Lt. Commander
# 11
04-11-2011, 08:05 PM
Oh, there are lots of us around. Many old school tabletop players are all growed up now with jobs, families and responsibilities. So MMOs are where they go now. I don't think many of us have really found the kind of RP tools/experience in MMOs we're looking for yet but there are places, and periods, when it has happened. I've been around for some of those.

Sometimes I feel like the Forrest Gump of online roleplaying. I'm not the guy who makes it happen but always seem to find my way into it.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-12-2011, 10:13 AM
In most MMOs the experience pales for me when compared to tabletops.
Unfortunately, as you said, I am lacking the time to continue with either tabletops or host my own NWN2 server.

There are still RPers everywhere, true. It's simply the immutable surroundings that make it nearly impossible sometimes to create/play a good plot.

So in my opinion STO has already made a very good tool for RP fans with the Foundry, as well as for everyone else. There is always room for improvement, of course.

Liked your blog article btw.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-12-2011, 11:51 AM
City of Heroes had some great puppeteering tools for its Mastermind pet class, which seems to be a lot of the inspiration for STO, minus the puppeteering tools.