Lt. Commander
# 11
04-12-2011, 03:41 AM
Gorn are my favorite aliens by far. Something about a big ol lizard guy when I was 6 or 7 just did it for me. I believe Arena was the 2nd ST episode I saw. I remember "Bread and Circuses", though I could easily have transposed the order in which I saw them in the 25 years or so since.

I love when Kirk and Shatner are wrestling in "Arena".

On one of the close-ups, you can see Shatner get a wierd smile/ smirk on his face.

The stunt-man told Star Trek.com that he was saying "Kiss me! KIss me!" to Shatner at that point. I love the little back stories from TOS!
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-12-2011, 05:27 AM
I'd be mortified if they gave female gorn boobs (see the dragonborn debates on the Wizards of the Coast forums if you want to go there!

Males and females do not need to look different when designing alien species, and when they do look different those differences don't have to follow the human design of smaller, weaker, and bustier. Some only have one gender, arcturians reproduce by cloning (so one assumes that they do not have males or females), rhaandarites are androgynous and other species can only tell the genders apart by the jewellery they wear, andorians have four genders etc.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-12-2011, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauln6
I'd be mortified if they gave female gorn boobs (see the dragonborn debates on the Wizards of the Coast forums if you want to go there!

Males and females do not need to look different when designing alien species, and when they do look different those differences don't have to follow the human design of smaller, weaker, and bustier. Some only have one gender, arcturians reproduce by cloning (so one assumes that they do not have males or females), rhaandarites are androgynous and other species can only tell the genders apart by the jewellery they wear, andorians have four genders etc.
Not everyone keeps their genitals in the same place.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-12-2011, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGoblin256 View Post
According to Memory Beta:

"Though this is impressive among the males, the female Gorns are even more fearsome as they can average around 2.5 meters high and typically are 250 kilograms. As such, the females tend to be the stronger gender among the Gorn race. Due to this, it is not uncommon to see a large number of female marines and officers within the Gorn military."
Oh wow I forgot all about that! I still kind of like the idea of some kind of feathers on the new model Gorn to distinguish the sexes. Feather mohawks! hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
Not everyone keeps their genitals in the same place.
Knee boobs ftw!
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-13-2011, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrekTheStars
Oh wow I forgot all about that! I still kind of like the idea of some kind of feathers on the new model Gorn to distinguish the sexes. Feather mohawks! hehe

Knee boobs ftw!

Heh...yet another reason that VI is my favorite ST movie!

I actually really like the plumage idea for female Gorn. It would be quite nice, have Gorn fems ever been seen in soft canon (most likely in the old Marvel or DC comics I'm thinking if so).
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-16-2011, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGoblin256 View Post
According to Memory Beta:

"Though this is impressive among the males, the female Gorns are even more fearsome as they can average around 2.5 meters high and typically are 250 kilograms. As such, the females tend to be the stronger gender among the Gorn race. Due to this, it is not uncommon to see a large number of female marines and officers within the Gorn military."
Yay sexual dimorphism reversed.

250 kilogram at 2.5 meters still means that gorn females are rather likely to be lightning bruiser, femme fatals of the not so literary kind.

Perhaps in the episode Arena it wasn't about fighting for the gorn captain.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-16-2011, 10:26 PM
are the gorn not asexual egg layers?

as far as the lethians its been stated for years that the males are the attractive ones, in that case im not sure we are ready to see the kind of ugly their women possess
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-17-2011, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhansWrath
are the gorn not asexual egg layers?
Must the Gorn be the one to be the other?

Besides if there are soft-canon sources like the stuff from Pocket Books out there that state they have two genders, then it's pretty likely Cryptic would have to use that material at least to a point.
Since the STO timeline and the Pocket Books timeline diverged at some point it would be mostly historic stuff that's different but biology would have to be pretty much the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhansWrath
as far as the lethians its been stated for years that the males are the attractive ones, in that case im not sure we are ready to see the kind of ugly their women possess
And what's so bad about that?
Would it be so horrible to have a race ingame where "Your mother is uglier than an army boot" is considered a compliment?:p

The real question would be whether Gorn females would serve in their military or be allowed to ride in starships.
That would be the determining factor IMO whether they should be playable or not.
Same goes for the Lethean females.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrekTheStars
That's a good question. But honestly...how would female Gorn look? They're reptiles, so no mammary glads. They don't have hair. Would they be bigger? Smaller? More colorful or more pale? I like to pretend that female Gorn are rare and operate more like Queen Ants (I know they're not insects) where they lay tons of little Gorny eggs.

Perhaps female Gorn could have colorful feathers on top of their head and vibrant skin colors? And a smaller less muscular body?

As for the Letheans...I have no clue, maybe they don't have separate sexes. If they did how would they look?
I have a hard time picturing This in an Orion bikini with pigtails.
Whats wrong with having a female gorn with *****? I say why noit.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-12-2012, 02:26 PM
All this talk about gorn women, why not have gorn women with mammery glands (b.o.o.b.s). In my opinion, there should be male and female's of all races, not some cast system.
Closed Thread