Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
I don't know what's causing it or why it keeps happening. It's happened several time but most recently just a minute ago. We were discussing the last (awesome) PVP game both in /tell and in the OrganizedPVP channel when I loaded up a screen shot of the score board. I went back to chatting, then looked at the forums and when I went back to chat I couldn't enter text in the chat window.

I was able to type a single "/" in the chat line, but I couldn't type anything else beyond that. The keyboard was working fine because I could still hit other numbers and letters to activate powers. So far the only way I've been able to fix it is to shut down the game.

This is really obnoxious. It's pretty frustrating like when the chat window stops scrolling when new stuff is entered so you don't even realize that people have been talking for 20 minutes.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Have you submitted a bug report ticket on this, so that our QA can perhaps try to recreate this issue?
Which OS are you running; and perhaps which other services on top of STO? Vent perhaps?
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-11-2011, 08:23 PM
Actually I tried but I couldn't enter text in any fields (even the "?" help windows) until I restarted completely. At that point I honestly didn't think about trying again because it didn't occur to me that it could be traced after that. Oops. >_< It's happened several times, although over pretty good stretches of time, but I'll be sure to submit one once it happens again.

I can say that I was running STO, Firefox had the forums open, and the screen shot was up in Windows Photo Gallery. I didn't actually have vent running at that time. I can't remember everything from the other times that it happened, but STO and Firefox are almost always up at the same time. Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-12-2011, 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
Actually I tried but I couldn't enter text in any fields (even the "?" help windows) until I restarted completely. At that point I honestly didn't think about trying again because it didn't occur to me that it could be traced after that. Oops. >_< It's happened several times, although over pretty good stretches of time, but I'll be sure to submit one once it happens again.

I can say that I was running STO, Firefox had the forums open, and the screen shot was up in Windows Photo Gallery. I didn't actually have vent running at that time. I can't remember everything from the other times that it happened, but STO and Firefox are almost always up at the same time. Thank you.
Err I may have an idea of what happened here. Did you alt-tab back to STO or did you click on the icon on your task bar? IF you alt-tabbed back I bet you would also notice pressing space bar fired all weapons (energy and torpedo) and if you were on ground you couldn't use any hotkeys.

If it happens to you again when you're switching around. alt-tab out of STO, then click on the icon on yoru taskbar and see if that corrects it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-12-2011, 08:06 AM
I hadn't been using Alt+Tab to swap back and forth, I was however using Alt+Esc to cycle through (it's differentish though I'm not sure if it's significant. I've attempted to reproduce it with variations of Alt+Tabing (also with Esc+Tabing) and clicking the icon but so far I haven't been able to do so. Maybe there is another variable I'm not noticing or have forgotten about though.

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-02-2011, 06:38 PM
Quote:
[21:33] [System] [TicketCreated] Successfully submitted ticket ID #1,106,967.
It just happened again. I use Alt+Esc to bounce between Firefox and STO. This time though I didn't notice the change until I left Qo'nos space for Sector Space.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-05-2011, 05:25 AM
Sumtimes it happens to me, butt it's the left ALT button getting stuck. If you just press that left ALT button without anything else, it should be fine.