Lt. Commander
# 141
10-23-2011, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I just played the first part and it was great
Glad you enjoyed it! I'm excited to see what you think of the other two episodes.
Lt. Commander
# 142
10-23-2011, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovereign77x View Post
Glad you enjoyed it! I'm excited to see what you think of the other two episodes.
Just played part 2 and loved it Generally I'm pretty "meh" about Borg stories because theyre just so over done, but your story is pretty original and I'm really enjoying it.

My only critique would be that the combat is probably a little too hard for the average player. I played your mission on standard difficulty, although it felt like I was playing on Elite. So I would imagine if someone actually did play it on Elite they might not be able to finish. Just keep in mind that people can make the mission as hard as they want with the difficulty slider, so you dont need to try to make it too hard for the standard setting.

But anyway, looking forward to part 3
Lt. Commander
# 143
10-23-2011, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Just played part 2 and loved it
Thank you for taking the time to play the missions in my Deadly Intentions series and getting to them so quickly!

Quote:
Generally I'm pretty "meh" about Borg stories because theyre just so over done, but your story is pretty original and I'm really enjoying it.
I tend to agree with your feelings about the Borg. When I set out to write this story, I wanted to explore some interesting dilemmas that would actually be at home in a modern-day techno-thriller. The Borg just happened to be a good plot device to achieve this.

Quote:
My only critique would be that the combat is probably a little too hard for the average player.
This is something I'm definitely going to take a look at. I've gotten this critique from a few people, and I've already reduced the difficulty once. I've play-tested this mission on advanced, and it wasn't too bad...but I haven't had the chance to try it on elite. My goal is to create a mission that a player can beat on elite without an attrition slog, but has to apply a little strategy to do so (i.e. pulling groups of enemies apart, letting two groups of enemies that are fighting one another do some of the work for you, etc.). I have done this testing with the third mission in the series already, and I think you'll find it a little better balanced.

Again, I want to thank you for your kind words and helpful feedback. I'm very interested to know what you think of my solution to the crisis I've imagined in this series!
Lt. Commander
# 144
10-24-2011, 12:03 AM
Hey Man,
I highly recommend Dereliction Duty by Nagorak
Very amazing story and im literally drooling for Part II
Lt. Commander
# 145
10-24-2011, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovereign77x View Post
Again, I want to thank you for your kind words and helpful feedback. I'm very interested to know what you think of my solution to the crisis I've imagined in this series!
Just played the last part and it was great! Also, I didnt notice the combat issues I mentioned in my previous post in this mission

Some very minor nit-picks: it always seems a little strange when I'm told enemy ships are attacking me but I have to fly to them to fight. I know this is partially the limitations of the Foundry, and you not wanting to have the player get attacked while they are reading dialog. But if there is any way to spawn them closer to the player after the dialog that would be more exciting(to me). ((and FYI, I'm talking about the Klingon ships from the first space battle here))

Also it looks a little strange visually to see the planet change in a split second. I know this is also part of the Foundry limitations as there is no fade in or out, but it might give a better effect if you spawn some kind of fiery effect at the point of ignition and then have the transition happen after the last Borg ship is destroyed to give a sense of the entire planet being consumed during the course of the battle.

Again though, those are only minor nit-picks and not really related to the fun of the mission itself. In conclusion I'd like to thank you for taking the time to create this content for me to enjoy and I cant wait to see what missions you make in the future
Lt. Commander
# 146
10-24-2011, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Just played the last part and it was great!
I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Quote:
...it might give a better effect if you spawn some kind of fiery effect at the point of ignition...
This is something I would love to do. Sadly, the only effect I'm aware of that might achieve this--a space explosion--is currently broken. Ultimately, I envision a major explosion at the north pole with other, smaller explosions happening at different locations on the planet's surface.

Quote:
I cant wait to see what missions you make in the future
Thank you! I have an idea for my next series that I think is pretty original (no Borg this time ), though it might be a while before I get to it.
Lt. Commander
# 147
10-26-2011, 07:38 PM
Added Fed mission "Carnosaur Sanctum" by Gugeyewalker
Lt. Commander
# 148
10-30-2011, 01:32 AM
Quote:
Added Fed mission "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished" by Captain_Revo. Fantastic!
thanks, glad you enjoyed it.
Lt. Commander
# 149
10-30-2011, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Added Fed mission "Carnosaur Sanctum" by Gugeyewalker
Woot!
Lt. Commander
# 150
11-03-2011, 07:16 AM
Thnx for the list!!!