Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
With all of the talk about the new Federation ships and uniforms and Remastered Missions, and now of course Gozer tweeting about yet another Federation Mission that he's going to be Remastering, I decided to make a list of all of the things that we Klingon Players have received this year. All of the things that we should be grateful for.

STARFLEET:

KLINGON DEFENSE FORCE:

I'm not worried though. Because I'm expecting a ton of Klingon content and clothes and ships right after Season 4. After all, Dstahl said that he won't be adding a third faction until the Klingons are "where they need to be". He also said that his wish is to have playable Romulans in game by September, 2011.

I don't see how they can do it, but I have faith. Of the heart. And I for one am grateful for all that we Klingon Players have received from Cryptic this year.

Q'apla!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-25-2011, 09:56 AM
Happy and grateful, yes.

Hopeful for the future. Thats slowly dwindling away.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-25-2011, 10:35 AM
I am grateful for ANYTHING we can get. Unfortunately, it is very slow and very little compared to Federation stuff. Still, it's something and I'm glad that we're not forgotten. I just wish that we can get things a bit quicker, though.

As for seeing the Klingons fleshed out before Romulans come around, then I wouldn't hold my breath. I seriously doubt that it will happen.

And I'm sure that the Romulans would have even less than the Klingons have now. And the vicious cycle of the Federation being Cryptic's "favorite child" would continue with the "green" faction.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-25-2011, 11:43 AM
LOL good one!

Oh wait... you're serious...

Personally I don't think they've added anything I care about to the KDF side since launch, except for the PvE stuff and sorties, but that's kinda said out of selfishness because I see quite a few people who flies around in the c-store ships.

I know when I seen the announcement of a Vorcha skin added to the c-store I immediately put on my flame retardant suit before scrolling through the forums. I just made it to LG KDF side and I know the BoP has very limited skins, so I have no experience with cruisers - but if they lack the skins the way BoP's do I don't understand why the one skin Klinks get they have to pay for. New ships like the gurumba? Completely understandable going to the c-store, but a skin for a ship that has one maybe two skins as it is? That's BS.

I'm grateful for the things that have been added, but I'm not grateful that KDF at early levels still feels like a demo. I honestly don't understand people who say that Feds aren't fully fleshed out, because I had a blast leveling and customizing my Fed characters, I don't see how much better it can get other than the upcoming remastered episodes and fluff.

they need to take a break from adding more Fed costumes and uniforms, they need to give Klinks more options for customization and something to introduce new KDF players other than just throwing us in and saying "Here's a BoP and bland missions with low SP rewards, have at it!"

I think UGC is going to fix a lot of that, but we desperately need more skins and costume options. I don't expect to be on the same level as Feds, but the lack of costume options alongside content in general gives me a migraine.

I am very grateful for the things we've gotten, but I can't help but cringe that every other week there's a new Fed thing on the c-store and we get something MAYBE once a month, if that.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-25-2011, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_484
they need to take a break from adding more Fed costumes and uniforms, they need to give Klinks more options for customization and something to introduce new KDF players other than just throwing us in and saying "Here's a BoP and bland missions with low SP rewards, have at it!"
I agree that a renewed focus needs to be made towards the KDF. However, the most vocal Fed supporters will shut you down faster than you can say "Ludicrous Speed". And, as history has shown in the forums, the louder the voice the better the reaction from the devs.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-25-2011, 03:39 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I don't feel grateful when I'm only getting what I've paid for.

Of course I've also been told that I have "entitlement issues." Specifically that I feel I'm entitled to received what I was told I was going to get in return for my money. But I'm kinda weird that way.

Here's something interesting though:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
More than half of the team is working on Klingon content for Season 4 at the moment, so I can assure that I remain committed to improving the KDF faction and have done so with every release.
So I guess now we have something definite to look forward to.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-25-2011, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
So I guess now we have something definite to look forward to.
I remember when Season Two was being called the Klingon patch. Remember what we got? Sure, it was awesome, but we still got very little. Frankly, I'm taking a wait-and-see approach with Season Four.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-25-2011, 04:19 PM
I withhold Judgment until after season four.

But there is only ONE thing I really want for KDF. Yes Uniforms and Ships and all that would be nice. But it's fluff. What I really want, is EPISODES! Not weekly series. Klingon Specific Episodes.

Since they said we will be getting twice as many FEseries every year now, why don't they have a fed and Klingon Series alternating. I mean everyone is already used to getting 5 a year (Kinda) on a non regular basis! That would make me happy beyond belief!
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-25-2011, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martok42 View Post
I withhold Judgment until after season four.
Yeah, except that's all they've been asking me to do.

We were asked to withhold judgment until the 45 day patch. Then we were asked to withhold judgment until Season 1. Then we were asked to withhold judgment until Season 2. Then we were asked to withhold judgment until Season 3.

And now, while we're in the midst of a flurry of stuff being given to the Federation, we're being asked to withhold judgment again, this time until Season 4.

How much longer do we have to wait? How long until we're allowed to just say; "Hey guys, we're getting screwed here"?
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-25-2011, 05:21 PM
Well I am not denying that we getting screwed, we ARE big time. But all the seasons are in the past, and I judge season to season. (And season 2 rocked for Klingons) So I will judge how they are doing imo as of late by season four.