Lt. Commander
# 1 Skip the next season cryptic.
04-12-2011, 02:14 PM
Instead of giving us more and more new content can we get all that time and effort put into bug fixes? We have a lot of bugs as it is, with more content there will be re-balancing issues of new items and more content means more bugs on top of whats already in game and the mountain gets a little bigger.

Can we get a streamlined finished product before you add more bells and whistles?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-12-2011, 02:51 PM
I would buy that for a Dollar..

I agree, but also, some effort needs to be put into reporting many bugs so that DEV's can locate and effect the repairs as needed. One recent player, returning after a break, mentioned some Anomalies buried in the ground. Without a Mission Name, Planet Name, and Rough Map Local, NE Quarter, Center Left, or some focus point, it is hard to get the repairs made.

The more detail that can be offered, the easier it is to find the problem spots.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-12-2011, 04:40 PM
Mhm, that's like asking the guy who is adding the patio to the back of your house to stop working until the guy who fixes your dripping faucet is done working. It's not quote how it would work in your home and it's not how it works in an MMO.

Not all developers do the same stuff.
Bugs are handled by the QA first and then by Developers who can repair what is broken.
New stuff is made by other people who sometimes never even are working on any bugs.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-12-2011, 05:28 PM
Is it possible we can get sort-of a "Season 3.5" update, which gives us -some- of the features of Season 4, before the official Season 4 launch? Would be nice, considering we've been dry on "Cryptic made" content for several months now (with the exception of the feature episodes).
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-12-2011, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkthunder View Post
Is it possible we can get sort-of a "Season 3.5" update, which gives us -some- of the features of Season 4, before the official Season 4 launch? Would be nice, considering we've been dry on "Cryptic made" content for several months now (with the exception of the feature episodes).
I would love for them to do something to this end. I am honestly getting bored with the current state this game is in. At the very least, if Ground Combat 2.0 is ready soon...please release it prior to season 4.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-12-2011, 05:32 PM
Season 3.5: Baldric Fixes!
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-12-2011, 06:16 PM
They can't do that. All the Season 4 stuff is in the Season 4 code branch. The updates that have been made lately are in the Season 3 code branch. You can't just drag-and-drop specific features because there's a very good chance you'll miss some underlying code that's necessary for New Thing to work, but would break the currently-functional Old Thing because they haven't thoroughly tested the code branch for release.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-12-2011, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
Mhm, that's like asking the guy who is adding the patio to the back of your house to stop working until the guy who fixes your dripping faucet is done working. It's not quote how it would work in your home and it's not how it works in an MMO.

Bugs are handled by the QA first and then by Developers who can repair what is broken.
New stuff is made by other people who sometimes never even are working on any bugs.
Since some bugs have been here since STO went live (especially KDF side) maybe you guys should work on whatever is causing the bottleneck. I'm sure there is no lack of bug reports. Maybe you need more QA guys? I gotta say, that would be a fantastic thing to offer to some dedicated players. Give them a free LTS or something to verify bugs for you.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-12-2011, 07:59 PM
I tend to agree with the original poster's logic. I feel like I'd build the house before starting an addition. Planning ahead is always great, but you need a foundation you can count on. MMO's are living breathing beasts for sure, I'm not saying it should be easy or trying to dismiss the great fixes that have come through, but over a year later some things should be cleaner than this.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-12-2011, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone

Thank you for your reply, While not everyone works on the same thing I was coming from a perspective that they made the content (most of the time, i understand some people have left, like the designers of teradome for example) That with feedback from the comunity they could fix things. But i understand where you are coming from.

Now I was wondering we see a lot of bugs in game and we are complaining (no sugar coating here) what can we do to help? if we get on tribble and help test thing before they hit and make bug reports is this the best time community feedback? with more players on there would you say Yes it would help substantially with regular gameplay experience?

And ty SteveHale, I do try to be logical =p