allow us to use the coin flip emote)

Q: Are there any plans to add an Android/iOS/Win7 app? (for managing things like mail, exchange, bank, cstore, etc.)

Q: Will the available types of diplomacy missions be expanded? (negotiating disputes such as on Starbase 39, picking up emergency supplies from one system for delivery to another, etc.)

Q: Relating to the thread for scrapping the current Captain's Table... Is there any chance of making it more like the books and moving the entrance to a door in each station's bar?

Q: Will you make transwarp timers continue expiring when on interior or ground maps, or even when logged out for an equivalent piece of time? i.e. have them actually cool down at Trigger Time + 30 minutes.

Q: Will there be any new STFs? I could easily see doing a Undine trilogy (now that Terradome is fixed). It would be wonderful to have a quarterly STF addition or have a new set added on each year's anniversary.

Q: Can the EC limit in Dabo please be waived? 300EC at a time is a painfully slow way to get latinum and those fancy yet short term holographic ship cloaks.

Q: Can you make items bind to account instead of to character? There have been lots of STF purple loot I've won that are useless for the toon I was playing, yet highly useful for one of my other toons.

Q: Since the Klingons aren't really being fleshed out mission-wise can we have a second PVP faction? This way we could have a real faction war (Romulans vs Klingons?) and reduce the pressure for normal missions as the PVP is clearly the real content.

Q: The Pelia (Undine) sector was created a while back, but not much was done with it. Are there plans for more content there in 2011?

Q: Can the variable used for rank by NPCs be changed to point to title instead? Instead of "Rear Admiral, Upper-Half Aqua", I would love to be able to select being addressed as Admiral Aqua or Torpedo Target Aqua. At the very minimum, have rear admirals be simply addressed as "Rear Admiral Aqua" and leave off the upper/lower halves which are absurd in conversation.

Q: For future levels instead of going all the way up to fleet admiral (it's already absurd for 5 vice admirals to act as redshirts on STFs) can we instead introduce some lower level ranks such as Lieutenant Junior Grade, etc. then shift the names of the various other levels.

Q: For the 500 day reward, can we have something such as being able to reroll our species or copy between factions.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-11-2011, 12:30 PM
Q: Is it possible so we could see more ships available to buy in-game from older stations or shipyards like McKinley?

Just a few suggestions:

Saladin or the updated version the Joshua class,
Federation Class dreadnought
Niagra Class
Challenger Class
Steamrunner Class.

All Ships researched from http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars...ints-main2.php. Look through the blueprints and reference material entitled Ships of the starfleet.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-11-2011, 12:58 PM
Are there plans to open up new sectors, and if so what direction (Location wise and content wise) do you expect these sectors to go.

There was once talk of an exploration content revamp, is that still being worked on and if so what direction is that going currently?

Will the introduction of the new enterprise involve a special mission chain or a feature episode series?