Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
04-14-2011, 01:13 AM
Welcome to PvP!

You'll definately start noticing that changes to the game that may seem inconsecuential in PvE, can have major or even gamebreaking results in PvP.

Whereas PvE balance is very hard to mess up, PvP balance is extremely sensitive. (And so are the people wjo play PvP )

My main wish for PvP is variety. The better balanced gear and abilities are, the more different builds will be seen in PvP. The current BFAW is giving people a quick and easy route to victory, and the only reason you still see a lot of other setups, is because many find the beamboat so boring/uninterresting that they would rather die than swap to it... (rather die in-game, that is)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
04-17-2011, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Welcome. PvP in this game can be great. The mechanics are fantatic and when two evenly matched teams meet up it can be a blast. Yes you are coming in with a few broken mechanics in game right now. Its possible to still have fun, however it can sometimes be somewhat silly too. Many of us "long time" pvpers are sensitive to skill imbalanced through lots and lots of use. Stick with it and by all means ask in the forums for advice on your build if you want some honest help. There are many here who will offer you very good advise, some not so much, still it will help.

As far as PvE and PvP being so diffrent, understand that no mmo will find a balance that way. What you will find is your PvP build is going to OWN PvE. lol
The first 2 months of this game I mainly did PvE... after a month of trial by fire PvP My build was honed and honestly before the PvE Difficulty slider it was mind numbingly dumb after I had my ships PvP tuned.

Thanks for the insight, I'm glad to hear that a new guy queing up isn't 100% for sure going to be turned off and never que with us again. I hope to see you in game, be a humble student and try to learn from each match and you will get good at this.... and honestly ya have fun, its a game. Thanks, again Welcome.
Qaw, being nice? I am surprised, slightly shocked even..and stop telling ppl u will help them, i have never once seen you help a soul.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
04-17-2011, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey22805
Qaw, being nice? I am surprised, slightly shocked even..and stop telling ppl u will help them, i have never once seen you help a soul.
I have tried to help you become a better healer Mikey.... But still all your friends just splod around you. lol

Forum love from Mikey. You must be missing me in game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
04-17-2011, 03:24 PM
Quote:
I have tried to help you become a better healer Mikey.... But still all your friends just splod around you. lol

Forum love from Mikey. You must be missing me in game.
First off I am a very good healer ask Cuba. Secondly, when did u ever try to help me or suggest anything to make me a better healer? Please refresh my memory, because i dont recall
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
04-17-2011, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey22805
First off I am a very good healer ask Cuba. Secondly, when did u ever try to help me or suggest anything to make me a better healer? Please refresh my memory, because i dont recall
Thirdly, No healer can keep a ship alive when he or she is focused by 5 or more ships
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
04-18-2011, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey22805
Thirdly, No healer can keep a ship alive when he or she is focused by 5 or more ships
With BFaW you can now have 3 healers one escort and the fifth could be a shuttle craft there are enough heals, dare I say too much now.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
04-18-2011, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
With BFaW you can now have 3 healers one escort and the fifth could be a shuttle craft there are enough heals, dare I say too much now.
But if you come up against a dedicated premade FAW team, you can have 5 healboats and still be short on heals...

Luckily, most premades only use FAW to spice up things now... The all-FAW stuff is just too boring. But if there was a tournament going off now, those who "play to win" would set up their all-FAW team in a heartbeat.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
04-18-2011, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
But if you come up against a dedicated premade FAW team, you can have 5 healboats and still be short on heals...

Luckily, most premades only use FAW to spice up things now... The all-FAW stuff is just too boring. But if there was a tournament going off now, those who "play to win" would set up their all-FAW team in a heartbeat.
Yeah SoS on the KDF side is trying to get a pre-made team together. We have 4-5 guys but we only get 5 every so often so we roll usually as 3 or 4. We are running one good healer and one support healer with a sci and tac in raptors.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
04-18-2011, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry_Black_Man
All sadly very true points. The fact that I need a 3rd-party Wiki to give me more data than the developer is shady at best, incompetent at worst and bad business no matter what:

Umm, this is off topic but just FYI - 99.9% of all other MMOs NEVER reveal their mechabics to their players. They don't discourage players from doing teir own tests and making their own assumptions, but it's rare that any Developer devulge the actual mechanics; so that fact that ctryptic is often willing to do this is a big plus in my book.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
04-19-2011, 11:25 AM
Aww dont hate on the MVAM. I use it and have become quite good at it even without sauce separation. The extra sci slot really makes her potent.

I actually came across an all defiant r team. That was ownage!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:44 AM.