Lt. Commander
# 11
04-14-2011, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayyde
I didn't know there was another MMO doing this. However, I know Rock Band was offering your characters as figures for a while. It got discontinued. Maybe not enough people like this idea.

Honestly, while it would be neat to have a little desktop model of my ship, I'd pay just as much of more for a figure of my Captain. My girl Captain, at least. I'd say my Bridge Officers, too, but I know how expensive that can get...
At least one other MMO IS doing it. I have one on my shelving unit at home ! Even though I've left that game to play this one, I still have that as a reminder of the fun and good times I spent .. my sons are still there. I got to do some thing on that game that few men my age are able to. Kinda a really cool thing to have.

And if it were available (even at a greater cost) .. I'd love to have a replica of one of favorite toons in full dress uniform standing at the base of a nicely done replica of the ship.

IMHO ... it doesn't get much better than that!
Lt. Commander
# 12 good idea but
04-14-2011, 07:37 AM
Your not the frist to post it. They could even sub contact to the other MMO so no money out of pocket just profit to STO.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-14-2011, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeves
Your not the frist to post it. They could even sub contact to the other MMO so no money out of pocket just profit to STO.
Well, to tell ya the truth the best I can remember the "other company" that does the figure prints is independent of the MMO. They simply do ALL of the work for ALL of the customers of that game who order the sculptures. ( a pretty good arrangement actually). Had I stayed with the game another year and got some of the high end gear from crafting, running with a few of the raid groups (via special invite from my sons ) I would have made a second one. If we ever go back, I will go after the good stuff and see about getting another figure print.

IMHO it's the single best way to have a keep sake that will be around for years !
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-14-2011, 09:02 PM
I'm game for this. I'm always looking for a way to spend my disposable income! Depending on the price, I'd likely get one for all of my captains ships... so 5 captains, with 5+ ships each = $$$$$
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-15-2011, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilarium View Post
I'm game for this. I'm always looking for a way to spend my disposable income! Depending on the price, I'd likely get one for all of my captains ships... so 5 captains, with 5+ ships each = $$$$$
hehehehehe

IMHO this is one of those things that once it catches on .. there will be a LOT of multiple purchases. Mine included !
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-15-2011, 07:31 AM
For an example of the ship making process:
Xuvaxi Prosecutor
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-15-2011, 11:47 AM
Signed.
Would look great between my Enterprise lineup and my other random Fed ships. I would prefer that they be made to the 1:1000/1400 or 1:2500 scale to match most of the popular ship model kits out there.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-15-2011, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav750k View Post
Signed.
Would look great between my Enterprise lineup and my other random Fed ships. I would prefer that they be made to the 1:1000/1400 or 1:2500 scale to match most of the popular ship model kits out there.
????

1:2500 is probably way to small

The Art Asylum models (roughly 12" long for the Enterprise E ) might be too big ??? (not sure)

But if the model is at least 8 to 9 inches (again using the Enterprise E for the example) ... that might work. Add to that a figure print of the "captain" of the ship at or about 4-1/2" tall (slightly larger than those you see at the store) Custom paint to that of the toons and ships we use in game ... and IMHO that is a "win-win" for everyone !
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-17-2011, 09:15 PM
If you're suggesting what I think you're suggesting, I could certainly get on board with it.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-19-2011, 02:12 PM
I've got several figures from that other game.

I'd much prefer figures of my STO officers!

I am all in favor of this.