Lt. Commander
# 101
09-21-2011, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatAnnoyingKitsune
Please pardon if this is off topic, but I'm in need of some assistance. I intend there to be a series of KDF missions that tie in with the Federation-based mission series that I'm working on, but I'm afraid that I don't know enough about Klingons to be able to really make the missions as well as I want to make them.

Also, I'm worried about what the lasting reprecussions of earning the ability to play a KDF character being moved to level 25 will be.
When in doubt, you can't make missions any worse then the still wonky exploration cluster missions for Klignons--where you kill carnivorous plants.
Lt. Commander
# 102
09-22-2011, 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatAnnoyingKitsune
Please pardon if this is off topic, but I'm in need of some assistance. I intend there to be a series of KDF missions that tie in with the Federation-based mission series that I'm working on, but I'm afraid that I don't know enough about Klingons to be able to really make the missions as well as I want to make them.

Also, I'm worried about what the lasting reprecussions of earning the ability to play a KDF character being moved to level 25 will be.
I think that as long as you remember the key words of 'Honour, glory, and battle' when writing the dialogue of your Klingons that you'll be at least close. Also remember that you can use other Empire races, like Gorn, Orion, and Lethean. Those are much more open ended on how they would act and speak.

In terms of the 25 level thing, I think the plan was to have enough missions to level up without too much grinding. I think they were still planning on adding a few more Klingon missions themselves and would hopefully then let them lower that level start. The best would be if they made enough to make it equal but I don't think we'll get to see that. Making enough to start at level 10 would be good though.

At the end, a lot of people like playing Klingons so I don't think you'll see a lowering of Klingon players- you already have the core group who are playing them already.
Lt. Commander
# 103
09-23-2011, 02:35 AM
Update 8:
We're at 43 missions total--just eight more until we reach Milestone One!
Qa'pla, bekks!
Lt. Commander
# 104
09-25-2011, 04:28 PM
I should have another two more missions within two weeks, so we'll be real close then!
Lt. Commander
# 105
09-26-2011, 03:26 PM
Name: Day to Die
Level: 16+
By: SBCouto

Hopefully, my last mission of the series 'None Left Standing' will be out by the end of next week. So I'll be able to add another one then.
Lt. Commander
# 106
09-26-2011, 05:31 PM
When does everyone want to see the Klingon experience Project go?
  • Should we stick to the goal of 3 missions per the original level spread? Should we adjust it?

• Show we try and get the individual series composed together--like a Community made Featured Series or even as a "Front"?

• How could the list be more playable for others?
Lt. Commander
# 107
09-28-2011, 01:50 PM
I think you could probably move the start of the levels at 25- which will be the star of the klingon level anyways.

Keeping the groups of 3 missions is good since that's how people seem to be playing it.

Maybe doing some sort of marker of color code for series? Not sure. I think it's good to highlight series, the question is how.

Still, I think even the way it is now- that this project is a really good tool for serious Klingon players.
Lt. Commander
# 108
09-28-2011, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBCouto View Post
I think you could probably move the start of the levels at 25- which will be the star of the klingon level anyways.

Keeping the groups of 3 missions is good since that's how people seem to be playing it.

Maybe doing some sort of marker of color code for series? Not sure. I think it's good to highlight series, the question is how.

Still, I think even the way it is now- that this project is a really good tool for serious Klingon players.
A very early problem is that some missions were created by players for high levels but sequels are lower level--meaning some players might grab a later portion earlier.

My solution is to bump the lowest level mission in the chain before the level requirement of the highest mission--then adjust the spacing from there.
Lt. Commander
# 109
09-28-2011, 03:22 PM
Yeah, the series wouldn't work out of order so I think, even though it might be a lower level, having it after the higher level just makes sense.

I think there's enough lower level missions anyways, especially if you put in the level 25 start.

I think the people using the graph want to do the stories in order, regardless of the level.
Lt. Commander
# 110
09-28-2011, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBCouto View Post
Yeah, the series wouldn't work out of order so I think, even though it might be a lower level, having it after the higher level just makes sense.

I think there's enough lower level missions anyways, especially if you put in the level 25 start.

I think the people using the graph want to do the stories in order, regardless of the level.
My solution, for example:
Mission 1 - Starts at Level 45+
Mission 2 - Starts at Level 6+
Mission 3 - Starts at Level 31+

This means the series would start at 45+, since that is the highest in the series and it isn't the last mission. Mission2 & 3 would be placed immediately after it (meaning Mission2 & 3 are bumped to level 45/46 on the list)