Lt. Commander
# 11
04-12-2011, 09:42 PM
Season 3 was supposed to be the 'Bug fix season' and alot of people complained and some even quit because content wasn't on the list just bug fixes.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-12-2011, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindmage View Post
Season 3 was supposed to be the 'Bug fix season' and alot of people complained and some even quit because content wasn't on the list just bug fixes.
Yes, I recall that as well. Except the reverse is true for me.

Season 1 was pretty buggy.

Season 2 was rock solid.

Season 3 has been frustrating.

But.. I try to take it in stride. The bugs started about 2 or 3 days into Season 3. I don't report the bugs anymore, since I feel like it accomplishes nothing.

Some of my bugs are common (That highly annoying boing sound I hear a few hundred times a minute, or my transwarp powers that like to play musical chairs) . Some are extremely odd. Like sometimes when I go to heal myself, my ship will target my nearest ally and heal or buff them. Only sometimes. Sometimes it happens for a day, sometimes for 10 minutes. And Yes, I'm fully aware of the options affecting targeting functions. Nothing I do cures it. Weird right? So I don't even bother with a support ticket anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-12-2011, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlightracer View Post
Only sometimes. Sometimes it happens for a day, sometimes for 10 minutes. And Yes, I'm fully aware of the options affecting targeting functions. Nothing I do cures it. Weird right? So I don't even bother with a support ticket anymore.
I feel ya with not even bothering with the tickets anymore, I have decided its not worth my time, because it seems things just dont get fixed. Dont get me wrong, if I saw things were getting fixed in a timely manner and with some regularity then I would make bug reports...I just dont see this.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-13-2011, 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by opzulu View Post
I just dont see this.
same for me... i don't even bother anymore.

it's this damn "Priority" thing...
they only fix the bug's that have a high priority,
as i see it that means Bugs that were recently introduced by an update and they are still working on it anyway... so the new glitch with the Popups get's resolved in 2 days, but the Geometry Bug on the K't'inga stays in the game for friggen ever.

A Bug is a Bug is a Bug and needs fixing.

how about sitting one guy in front of the *high* priority bugs, so that the important stuff gets fixed like it is now AND one guy who only fixes the low priority (but still annoying as hell if you see it every day)-Bugs?!

As it is, the low priority bugs NEVER get any attention because there will allways be that new high priority bug introduced with the latest patch...
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-13-2011, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
Mhm, that's like asking the guy who is adding the patio to the back of your house to stop working until the guy who fixes your dripping faucet is done working. It's not quote how it would work in your home and it's not how it works in an MMO.

Not all developers do the same stuff.
Bugs are handled by the QA first and then by Developers who can repair what is broken.
New stuff is made by other people who sometimes never even are working on any bugs.
You know yourself how Crazy Some people get with a Dripping Faucet!

btw: I have tried to help with Bug Reports for some time, and when I see similar over and over, I get disturbed about it and want to quit submitting reports. What specific information do DEV's need to find and FIX an anomaly buried in the ground issue? That IMO is one of the most Common Annoyances I find.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-13-2011, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by opzulu View Post

Can we get a streamlined finished product before you add more bells and whistles?
I'm rather looking forward to what the KDF are getting in season four and while a huge bug run is needed, I would like to see what they did for us before the next fed "fashion show" hits the Cstore and we are put on the back burner again.

Give us that fleshing out we've been promised and I'll gladly support the Devs stopping making fedfluff and focusing on bug fixes.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-13-2011, 10:10 PM
I agree, while i did buy a few things the klings need more. Hopefully when they get more the spam can be turned down cause atm thats the only thing they really got going for them...and spam is never a good thing.

Here is a thought, take twice as long to put out new content and test the bugs out of it, give real rewards for using tribble and when it hits live there SHOULD be hardly ANY bugs.

I guess the point of this thread was for me to say I want quality over quanity of content. We now have the foundry to keep us busy, fix things and go slowly with the content.
Lt. Commander
# 18 Bug Ticket Submissions.
04-14-2011, 05:53 AM
I can certainly acknowledge the frustration most feel from submitting Bug Reports, and not seeing the Improvement that they want to see, in some Specific Time Frame. I also run through that same Trench Often.

When a Ticket is Submitted, as I recall, there is a message that comes up with that Ticket Screen that says "That Due to the Extreme Volume of Tickets Being Received and Processed, The DEV's can Not Respond to Individual Tickets".

That suggests to me that I may not have specific information that some DEV is at that moment working on my submission, or perhaps some one else's.

If we all throw up our hands in Disgust, and stop submitting reports at all, then there will Never be a Repair done for that One Bug that Bugs each of us the most. My particular one is the Buried Anomaly on many Planet Surfaces. You can find it, but when you get there, you can't scan it. Then you can't find the next one due to the Pointer coming back to the Buried one all the time, so I loose Both on that planet at times.

If we can all just be patient and give the process the time it needs, the result we each want to see will eventually be brought forth by the Extensive Efforts of the Great Team that is working on this game.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-14-2011, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
Mhm, that's like asking the guy who is adding the patio to the back of your house to stop working until the guy who fixes your dripping faucet is done working.
No, it's more like asking the guy building the fourth floor add-on to stop until the gaping cracks in the foundation are fixed. People keep asking for what seem like (and probably should be) simple fixes and are met with responses like "oh, it's more complicated than that," or "it's so interconnected that a change to that would break everything else." That's not an indication of a "dripping faucet." It's a sign of serious fundamental design flaws.

Please, fix the foundation first, then decorate the roof trim.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-14-2011, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhtp View Post
No, it's more like asking the guy building the fourth floor add-on to stop until the gaping cracks in the foundation are fixed. People keep asking for what seem like (and probably should be) simple fixes and are met with responses like "oh, it's more complicated than that," or "it's so interconnected that a change to that would break everything else." That's not an indication of a "dripping faucet." It's a sign of serious fundamental design flaws.

Please, fix the foundation first, then decorate the roof trim.
I personally am not a programmer, and do not claim to know all there is to know about what the total depth of the problem is. I have however worked hand in hand with more than one Programmer who has made Mods for Similar Games to this, without the Greater Depth that this game has. This game has much more Depth that the one I worked with.

One of those Programmers created a Mod for the game that literally contained Hundreds and Hundreds of Pages of Code. I worked for several months searching for Bugs in that Mod, and found many. For each Bug, Every Single Line of those Hundreds of Pages of Code had to be gone over to find some simple thing. Often it might just be a "Period" (.) put in a line where it should not be. The simplest things can be the hardest to find, and therefore fix.

As has been stated by DEV's there are some working on Bugs, and some on new development. Both can be done at the same time. Hopefully, Future Bugs can be Caught on Tribble, and Not Brought to Holodeck. Eventually, I believe that if we can be patient, they will all get fixed.