Lt. Commander
Hello,

First of all my name is James Goetz@goetzjam, I am a engineering VA with a tactical Klingon as well. I have been in 2 fleets sense the launch, both of which have been decommissioned. I now am looking for a larger fleet (more then 25 total members, with no little then 5 on most nights CST) I have been fulfilling roles as leader, officer and just about everything in-between, but really looking just to help out whenever, gradually working up, if needed/applicable.

I am a lifetime and I join the right fleet this time, will not leave. I mainly like to focus on STF's and alike along with helping new members. I do a little PvP, but I do not get carried away with wins/losses, its just a game.

Here is what I cannot do, make a required weekly sign-on vent, I CAN however visit a website every month and sign a roll call. I usually am pretty active on STO, but I do like to play other games, keep it all fresh.

I do not have a large bank, but I do have a nice little flow to get me some money, so bankwise I can be helpful for the future fleet starbase with credits.

Things I am not looking for:

1) Player Collectors: Blind invites, mass invites, etc. Where the recruiter invites as fast as he can click on unfleeted players. To each their own, but its not my interest to be in the biggest most unfamiliar fleet in game.

2) Elitist Fleets: I have no desire to get griped at and / or put down by someone who thinks they are Roddenberry's gift to Star Trek lore or ingame play ability.

I really prefer to have a fleet where democracy rules and one person doesn't just make the decision, however will work with a fleet depending on circumstance.

Most importantly I will consider offers for fleets until I think I have found the best one, when I have done so, I will update in the main thread as well as post to the last thread so that no more fleet request will be sent.

I welcome post here as well as PMs to this account, however for maximum exposure you can do both. The order of which the requirement offers come in the thread have no value to my overall choice.

Those who wish to score high should answer my questions in detail and NOT post a standard recruiting message.
Lt. Commander
# 2 The Clan Hunters
04-10-2011, 02:42 AM
Hello James Goetz@goetzjam

I run the Clan Hunters on the fed side and the House of Clan Hunters on the Kling side.

My fleets have 450 and 220 members and almost never any down time where there is not a single person online as we are international, in peak hours in UK and US there are about 20-50 online.

We do 3-10 STF's each week.
We do some PvP when people are up for that (we have rules of behaviour for playing PvP).
We have members that joined the fleet when the game came out and new ones that joined the game a few days ago.

The fleet is democratic and we have votes going on on our forums for everything major that will effect the fleet like new High Command, fleet uniforms (that we have for fun times). etc...

We don't require members to sign up for the forum or sign a roll call, or fill out an application to join, we get to know members on our chat channel, or vent if they would like to join us on it.

I handle all the promotions and demotion in the fleet and keep track of who is active or not.

We don't require anyone to deposit anything in our fleet bank, we have a very large group of full crafters, if anyone needs to become a full crafter I have no problem helping them out to become that.

We get requests from players wanting to join us. and many of the players are old members from the days when we used to play on Star Trek Armada.

We have rules of conduct that don't allow for favouritism or badmouthing, everyone should be included and no one should feel less worthy then others.

You don't have to join my fleet to get to know it, you can join us on our fleet channel and get a feel for how we are yourself by typing /channel_join ClanH in the in-game chat box.

Hope you find what you are looking for

Nikita
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-10-2011, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goetzjam View Post
Hello,

First of all my name is James Goetz@goetzjam, I am a engineering VA with a tactical Klingon as well. I have been in 2 fleets sense the launch, both of which have been decommissioned. I now am looking for a larger fleet (more then 25 total members, with no little then 5 on most nights CST) I have been fulfilling roles as leader, officer and just about everything in-between, but really looking just to help out whenever, gradually working up, if needed/applicable.
Greetings.
The {UFP} is a large fleet, which began in 2002 and has since been supporting purely Star Trek PC games, so there's absolutely no concern about us disappearing over night any time soon.
We've a variety of different areas to fulfil administrative or leadership roles, so I'm sure there would be something of interest for you.

Quote:
I am a lifetime and I join the right fleet this time, will not leave. I mainly like to focus on STF's and alike along with helping new members. I do a little PvP, but I do not get carried away with wins/losses, its just a game.
We host frequent STF run through events, and we're always looking for more people to help create further events for our membership to enjoy through the Event Officers program. We host a PvP night every Friday, however there are often sporadic PvP events going on during the week.
Currently I'm involved in a project which will give PvP events a more interesting angle. I'd be happy to elaborate further on request.

