Lt. Commander
# 1 Test Ships?
04-09-2011, 01:49 PM
Just a question (it may be stupid) but how are you able to level or change the ships your test character uses in the foundry? All of my test characters seem to use the basic first level ship with basic gear...

Thanks,
Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-09-2011, 05:29 PM
There's a "play" button in the lower corner of the test-character selection screen. I haven't used it yet, but supposedly this lets you play your test character out in the game world and level it up a but.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-09-2011, 06:05 PM
I don't get it... So we need to level the test characters ourselves? How does that work... I thought we were supposed to be able to test our missions with different level characters and different ships?

Argh!
Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-10-2011, 06:24 AM
Anyone?
C'mon, there has to be an explanation... We have to test missions with the same first level ship and same first level character? I know you can throw god mode into the mix, but still.

-Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-11-2011, 02:27 PM
... Ok so the help request people told me to come back here... Does anyone have any insight? PLEASE! I'm desperate...

-Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-11-2011, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiiliitiila
Anyone?
C'mon, there has to be an explanation... We have to test missions with the same first level ship and same first level character? I know you can throw god mode into the mix, but still.

-Quiiliitiila
Yes. Unfortunately, at this time, the only way to level your test character is to play as your test character. That may change in the future but, for the moment, that is the only option if you'd like to test out your mission using a higher level character without publishing it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-11-2011, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonium View Post
Yes. Unfortunately, at this time, the only way to level your test character is to play as your test character. That may change in the future but, for the moment, that is the only option if you'd like to test out your mission using a higher level character without publishing it.
Thank you for the strait answer, I guess I'll have to hope they implement a way to level them in the future.

-Quiiliitiila