Lt. Commander
I was messing around with the "Kill Enemies" thing and I saw the list of ships and thought it'd be cool if there was a second ship that joined me in battle. I could talk to it first, it'd talk back to me, then we'd team up and destroy the enemy (sort of like, "Thanks for coming", "No problem. Ready to kill something?" "Yeah, let's do it." kind of thing. )

Anyone know how this is possible [if it is]? Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-10-2011, 02:10 PM
If you go to your map editor, in the section that has the NPC groups for placement, not contact list, you can place any of those groups down. If the group is from a faction friendly to the player then they will help the player, if not then they will be enemies.

So for a Federation mission, you'll have to pick a group from the list of Federation encounter groups available since that is the only faction group friendly to Fed players.

You won't be able to use a group as a contact to talk to, however. You'll have to use pop up dialogue triggered by waypoints or interaction or something.

If you want that group to only show up after a certain point, you can select that group and go into the states tab on the bottom. This lets you make them show up at a certain point in the story instead of always being there.

Hope that helps.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-10-2011, 02:14 PM
Yeah, what he said. It works for ground too.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-10-2011, 03:18 PM
Thanks very much to both of you! It helps tons!
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-10-2011, 03:22 PM
Shame we can't have a "Grant Temporary Team Member" event...
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-10-2011, 03:35 PM
Yeah, that'd be really cool. Just think of how surprising it would be to have the Borg team up with you to attack the Romulans.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-10-2011, 05:37 PM
Yeah, the Borg helping you fight the Romulans... What an extraordinary idea.
*bangs head on table*
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-11-2011, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leirus
Yeah, the Borg helping you fight the Romulans... What an extraordinary idea.
*bangs head on table*
Well, I was just using those two as an example...
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-12-2011, 01:31 AM
Though I didn't figure out how to have an enemy defect, I found out how to make it appear that way.

When you're making a space map [either custom or already created], click on NPC Groups and pick your group of enemies. Then, on the left hand side [where it says the name of the group; for example, "Federation squadron - Battleship 01" click the triangle that's facing to the right.

A drop-down menu opens and there should be six choices. Click each one and then click on "Click to select costume" and change it to something from the opposite side (for example, if you picked a group of Borg battleships, you can change them [or each individually] to Federation ships).

That'll make it look as if the Borg are on our side and the Federation are our enemies! I think this could do wonders for missions, especially those in the Mirror Universe!
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-12-2011, 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOSLover
That'll make it look as if the Borg are on our side and the Federation are our enemies! I think this could do wonders for missions, especially those in the Mirror Universe!
A lot of people already do that...