Quote:
Here is what I cannot do, make a required weekly sign-on vent, I CAN however visit a website every month and sign a roll call. I usually am pretty active on STO, but I do like to play other games, keep it all fresh.
The minimum requirement for membership in the UFP is a monthly roll call at the beginning of each month. We send out reminders via emails/PMs, and make clear indication of it on our forums, because we realise real life can sometimes get the better of us.
While we purely recruit via Star Trek games, we know our members' interests are wide. In understanding this we have a division called Starfleet Holodeck, which is designed to be a meeting point to discuss and organise gaming events for non-Trek games. Most popular so far are Minecraft (we host our own servers), Star Wars The Old Republic, and the Battlefield 2 modification, Project Reality. However there are a number of other games of interest and we're always listening to which way our members interests are moving.

Quote:
I do not have a large bank, but I do have a nice little flow to get me some money, so bankwise I can be helpful for the future fleet starbase with credits.
We of course appreciate any assistance our members can provide to the community overall, but there are never any expectations placed upon them. We generally ask that when people remove items, they attempt to replace them with something of equal value.
We're very much looking forward to the inclusion of fleet specific abilities, such as setting up starbases, and I've no doubt that our fleet will get behind us in putting in what is necessary to accomplish our goals. So far we're in a very fortunate position, and our fleet bank is not left wanting.

Quote:

1) Player Collectors: Blind invites, mass invites, etc. Where the recruiter invites as fast as he can click on unfleeted players. To each their own, but its not my interest to be in the biggest most unfamiliar fleet in game.
It's perhaps unusual for a fleet the size of UFP, but we don't have any recruiting personnel, or any particular perks for recruiting new members. All of our members have either been recruited just like this, on the forum or by word of mouth. We're very much against spamming the chat channel with constant adverts, or pestering unaffiliated people with fleet invite requests. That may work for some, but we value the quality of membership, over the quantity.

Quote:
2) Elitist Fleets: I have no desire to get griped at and / or put down by someone who thinks they are Roddenberry's gift to Star Trek lore or ingame play ability.
As a large international fleet, we get members who are both Star Trek fanatics, and those who can just about tell the difference between Kirk and Picard. There's no real need to know much about Star Trek. For sure we are a Star Trek gaming fleet, but if people sign roll call, are courteous and follow our rules, they're all right by us.

Quote:
I really prefer to have a fleet where democracy rules and one person doesn't just make the decision, however will work with a fleet depending on circumstance.
The fleet mixes democracy with a hierarchical system. While visiting our website, you should see that fleet involvement is an extremely important aspect of the UFP. From allowing our members to propose changes or improvements via our "Fleet Proposals" forum, to allowing them to set up their own projects with our support via our "Fleet Events and Projects" forum.
While we cannot share every decision and policy with every member of the fleet, we do try and involve fleet members on larger, more important issues, such as for example our referendum on the creation of the non-Trek gaming division, Starfleet Holodeck as aforementioned.

Quote:
Most importantly I will consider offers for fleets until I think I have found the best one, when I have done so, I will update in the main thread as well as post to the last thread so that no more fleet request will be sent.
Sounds sensible. If you should require any further information, feel free to contact me personally, or visit our FAQ page: http://ufplanets.com/index.php?pageid=faq

Quote:
Those who wish to score high should answer my questions in detail and NOT post a standard recruiting message.
If you should ever be bored enough to look through my post history, you'll see I've never replied to an individual's post with a cookie cutter response lol.

Our main website can be found at www.ufplanets.com.

Kind Regards,
John Hathaway

John Hathaway@Hathaway
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-10-2011, 11:56 AM
Hello

3rd Fleet is an international fleet with international players.

Some Key Points about 3rd

We Have Teamspeak - to get a more realistic feel to the game
Website/Forums - we have had a huge number of commentts about the basic but well thought through site and forums
Blog - We have Blogging Section so you can post your own captains log
International - we always have players online - FACT!
Fancy Signatures
Loads of threads with loads of topics

Recruitment Video :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42p-B1wWDuE&hd=1

Recruitment Thread :http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=200599

Lt. Commander
# 5
04-10-2011, 08:56 PM
Still reviewing more offers.

Thanks,
James
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-10-2011, 09:57 PM
Hey there.

12th Fleet is a tight-knit community who are always happy to see new members and welcome them to our ranks. Real life always takes precedence and as such we have no strict rules on activity. We have a place for pretty much anyone, no matter what you like doing. Our fleet structure is very solid, with a council of admirals who will try to address any questions or concerns you may have. We have been around since before launch and are one of the largest and most active fleets with over 300 active members. We also have a great fleet magazine, with news and interviews.

