Lt. Commander
# 21
04-19-2011, 06:59 PM
I haven't got a lot of disposable income for it, but I'm sure I could save up for a nice model of my main starship. That would really be neat. I'd spring for that much, at least.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-21-2011, 10:32 PM
In case anyone does NOT speak Euphemism, the "other MMO" is World of ********, and the "other company" is FigurePrints. Though I think the term is that they DID them, because I don't think they still do - or if they do, they're not updated for Cataclysm. Sorry to derail your thread, but that bugged me, that whole trying to say it without saying it - JUST SAY IT ALREADY!

With that out of the way, I support this idea.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-21-2011, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askray View Post
Lets see would i like a small bust of my ship on my desk..

WELL DUH!

I totally support this idea!

Me Too! I would love to put it on my desk.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-22-2011, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayradyss View Post
I haven't got a lot of disposable income for it, but I'm sure I could save up for a nice model of my main starship. That would really be neat. I'd spring for that much, at least.
yeah .. a really nice momento of the hours we invest in game .. (and here)
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-22-2011, 01:01 PM
I would love this, I would not be able to afford it but I would love the option to be there if I ever got enough money for one.
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-25-2011, 06:01 AM
Signed, as long as either playmates or diamond select toys were behind the project, and I could hang them from the ceiling with fishing wire like I have the other Star Trek ships.
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-28-2011, 04:45 PM
I'd like to see this as well. Players pimped out ships and toons turned into toys or models (as long as they're quality and hit CRAP), would definitely be a great idea. Maybe they could sign a deal with the company that did the TNG action figures so we get something like that.
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-28-2011, 04:56 PM
I do not see how this idea would be possible, since it would cost a lot to mass produce all of these differant ships plus they would be relitively unique.

Its a great idea but i dont think it could happen
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-28-2011, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermanator101 View Post
I do not see how this idea would be possible, since it would cost a lot to mass produce all of these differant ships plus they would be relitively unique.

Simple! There are tons of companies out there similar to Cafe Press that create custom items on order for a fee. The company that does the WoW stuff more than likely charges a premium fee with a small portion of each sale going to the games developers. It's really a pretty simple idea for those who would like something like their ship and such and yet another source of revenue for Cryptic as well. Everybody wins!
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-28-2011, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermanator101 View Post

actually my friend the individual models are made as they are ordered. the resine used is a powder... and formed 3-D based upon the 3-D mesh provided by the company making the models (in this case Cryptic .. by permission of CBS of course).

The painting is done by use of the same 3-D model file. The information is translated from a completed file that is used from the in game data, and simply used by a 3-D "printer" .... I need to see if I can find a link on the subject that is not related to an advertisement link (so as not to break forum posting rules). I've seen the technology in use from a demo file. It's absloutely incredible !!