Lt. Commander
# 1 Commander Finally
04-12-2011, 06:22 PM
Oh sure, no problem you say! And I would agree with you... except that I just got to Commander tonight as a KDF officer.

*whew*

I had to repeat several missions several times and do a bunch of the explore missions. Also I used three of those xp boosters. lol

PLEASE for the love of all the gods in the universe, hurry up with the KDF content. >.< I want to get leveled up so I can get the Orion Marauder finally.

I think Once I get past Captain (or whatever its called KDF), it wont be *quite* so bad... its just the first 21 levels that are meh. The first 11 were horrible and it took me a long time because I hated being in that BOP.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-12-2011, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling
Oh sure, no problem you say! And I would agree with you... except that I just got to Commander tonight as a KDF officer.

*whew*

I had to repeat several missions several times and do a bunch of the explore missions. Also I used three of those xp boosters. lol

PLEASE for the love of all the gods in the universe, hurry up with the KDF content. >.< I want to get leveled up so I can get the Orion Marauder finally.

I think Once I get past Captain (or whatever its called KDF), it wont be *quite* so bad... its just the first 21 levels that are meh. The first 11 were horrible and it took me a long time because I hated being in that BOP.
You'll enjoy it when you get there. I love my B'rel Refit.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-12-2011, 06:36 PM
My first KDF char was an Orion, i wanted to fly the Marauder as well, i was disappointed with it, but maybe you have more fun with it.

So, i leveled to max level twice as a KDF char, im still spinning, if you know what i mean.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-12-2011, 07:16 PM
Quote:

*whew*

Lt. & LCdr KDF PvE Grind Comparison
  • T'Ong Nebula Star Cluster Mission (Lt): 27 Skill Points, 7 BO Skill Points, 11 Honor, 75 1st Order Exploration Badges
  • T'Ong Nebula Star Cluster Mission (LCdr): 27 Skill Points, 13 BO Skill Points, 11 Honor, 75 2nd Order Exploration Badges
  • Pi Canis Sortie Alpha (LCdr): 216 Skill Points, 126 BO Skill Points, 138 Honor.
  • Pi Canis Sortie Bravo (LCdr): 216 Skill Points, 126 BO Skill Points, 138 Honor.
  • Pi Canis - Path of the Warrior (LCdr): 324 Skill Points, 189 BO Skill Points, 207 Honor.

Lieutenant Fed Delta Volantis Star Cluster Mission (for comparison)
  • Delta Volantis Star Cluster Mission (Lt.): 54 Skill Points, 13 BO Skill Points, 21 Merits.

So the Fed Lieutenant-level star cluster mission offers twice the skill points and honor equivalent of the KDF Lieutenant Commander star cluster mission. Yeah, that seems fair. That's as good an indicator of dev sentiment towards the KDF as any I can think of. Lack of content complaints can be (and have been) waived off as 'we didn't have time' and 'we'll get to it'. This is outright favoritism.

Now, do XP rewards for missions remain constant or do they fluctuate depending on character level? I checked the KDF XP with a LCdr 5 and the Fed XP with a Lt. 6. That's really the only way I can see this being unintentional. But seeing as how the Lt. KDF star cluster mission offers the same XP as the LCdr star cluster mission, I kind of doubt it.

Since the Badges of Exploration aren't really worth the reduced XP, I'd rather have the option to get reduced XP and Badges or just better XP. I wonder how many people would choose Badges?

Z
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-12-2011, 07:25 PM
Congrats! I know how you feel as its been a long haul for my poor Klingon alt to. And I really ,really want the K'tinga D7 ship for Him. Oh the BOP is fun but In such a small ship I feel more then a little like a pirate..... ..Thinks of Baltier ....hmm maybe not so bad.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-12-2011, 07:33 PM
Quote:

*whew*

I know how you feel. I started a female Orion last year but didn't really log into it since I was still leveling my Fed toons. After getting an Engineer and Tactical up to VA, and not wanting to grind for emblems right away, I decided to level up my Orion.

I did loads of exploration missions, empire defense and some featured episodes. I powered through the ranks only using the XP boosters from Captain lvl on. My Orion is now a Lieutenant General and I feel like grinding for emblems now I got the Marauder for free when I got to LG but haven't really tested it out yet. I just love the look of my Negh'var

I am thinking of rolling a male Joined Trill in the KDF but I might wait for more content.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-12-2011, 07:41 PM
Id wait for more content... I thought about making an Andorian pirate on the KDF side, but gridning up trough all those levels again makes my eyes bleed at the thought of it. lol Even though "all those levels" for me has only been 21 so far.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-12-2011, 07:47 PM
I'll wait and see what happens. Don't have as much free time as I used to lol.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-12-2011, 07:47 PM
*smokes my cigarette with a shaking hand, eyes completely wide open without blinking* I once leveled a klingon...

*takes a drag of my cigarette and rubs my five o clock shadow* I've never played so much pvp and and exploration in my time during sto *nervously takes another drag and scratches face*

...and the PvE was very few and just came out of nowhere, hit me and my crew hard... By the time I made it commander I didn't know if I would make it... you start to go numb

*takes another drag* then Feds... They have no remorse... All you do is play PvP, but they call nerf on you when you win... Even when you have victory you lose... you loose your mind man...
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-12-2011, 07:51 PM
i got to max level a while back, it was boring as sin but its not hard, i'd suggest always being in pvp ques, the rewards arnt bad considering the time of a match (i know w8s are long but do other stuff inbetween)

EDIT, and yeh the reason klinks rule in pvp is cos they have to play it, so they get better. so the feds who play only pve cry when they face a klink for real