You can check out our website at www.12th-fleet.com

If you want to find out more about 12th Fleet, our Recruitment Post is here

If you want to join, go to the Recruitment section of the forums, and everything will be explained there
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-12-2011, 03:33 AM
Welcome to the forums! We Are an International Fleet

Red Squadrons would seem to fit your criteria well, we always have a laugh (even if sometimes its over something silly ^^) we do support players wanting end game PvP and PvE and RP, and with 11 years of experience, we're a pretty bonded fleet, we have a full and active fleet bank with everything you could ever need no matter your rank with have tabs for classes II, IV, VI, VIII and X mainly blues and greens, we have a fleet crafter who is always happy to make you anything you need.

We play STF missions several times a week and do daily's everyday including the PVP daily's, there is no min rank to join we have members of all levels and the more experienced members are always happy to lend a hand be it getting passed that tricky mission or leveling an alt

We are a military styled fleet, with the Red Squadrons Taskforce serving as our Federation Fleet and the Red Squadrons Battlefleet serving for our Klingon players! And if you want to play in both, your more than welcome (we do encourage it to develop PvP tactics .

We're pretty well known around the Trek gaming community and know a lot of cool fleets whom we have a laugh with pretty often!

Check us out on http://www.redsquadrons.net

Good Luck finding what you're looking for!
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-12-2011, 05:02 PM
Any STO fleets out there without complex rank structure or useless addons to the game?
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-12-2011, 11:20 PM
Here is what I cannot do, make a required weekly sign-on vent, I CAN however visit a website every month and sign a roll call. I usually am pretty active on STO, but I do like to play other games, keep it all fresh..

We don't require either. We are all busy in our lives and we respect that others are as well. I can tell you that you may find yourself on the website more than on STO. We are that much fun.

We are only two weeks old so we now have two bank tabs but we will have a third one this week. We have an open policy and we are trying to set it up so those of us that play a lot can donate to those that don't play as often. we have two fleet members that can craft anything, so once we get going we will have a lot of good things in there

We have been keeping our eyes out for older people looking for a relaxed fleet. We are only interested in people that have checked us out first.

Heheheheh we have a couple of members that know star trek inside and out but I also know that they have never corrected me (unless I asked them) We are all here for the social experience first. We are also into roll playing so it is good to have them with us to help with our toon bios

For now we have set up a council of five and have it so all fleet members are equal and everyone has a say in how it is run. We encourage suggestions and ideas from the fleet and some things we will vote on and some things we will ask the fleet to vote. Anyone can be a Fleet Admiral if they want to take on an admin job or a position. Everyone else follows the ingame rank they have earned. (eg. LT or LTC is a LT in the Fleet).

Well i hope you find one that feels right. Nothing is better than finding a home away from home and some new good friends.

We don't require either. We are all busy in our lives and we respect that others are as well. I can tell you that you may find yourself on the website more than on STO. We are that much fun.

Any STO fleets out there without complex rank structure or useless addons to the game?

We wanted less rules and more say into the direction of the fleet. So we set up ranking system where you are basically the same fleet rank as your character. We do have a vent server that can have 25 members on at once using voice chat but it is not required (but it is FUN)

Fleet Ranks:
Rank 1 = Cadet (Just until you get signed up on the website and in-game)
Rank 2 = Petty Officer (for 2 or 3 weeks until we get to know you)
Rank 3 = Fleet Lieutenant (in-game Lieutenant & Lieutenant Commander)
Rank 4 = Fleet Captain (in-game Commander & Captain)
Rank 5 = Fleet Commodore (in-game Admiral)
Rank 6 = Fleet Admiral (Reserve for other Senior Officer Positions not linked to rank)
Rank 7 = Council (Currently there are 5 Council members - founders)

Good luck with your search!!
Lt. Commander
# 10 The Clan Hunters
04-12-2011, 11:31 PM
Quote:
The Clan Hunters has a very simple rank structure.

Members automatically get promoted every month depending on time spend in the fleet, regardless if they are signed up for a forum, or use ventrilo.

I don't know what you mean by "useless" addons?

My fleet has no addons except for a chat channel that we use instead of the fleet chat, as that allows us to communicate with all fleet members, allies, and friends of the fleet on a single channel, whether they are on the federation side, klingon side, tribble, jabber, (any new factions) or a couple of other games.