Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
04-12-2011, 09:09 AM
First post updated.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-12-2011, 04:57 PM
Alright so here's my entry for the fleet Logo. . .

A bit of symbolism.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-12-2011, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaza View Post
Alright so here's my entry for the fleet Logo. . .

A bit of symbolism.
Reminds me of the badge for the Fifth Imperium in the Dahak series.

If you have not read it, I highly recommend it. It consists of Mutineer's Moon, Armageddon Inheritance, and Heirs of Empire.

Basic plot is the Moon is actually an ancient starship of a space-faring human Empire. Yes, it is a starship the size of the moon. Well 50,000 years ago it was on patrol duty in the Sol system when a mutiny erupted on the ship. The majority of the crew ejected by escape pod onto Earth while the captain triggered an emergency flood the ship with radiation move to kill the mutineers. The Mutineers hijacked some sublight battleships and fled to Antarctica but not before almost crippling the starship, the Dahak.

Over 50,000 years the surviving crew has become modern humans, clueless about their true origins. Meanwhile a small band of loyalist crew members continue fighting the mutineers in a shadow war that has secretly dominated all of mankind's history on Earth.

In 2020, a manned expedition to the Moon finds a strange passage on the moon and astronaut Colin McDonald flies his spaceship in to investigate. Dahak's automated systems have restored the ship to full service and it has been waiting for a surviving loyalist crewmember or a descendant to return to it. Dahak invokes an obscure rule and makes Colin it's new Captain. Cool, right? Well in about 5 years the ancient enemy of humanity (the space-faring human empire) is returning. The surveillance probes along the frontier of the empire have detected their return. Even worse, the Empire is not returning Dahak's phone calls.

So Colin has to end the 50,000 year old mutiny, unite humanity under one banner, prepare Earth for an onslaught of a hostile alien Empire that has destroyed the last 3 human Empires, and maybe make contact with the Human Empire and get assistance.

It features epic space battles, a diverse array of fun characters, and some really cool guns.

Anyway, it turns out the Human Empire has fallen, killed off by a bio-weapon that was spread by teleporter. So a Fifth Empire has been founded, with Colin as it's leader. It's symbol is the symbol of the Fourth Empire with a Phoenix design imposed on it.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-12-2011, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
nope. have to be the correct rank to access it.
Okay. So that means the logo editor is accessible through the Fleet Officer?

Edit: It is.

For the duration of the contests, I have added the Set Uniforms and Emblem to all ranks. This is to allow everyone within the fleet to have the opportunity to create something for the contest. For your uniform entry, please make sure it meets strict boring requirements Cryptic has left us a lack of for fleet uniform options. I will also post this in the other contest thread as well. Best of luck to everyone who enters!
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-13-2011, 03:02 AM
I couldn't nom any more Nomalies. I was all fulled up. So, I decided to try to make a logo.

Mah Logo!

I kind of like the black patch, but most people seem to like the metal shield. I included them both, but it's what's on the inside that counts. Well, that's what people tell me anyway. I assume they are right because I hear it quite often. I'm not sure why people care so much about other people's innards, but they do... apparently.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-13-2011, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLion54 View Post
I couldn't nom any more Nomalies. I was all fulled up. So, I decided to try to make a logo.

Mah Logo!

I kind of like the black patch, but most people seem to like the metal shield. I included them both, but it's what's on the inside that counts. Well, that's what people tell me anyway. I assume they are right because I hear it quite often. I'm not sure why people care so much about other people's innards, but they do... apparently.
Nice job Bob! I had played around with the logo last night as well and came up with a few variations that were very similar to your designs. [= I'm kind of hating the metal shield though because there are a lot of images that are are bigger than the area that you just can't scale to fit nicely.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-13-2011, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLion54 View Post
Me likey!

I was going to try to make one for submission yesterday, but apparently Verizon is having network issues in the area, so I'm out of luck until they fix whatever they broke.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-13-2011, 08:41 AM
First post updated! This post not updated. Updated my personal schedule by throwing it away. Guess you don't need to know that. I'm just typing stuff because its better than just saying "First Post Updated."
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-13-2011, 04:07 PM
Made a couple for consideration:

Option 1

Option 2

I kinda like the patches for Starfleet Uniforms...
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-13-2011, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archanubis
Made a couple for consideration:

Option 1

Option 2

I kinda like the patches for Starfleet Uniforms...
I'm getting red flags by my internet security saying the site has been marked as malicious when I click on your links. Happened with another link of yours yesterday. Don't know if its just me or not.