Lt. Commander
# 11
04-11-2011, 11:09 AM
I must have misread the OP the first time I read it because I thought the contest included the WoK but now it doesn't.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-11-2011, 11:13 AM
Some nice designs so far. I recognize Raven's comes from the old TF Fleet; and why couldn't we use the old one?
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-11-2011, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archanubis
Some nice designs so far. I recognize Raven's comes from the old TF Fleet; and why couldn't we use the old one?
Becuase that doesn't give choice. It's essentially a new fleet with only the title and most members the same.

Copying over the old uniforms seems to be a case of "we don't care now we have a new fleet bank and Hazard isn't boss" in my eyes.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-11-2011, 11:24 AM
Thanks for starting this thread Dawson. The new entries look good. Going to be some tough choices to make. Just thought I'd toss out the suggestion made by others that we could include the new fleet logo contest in this thread as well. Kill two birds with one stone so to speak.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-11-2011, 11:27 AM
As much as I like the "old" uniforms, depending on what else is offered, I may vote for sharprifle's version when it comes time.

How long are you guys taking submissions anyway? And did someone come up with a logo yet?
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-11-2011, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archanubis
As much as I like the "old" uniforms, depending on what else is offered, I may vote for sharprifle's version when it comes time.

How long are you guys taking submissions anyway? And did someone come up with a logo yet?
Quote:
The contest runs from now (10/04/2011) for the period of 2 weeks (25/04/2011) as I will allow an extra 'day' due to the fact I am European and most members are American.
I know I've heard others talk about coming up with a logo, but no submissions have been made yet. If Dawson doesn't want to host the fleet logo contest here I can make a thread for it myself.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-11-2011, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corban_Lewis
I know I've heard others talk about coming up with a logo, but no submissions have been made yet. If Dawson doesn't want to host the fleet logo contest here I can make a thread for it myself.
Hey, as long as it's different from the one our Klingon counterpart uses.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-11-2011, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corban_Lewis
I'd suggest keeping them seperate, so feel free, Corban-sensai. :p

Also....isn't the ingame logo limited to a variety of colours and shapes?
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-11-2011, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSWW View Post
I must have misread the OP the first time I read it because I thought the contest included the WoK but now it doesn't.
Yea the pieces can't be loaded in as a fleet uniform. Even though Cryptic essentially gave the WoK uniforms away to everyone it's counted as an optional uniform like all the ones that you buy in the C-Store and therefore not everyone may have it so it's not a valid choice. Trying to use WoK pieces will just replace them with a valid default piece in a fleet uniform.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-11-2011, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDawson View Post
Also....isn't the ingame logo limited to a variety of colours and shapes?
Yeah; I would have loved to have loaded this old insignia into a fleet logo, but apparently it's not an option. Probably a good thing for Cryptic in this case, as the lawyers at Hasbro would have had a field day with it...