Lt. Commander
# 21
04-19-2011, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triangulum_Phoenix
The fact is, guy, that nobody plays ground pvp but I guarantee that if I were in that pvp you would have died 30 times. I'm not boasting, just posting facts. sorry
You appear to have passed through a temporal anomaly and repeated a moment in time there...
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-19-2011, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
To be honest, that's really only a small portion of what keeps me away. The biggest issue, for me, is that I like the ships and the pretty lights more than I like fighting person to person. I'd love a skill pool split and I'm curious about this revamp though. It might be enough to get me to give it another shot, but I'm still a space cadet.
I think quite a few people would join 2 space and 1 ground queue if they could do both sorts of PvP on the same character.

How well a character is suited to dual roles has a lot to do with which roles you intend to fill. A space healer or sci-wizard is very unlikely to have extra points left over for ground. A space DPSer can usually work up to at least the tier 3 ground skills if they spend their skill points sparingly.

My engineer seems to catch a double-whammy, because I heal in space (which eats tons of skill points), but the engineer kits seem to draw from more diverse skills than the kits my tac uses. Or maybe since my engineer can't 2-shot people with exploits I need to rely more on the whole kit.

At any rate, splitting the ground and space trees is the very best thing they could do for ground PvP. Either that or rework the skills so that the same skills effect both ground and space, but that would be likely to take *much* more effort.