Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
04-29-2011, 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawz786 View Post
Well in fairness NATO is essentially a USA created run organisation with some help from other allies and also the USA is a lot larger than the other members so naturally they will contribute more.
And the Federation is not? My understanding of cannon is that the Vulcan, Andorians, and Tellaraites were fighting each other for decades if not centuries before humans came on the scene. It is clear from much of the material out there that it is humanity that acts as the glue holding the disparate species together, and that if humanity falls, then the very fabric of the Federation unravels.

I find that I do not get enough Human Bridge Officers. And when I do get human like BOFFs (Humans, Betazoids, Bajorans, Trill, Vulcans), their skin tone is very dark. I chalk up the name and skin tone to randomness of the character generator. If you don't like the name, change it! I do conceed that it would be nice to see some Asian names.

Your continued bashing of Anglo-American names in the game disturbs me. I find it bordering on Anti-western fanatasism. I could almost call it American hating. If you don't like the naming system in the game, and the proportion of species handed out, then leave. You don't need to ruin the fun for the rest of us.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-29-2011, 03:56 AM
About the human overflow in the show: Budget. A human regular charater is far cheaper than an andorian one. On a personal sidenote: I would love to see a female Andorian as lead of the next ST show. Would be something new

On topic: No more needed. At best more parts for the Alien bodypart pool. Its there for a reason.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-29-2011, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGmirkin
Enough with new species! There's plenty in-gme and plenty to buy @ the C-store, if in-game isn't enough and characters are plenty customizable to make-your-own-alien.

Give us a playable Romulan faction! Or Cardie. Or Borg. Or Species 8472. Or Klingo-- Ohh wait. Yeah, I guess they're playable enough? =oP
I agree with this guy, there are allready loads of races for the Federation.

I would pay big bucks to have a Romulan Faction , that would truely blow me away i think i would even get a lifetime if that happend
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-04-2011, 03:19 PM
More body parts for the Alien character creator, less playable races. It's called "imagination".
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xariama View Post
More body parts for the Alien character creator, less playable races. It's called "imagination".
Just make the playable races called Alien 1 and Alien 2...etc...etc and so on.
Perhaps that would satiate their appetite for a new playable race...lol.
Then again, I do not think this thread will go away any time soon.......so, why bother voicing an opinion that will only inflame the other side?
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-23-2011, 05:19 AM
I find that using the exchange and the Boff Assignment store to cherry-pick a lot of my BOffs helps me make the crews I want.

That said, sometimes I truly enjoy playing and being surprised by the next randomly-assigned BOff they give me.

As for making the humans less Anglo-American, I gotta tell ya, I use the 'Change Appearance' and 'Rename' options on my BOffs with regularity.

I'm a veteran of the military and it was my experience that the only time I was ever in a unit that was all-white was my tech school class. There were five of us, total.

At no other point in my service was there not a mixture of ethnicities/backgrounds.

Two problems I have with seeing all the 'human' NPCs running around everywhere is that unless you're really close/zoomed in... I can't tell a Betazoid or a Bajoran (unless they have the ear ring) on from a human.

Oh, yeah, one more thing: There are Benzite NPCs and vendors/officers and stuff all over the place, but no such thing as a Benzite BOff.

There's a few of us Benzite Captains around, though.

I'd like me some Benzite BOffs, please.
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-23-2011, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ_Costello
I find that using the exchange and the Boff Assignment store to cherry-pick a lot of my BOffs helps me make the crews I want.

That said, sometimes I truly enjoy playing and being surprised by the next randomly-assigned BOff they give me.

As for making the humans less Anglo-American, I gotta tell ya, I use the 'Change Appearance' and 'Rename' options on my BOffs with regularity.

I'm a veteran of the military and it was my experience that the only time I was ever in a unit that was all-white was my tech school class. There were five of us, total.

At no other point in my service was there not a mixture of ethnicities/backgrounds.

Two problems I have with seeing all the 'human' NPCs running around everywhere is that unless you're really close/zoomed in... I can't tell a Betazoid or a Bajoran (unless they have the ear ring) on from a human.

Oh, yeah, one more thing: There are Benzite NPCs and vendors/officers and stuff all over the place, but no such thing as a Benzite BOff.

There's a few of us Benzite Captains around, though.

I'd like me some Benzite BOffs, please.
I say to make it a C-Store item...I have not heard alot of people asking for Benzite officers....not too much benefit from having one from what I was told by one of my fleetmates.
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-23-2011, 03:32 PM
Might not be much benefit to having one, but it might be nice if my Captain isn't the only Benzite on the ship... *sigh*