Lt. Commander
Executive Producer Dan Stahl discusses the future developments and updates in store for Star Trek Online in this Outpost Gamez interview. Give it a read here.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-12-2011, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl
Yes. We intend to introduce items that are required to complete missions in future Feature Episodes. An environment suit is one of them.
This sounds awesome. I hope we are allowed to "keep" the suit so people can design Foundry missions that involve the player wearing the EV suit too
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-12-2011, 05:50 PM
Great content in the article, but their web page layout makes me want to stab my eyes out...
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-12-2011, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Q. In the recent ask Cryptic it was discussed that a Sol System navigation option was to be added at some point in time. Will this eventually spread to other systems in sector space and which systems would be first? Could this possibly be done from the bridge as a compromise for players that wish to play from it?

A. We plan to add “in the neighborhood” locations and missions around Sol and Qo’noS as early as Season 4. We can investigate adding more of these neighborhoods in the future, but they can be expensive to make and there may be better content for us to be making than that.

Travelling from your bridge is a question we’ve been answering since before the game launched and don’t anticipate a change to our answer in that we don’t see it happening any time soon if ever.
Thankyou for being honest about this. You have just stated the one thing that finally makes this game untenable any longer for me. Playing from the inside of my starship was the biggest attraction for me of the game. Now that you've said it so directly. I can finally stop following this game once and for all and stop wasting money on Cryptic points and fluff items to try and enhance the game. Yeah i am a lifer, but i have been on a break for a couple of months again. This just means i have little to no reason to come back.

Good luck with the future Dan.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-12-2011, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
This sounds awesome.
What did?

I couldn't find anything in there worth paying attention to.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-12-2011, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadscythe
Thankyou for being honest about this. You have just stated the one thing that finally makes this game untenable any longer for me. Playing from the inside of my starship was the biggest attraction for me of the game. Now that you've said it so directly. I can finally stop following this game once and for all and stop wasting money on Cryptic points and fluff items to try and enhance the game. Yeah i am a lifer, but i have been on a break for a couple of months again. This just means i have little to no reason to come back.

I agree, iam rather disappointed to hear that they will not be introducing sitting on your bridge to be honest. I dont think it would be hard to do to be honest.

Iam pleased to see what they had to say in regards to the Klingon Faction getting some more love; opening up specific areas would go along way while to be honest expanding that of Klingon space which is small should be expanded.

Another thing that was stated was and is a disappointment is that they aren’t going to be expanding space other than for episodes and to be honest the universe is way too small and should be expanded and it is a major disappointment which I hope they rethink about that action.

Interesting about ground combat, however we knew there is an update in regards to the Engine, but and while iam not surprised what should be pointed out is that they will be bring forth more along the lines of what we have seen in the last episode, which I welcome as it had REAL depth and some awesome new mechanics which I would have like to see throughout the game introduced but perhaps it will come later.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-13-2011, 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadscythe

I too had some disappointment with some answers. Cryptic has been very closed lip lately about things to come. While they may be talking about whats out now they are not giving us something to look forward to. The new ground combat system looks really nice but is this all for waiting this long?

In many questions, interviews and other things I always hear that the tech isn't available to do something. I am also always amused at how much the most asked for feature is always turned down. Playing from the bridge is one of the most requested features.

Q. In the recent ask Cryptic it was discussed that a Sol System navigation option was to be added at some point in time. Will this eventually spread to other systems in sector space and which systems would be first? Could this possibly be done from the bridge as a compromise for players that wish to play from it?

A. We plan to add “in the neighborhood” locations and missions around Sol and Qo’noS as early as Season 4. We can investigate adding more of these neighborhoods in the future, but they can be expensive to make and there may be better content for us to be making than that.

Travelling from your bridge is a question we’ve been answering since before the game launched and don’t anticipate a change to our answer in that we don’t see it happening any time soon if ever.

So you put in what the players want or don't you?
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-13-2011, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorgald View Post
What did?

I couldn't find anything in there worth paying attention to.

The part I quoted before I said that, obviously. Even if you dont agree, its pretty obvious what I was talking about.
Lt. Commander
# 9 A Vote of No Confidence ....
04-13-2011, 07:12 AM
Another great interview .... for no other reason then to get some honest "answers" about a few issues players have been asking about. Between the latest Q&A, and now this interview, I am VERY dissappointed in the Devs. It went from "giving the fans what they want" to "long time coming if ever." Functionality, Content (& I don't mean uniforms or fluff items), & Endgame ... these 3 areas are what will make or break this game. Give the Star Trek fans what they're asking for, & you'll end up with the best Star Trek game. Too easy.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-13-2011, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitefox74654 View Post
Good link whitefox74654. To place the blame on WoW says a lot about the corporate mentality, or the lack of. If you build a good product you will draw over fans.