Lt. Commander
# 11
04-12-2011, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_484
*smokes my cigarette with a shaking hand, eyes completely wide open without blinking* I once leveled a klingon...

*takes a drag of my cigarette and rubs my five o clock shadow* I've never played so much pvp and and exploration in my time during sto *nervously takes another drag and scratches face*

...and the PvE was very few and just came out of nowhere, hit me and my crew hard... By the time I made it commander I didn't know if I would make it... you start to go numb

*takes another drag* then Feds... They have no remorse... All you do is play PvP, but they call nerf on you when you win... Even when you have victory you lose... you loose your mind man...
Hm... who knew Charlie Sheen played STO...
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-12-2011, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling
He is full of tiger blood! Winning
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-12-2011, 08:38 PM
Quote:
If Charlie Sheen played a Klingon in STO, he wouldn't whine about it. He'd call Starfleet Trolls and proclaim how he didn't care that his violent photon torpedoes of truth were being nerfed, because he was still winning.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-12-2011, 08:50 PM
He would pay Cryptic to alter his captains traits so that he would have Winning, One Speed: Go, and Tiger's Blood as his three traits. xD
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-12-2011, 09:15 PM
lol I was trying to come off as a vietnam vet, but charlie sheen works too I suppose
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-12-2011, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_484
lol I was trying to come off as a vietnam vet
klingon captin; - i've seen some things,man, and some stuff. wouldnt recomend it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4n9ZtQjIrM
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-12-2011, 10:15 PM
You folks that say you played a lot of PvP while leveling a klink must have done it very early on. Low level PvP for Klingons is almost non-existent.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-12-2011, 10:46 PM
I'm only playing KDF right now and am a Commander grade 10. It was really long and mundane involving lots of repeats.

I don't PVP much. I tried it at the very beginning but like someone else said it was non-existent. It seemed like the same population of 8 players would wind up facing each other again and again and again and again, and with that particular Federation team of four that I kept facing being better a, it just made for a boring experience to be teamed with the same people and facing the same people over and over and over losing countless times.

So I switched to PvE and when I came back to try PvP again I just think that whereas I had to divide my skill tree between space and ground abilities, the people focusing on PvP would just focus only on one or the other. And that made for some incredibly frustrating experiences since I just can't generate the DPS to really stay competitive (with my tactical captain).

I figure I'm going to try respecing into a more (hopefully) PvP viable build once I reach Captain and give it another try, but leveling up through the Commander rank by doing exploration missions and dailies has just proven very tedious and dull.

And coincidentally I also had my eye on getting the Marauder down the road . I think I've only noticed one in game so far.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-12-2011, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar View Post
Lt. & LCdr KDF PvE Grind Comparison
  • T'Ong Nebula Star Cluster Mission (Lt): 27 Skill Points, 7 BO Skill Points, 11 Honor, 75 1st Order Exploration Badges
  • T'Ong Nebula Star Cluster Mission (LCdr): 27 Skill Points, 13 BO Skill Points, 11 Honor, 75 2nd Order Exploration Badges
  • Pi Canis Sortie Alpha (LCdr): 216 Skill Points, 126 BO Skill Points, 138 Honor.
  • Pi Canis Sortie Bravo (LCdr): 216 Skill Points, 126 BO Skill Points, 138 Honor.
  • Pi Canis - Path of the Warrior (LCdr): 324 Skill Points, 189 BO Skill Points, 207 Honor.

Lieutenant Fed Delta Volantis Star Cluster Mission (for comparison)
  • Delta Volantis Star Cluster Mission (Lt.): 54 Skill Points, 13 BO Skill Points, 21 Merits.

So the Fed Lieutenant-level star cluster mission offers twice the skill points and honor equivalent of the KDF Lieutenant Commander star cluster mission. Yeah, that seems fair. That's as good an indicator of dev sentiment towards the KDF as any I can think of. Lack of content complaints can be (and have been) waived off as 'we didn't have time' and 'we'll get to it'. This is outright favoritism.

Now, do XP rewards for missions remain constant or do they fluctuate depending on character level? I checked the KDF XP with a LCdr 5 and the Fed XP with a Lt. 6. That's really the only way I can see this being unintentional. But seeing as how the Lt. KDF star cluster mission offers the same XP as the LCdr star cluster mission, I kind of doubt it.

Since the Badges of Exploration aren't really worth the reduced XP, I'd rather have the option to get reduced XP and Badges or just better XP. I wonder how many people would choose Badges?

Z
Interesting. Something sounds broken and wrong. I'd bug it.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-12-2011, 11:09 PM
Quote:
I had to repeat several missions several times and do a bunch of the explore missions. Also I used three of those xp boosters. lol
Yeah that is why the KDF is such a grind, because they want the KDF players to buy those XP boost in the C store to lvl up. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Just look at the facts, as one guy posted here.You get way more points doing the same thing in fed clusters.