Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Cant get rid of me that easy. whos with me!? to the brel!s!!!

one day when everyone else leaves ill be autochamp.

still here? go to kerrat and fight borgz semi afk
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
04-11-2011, 01:57 PM
My account will be around forever LTS here but me on the other hand, will probably be playing X-Box or PS3
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
04-11-2011, 02:13 PM
yah, i will see something happen relatively soon i expect
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
04-11-2011, 04:31 PM
I still PvP almost every day.
In private matches.
With my fleet.

That's about the only way it's worth doing at the moment. Hopefully, it will get better...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
04-11-2011, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoeJoe
Cant get rid of me that easy. whos with me!? to the brel!s!!!

one day when everyone else leaves ill be autochamp.

still here? go to kerrat and fight borgz semi afk
You will never be autochamp, smallsam. Never.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
04-12-2011, 04:54 AM
Can't say I'll be here forever but I'm a lifer, so plan on being around for a while yet.

Have to say though that I'm finding it difficult to find the time for STO at the moment and having read all the doom and gloom around here, it doesn't sound like I'm missing much (except Shuttle Wars, which was great fun when I tried it).

Makes me wonder why those of us who post on here don't abandon the PvP queues altogether and arrange all our matches via the private challenge PVP to a pre agreed set of rules (much like Shuttle Wars but with proper ships), guess thats what OPVP channel is for but I rarely see anything in there when I'm on.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
04-12-2011, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsBody
Can't say I'll be here forever but I'm a lifer, so plan on being around for a while yet.

Have to say though that I'm finding it difficult to find the time for STO at the moment and having read all the doom and gloom around here, it doesn't sound like I'm missing much (except Shuttle Wars, which was great fun when I tried it).

Makes me wonder why those of us who post on here don't abandon the PvP queues altogether and arrange all our matches via the private challenge PVP to a pre agreed set of rules (much like Shuttle Wars but with proper ships)
Stop dissing my Nova!

Quote:
guess thats what OPVP channel is for but I rarely see anything in there when I'm on.
I don't see many people organizing matches in OPvP. I guess the Queues are still to convenient to use.

But even with BFAW, I have had good matches, and I have had bad matches. In some ways, PvP isn't entirely ruined. But there are names disappearing from the channel, the forums, from the games. That is what makes me really sad. There were a lot of good and cool people among them, people I enjoyed chatting with as well as pewpewing. And most of them seemed to have left not just because of specific balance failures, but also the fact that we don't get any "content" support.

Is PvP doomed? I don't think so. But it might be in a troubled time. A drought that might not end before next year, going by the clear lack of positive PvP related announcements.

And I think posters here that say that the Devs don't respond enough and are not clear enough - you're missing something. The Devs and producers are actually very clear. The lack of PvP related goals on the Engineering Reports or Ask Cryptic's suggest that we will get support mostly incidentally for this year:
  • PvP Maps might fall of of _some_ Featured Episodes, without any clear plans when or what.
  • Ground Combat Revamp might revitalize Ground PvP.
  • Territory Control as a possibility in the far future (2012+?)

Don't expect anything more than this. With some luck, some UI changes and Cross-Faction teaming can help us in PvP as well (just like new ships can revitalize interest and create new excitiment for a while).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
04-12-2011, 06:08 AM
I've stated countless times I am going no where.
I'll stand with you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
04-12-2011, 01:14 PM
:p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
04-12-2011, 03:00 PM
One out of nine people posting in this thread so far queues for ground PvP regularly. Sounds about right.

Lifer, so the account will be around, and when I do play, I'll be queueing... for ground. So I guess I'm here, committed to PvP, even though I may never actualy play it.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:01 PM.