Lt. Commander
# 61
04-15-2011, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-Thy View Post
LOL and that "captain kirk" is usually on a Galaxy-X dreadnought with DHC?
If I had a nickel for every time that happened...

What wonderland makes you thing you can Full Impulse into a group of enemies and take them out singlehandedly? Oh yeah, PvE...
Lt. Commander
# 62
04-15-2011, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAngelis
So they rage quit and limit the PVP player base even more? I guess that leaves the players who do not take this all as serious as some.

I love the sarcasm in your sig. Almost had me going.
Lt. Commander
# 63
06-02-2011, 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAngelis
Or.... Instead of rage quitting when someone uses it why not just use counters to it?
THANK YOU!

Instead many cloak and stay hidden. Then they de-cloak, span HUGE amounts of chroniton mines, birds of prey pets and scramble sensor you to oblivion.
But drop out three measly tractor mines, or a few scorpion fighters in response and WHAT OUT! they cloak and refuse to engage again out of principle!

So, I can't use fire at will to clear all that spam shootin at me, (not that I would want to after I'm scrambled senseless, I'd hit all MY buddies), and I can't use any of my spam, or science abilities, or any of the abilities on this list. I should .....what..... Sit still for you?

The problem I see is this, If you want to fight a straight tactical vs tactical match, play with your buddies. You can agree to use this, (or not use), this skill, or that all you want. Knock your selves out.

BUT say you're tactical, with dual heavy cannons, all battle cloaked, with alpha strikes in full play, and I'm in a match with you in my little science ship, I simply don't do the damage. These abilities are all I got.
Lt. Commander
# 64
06-02-2011, 02:50 AM
Instead of your white list that nobody can enforce except cryptic (who obviously isn't interested in fixing it's own bugs) - why don't you create a white list of fleets/player that play fair?

Otherwise you could also create a toon and ruin their fun by using what's not on your white list.

But I would preffer the first option cause even causal PvPers would have a chance to encounter a good match. :p
Lt. Commander
# 65
06-07-2011, 11:23 AM
The D-baggery of complaining about ppl warping out on you, when your own fleet is organizing a "Fun Tourny" in which only white listed combos are allowed is just priceless.

After the whole "we need to abuse it against PUGs, so cryptic will fix it" logic. I ll join those who are trying to have fun. If ppl want to warp out on you mancom, you can always wait for the opposing team to be in full strength with players who enjoy it.
Lt. Commander
# 66
06-07-2011, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam
The D-baggery of complaining about ppl warping out on you, when your own fleet is organizing a "Fun Tourny" in which only white listed combos are allowed is just priceless.
You are really good at ignoring the fact that people warp out on us even when we have no FAW, no mines and no scramble.

And in case hadn't noticed: TSI don't warp out. Your team has SS+FAW+Peng and 5 cross-healing engineers? TSI will stay and try to win.

And let's be honest: How many teams other than TSI do you expect to show up for a "anything goes" tournament right now?
Hint: the KT tournament collapsed after too many teams said that they wouldn't play if skill X or shiptype Y are not banned.
Lt. Commander
# 67
06-07-2011, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
You are really good at ignoring the fact that people warp out on us even when we have no FAW, no mines and no scramble.

How many teams other than TSI do you expect to show up for a "anything goes" tournament right now?
Having followed the debate about what has to be banned for a "Fun Tourny" I appreciated that you seem to be the only one that questioned the idea of banning anything for a Tournament.

It is not only TSI, I remember some klings worrying about more then two carriers,whom i have never encountered in teams with less then three, and other stuff as well.

If full premades need to abuse powers against PUGs to make a point, then PUGers are free to leave to make the same point. Deal with it, or rethink the whole strategy with the higher echelons of the PvP community.

But by hosting this tourny, you pretty much lost all credibility in complaining about afkers. Particularly sad because you personally seem to have been the only one seeing that from the beginning, but that's just what it is now.
Lt. Commander
# 68
06-07-2011, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
Hint: the KT tournament collapsed after too many teams said that they wouldn't play if skill X or shiptype Y are not banned.
I can imagine why, I know of one set of matches in question that... ohoho *big devious grin*

I had a longer post, but it would embarrass some people about their actual skill instead of how much SS they can use and how many mines they can put down :p
Lt. Commander
# 69
06-08-2011, 05:07 PM
You TSI are the ones who spouted the Play 2 Win doctrine for months while you formed one spam attack build after another. You made your bed, you now get to lie in it. The state of pvp is your fault, you were the first to spam mines, and the reason why beam FAW exploded into popularity. After all this time it gives me no small amount of pride to see you admitting you were wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 70
06-08-2011, 05:16 PM
This is just silly. So much hate and it doesn't make one good bit of sense.

Get over yourselves.