Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Why do the KDF have literally nothing to choose from at the LT Gen. levels when playing as a tac? The only ship is the Siege Destroyer and that costs 850 tokens. Does that seem fair?

Perhaps they need to hire a team specifically towards thinking-up new skills and abilities + ship classes.

I would work for freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! And I'm a developer!
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-10-2011, 11:31 PM
It isnīt fair. Itīs the KDF.
And I wholeheartly agree with you.

That said the T5 ships are a lot better than the Garumba.
Raptor is a Defiant with a worse turn and of course the BoP. Excelent ships both and deadly.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-11-2011, 05:20 AM
Money Money Money Money. That is the excuse heard most often from the fedside when this sort of question pops up, just thought I'd go ahead and beat one of them too saying it.

I can not say why other than time and resources, which is a legitimate reason from the Devs as more fedstuff rolls out to the Cstore.

Its not as if fans of the KDF haven't put forth ideas to help the process. :p
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=206245
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=200015

I guess we are just stuck being treated like mushrooms.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-12-2011, 07:38 AM
Still waiting on my refit Ktinga...
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-12-2011, 09:03 AM
A company that has three games under its belt and a forth in development is not short on cash so thats a red herring. Most likely cause is simply time and possibly resources, after all a lot of items are created for the C-Store, the monthly episodes suck up a lot of time too I'd bet and thats not counting in day to day running of an online game, patches, future content and the like.

Time however is the single biggest issue, as we all know the KDF was added as a request/after thought. People expected an Empire but got a handful of ships, grind missions and a recoloured UI, now compared to the Federation, it's a caravan compared to a five-star, thirty story hotel. The scales are tipped and will stay as such as the content must move forward with the game, any resources diverted to the KDF will be taken from the alloted resources of the Federation and future projects, namely the Romulan faction.
Hence the lack of ship choices in contrast to the Fed side, and very likely in contrast to the Roms when they are released.

Also, adding Klingon content to the C-Store, especially that vorcha skin, really ticked me off.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-12-2011, 09:36 AM
I have tried all the C-Store Ships, (except the Gorn one, I think), and can honestly say, the Normal BOP is better than any of them.
The Bre'll is broken. The others don't cloak (so you die in arena faster than your CPU can process).
Ok, the Gurumba is a good ship, but for a tac, the regular BOP is what you need for DPS. Don't be a hero and try the raptor. Once you make that decision, you are already dead.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-12-2011, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
I have tried all the C-Store Ships, (except the Gorn one, I think), and can honestly say, the Normal BOP is better than any of them.
The Bre'll is broken. The others don't cloak (so you die in arena faster than your CPU can process).
Ok, the Gurumba is a good ship, but for a tac, the regular BOP is what you need for DPS. Don't be a hero and try the raptor. Once you make that decision, you are already dead.
You are most correct up until the Raptor, on which I disagree. I find the Qin quite deadly and sturdy in combat when played under a good build.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-12-2011, 10:38 AM
If you want to be deadly, sure. But the problem with the "deadliness" of the raptor is the feds know it.
Raptors cannot defend themselves so as soon as one uncloaks, it gets owned.
I find the raptor not a good ship for a tac. Sci's or Engineers, sure.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-12-2011, 11:38 AM
Man the Orion Interceptor and K't'inga for T5 would be perfect for Tacs! Both with Cm Tacs while the Interceptor would have a LtCm Sci while the K't'inga would have a LtCm Eng.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-12-2011, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
If you want to be deadly, sure. But the problem with the "deadliness" of the raptor is the feds know it.
Raptors cannot defend themselves so as soon as one uncloaks, it gets owned.
I find the raptor not a good ship for a tac. Sci's or Engineers, sure.
Its works fairly well under the "kill the target before it kills you" tactic. But yes, it is far squishier when a Tac flys one.
Nothing survives long under scrutiny or being focused fired on by several enemies, but the raptor is good for getting in and killing.

Cycling two EPTS, HE and PH helps alot.

Though I would love a LG level version of the ships ingame that do not have one, plus the newer vessels that have been designed by Ol'Buzzard, Mister_dee and those other talented players.