Lt. Commander
# 61
05-28-2011, 08:36 PM
Really wish two things about the Foundry.

1> Would be nice if you could chat while your in it. Would help on collaborative projects. I know I have Pidgin but it's not the same.

2> Would be extra sweet, even if you could not test from it, if you could use the Foundry from a browser shell. Then I would be able to work on my stories between rounds at work.
Lt. Commander
# 62
05-28-2011, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piwright42 View Post
Really wish two things about the Foundry.

1> Would be nice if you could chat while your in it. Would help on collaborative projects. I know I have Pidgin but it's not the same.

2> Would be extra sweet, even if you could not test from it, if you could use the Foundry from a browser shell. Then I would be able to work on my stories between rounds at work.
1) Integrating chat into the editor would be nice. I alternate between palcing objects in the Map Mode and then getting stuck in two hour conversations in the Play Map/in-game mode.

2) I'm starting to use Microsoft Word to plan my dialogue portions (but I have crazy heavy dialogue: my latest Klingon mission has questioning witnesses to a murder and interrogations--Klingon interrogations). That's the closest I can get, it's also helping with character development to compare dialogue side-by-side and ensure they're different.
Lt. Commander
# 63
05-29-2011, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piwright42 View Post
What I'm waiting for is the ability to re-import the code we can export. With proper syntax checking and input sanitization, there's no reason this can't be done safely and securely, and it would allow us to leverage the programming and text manipulation tools many of us use daily to improve our Foundry authoring.

I'll even contribute syntax highlighting files for enscript if they'll do this.
Lt. Commander
# 64
06-05-2011, 08:54 PM
I'm updating the data again. be sure to submit your missions by tomorrow night.

Also, I released a teaser trailer of my next mission (KDF only):
Lt. Commander
# 65
06-06-2011, 06:14 AM
Hi all,
I haven't delved much into the Klingon Foundry missions. I have finally created a KDF foundry Author toon and am developing my first KDF mission. I'm stumped! My KDF character is only commander and have no idea what KDF look for in content. It can't be all grind and killing surely. So what do you ridged heads like in your Foundry missions?

If there is a thread on this, please point me in the right direction.
Lt. Commander
# 66
06-06-2011, 06:41 AM
I personally like story missions with focus on the Klingon worldview.

I did a lot of research on Klingons for my own missions - especially part III - and I would advise authors to do so, if they only know the more readily available UFP perspective.

Quote:
I'm updating the data again. be sure to submit your missions by tomorrow night.

Also, I released a teaser trailer of my next mission (KDF only):

* Click here to view the trailer on Youtube (sorry, Germany is blocked due to music)
* See the post here
Nice teaser! Luckily I don't live in Germany anymore!
Lt. Commander
# 67
06-06-2011, 01:48 PM
Please, use this thread to promote your mission too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by filbones View Post
Hi all,
I haven't delved much into the Klingon Foundry missions. I have finally created a KDF foundry Author toon and am developing my first KDF mission. I'm stumped! My KDF character is only commander and have no idea what KDF look for in content. It can't be all grind and killing surely. So what do you ridged heads like in your Foundry missions?

If there is a thread on this, please point me in the right direction.
A story that makes us fill young again, full of bloodied vinegar. :p

The week four update lists non-grind missions byt level (there are 25 listed, in sequence, by author). If you follow that, you can view the excel document listing each one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leirus
Nice teaser! Luckily I don't live in Germany anymore!
Itís my first time using demorecord for capturing footage (now that I worked out a .png overlay to hide the interface). I like the tools and hope to get something more clever.
  • Itís almost done too:
    • Spent 3 hours making city bigger
    • Day/Night versions of the city
    • Pass/Fail dialogue branches
    • Route you take determines whether thereís combat on the night map
    • Revision and one pop-up dialogue are all thatís left.
  • Iíve focused on characters this time around and making their dialogue different:
    • Toowoomba, The ďBoatmanĒ: Itinerant Nausicaan smuggler, aides your investigation
    • Kookaburra: Abused Nausicaan young man, witness
    • Anth: a Gorn labor ďpreacherĒ of sorts. Hates the ďhairedĒ ones in the Empire. Knows the planet in and out.
    • Tziporra: Orion weapons-dealer and involved with Heníri somehow.
    • Doc Jesse: lethean doctor accused of Heníriís murder.
    • Adjutant Governor: Klingon appointee to lead the colony.
    • Heníri Leigh: Klingon male, murder victim

It's part noir and part western.
Lt. Commander
# 68
06-07-2011, 12:49 AM
Updating the mission list as I type.

Last call to get your mission listed for this week!
Lt. Commander
# 69
06-07-2011, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Please, use this thread to promote your mission too!
If you insist.

I just published my first mission not too long ago.

Krios Falling (ST-HDGNMQVYJ)

The mission is for KDF of all levels.
It involves an assault to reconquer a world the Empire abandoned in 2386, which shall remain nameless at this point.

It's my first mission - still needs to be reviewed - so I'd love to hear some feedback. You can be brutal, just please be specific. I want to know what I can do to improve my missions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
It's part noir and part western.
Sounds sweet. Can't wait to play it.
Lt. Commander
# 70
06-13-2011, 09:02 AM
Update:
  • 18.3% Complete:
    • We're sitting at 28 missions! We're this close to reaching Milestone One.
  • See the progress chart at StarbaseUGC
  • See the mission spreadsheet at GoogleDocs