Lt. Commander
# 21
04-12-2011, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyyy View Post
Yeah that is why the KDF is such a grind, because they want the KDF players to buy those XP boost in the C store to lvl up. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Just look at the facts, as one guy posted here.You get way more points doing the same thing in fed clusters.
Pure speculation with no serious evidence.

The Klingons are a PvP faction - whether it was originally intended that way or not is not really relevant - this is how they now are.

From a designer's standpoint, it would make sense that Klingons would have less rewards for Exploration missions than starfleet - because that is starfleet's bread and butter. What about Sorties? Feds dont get those at all - wish we did, but we dont.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-12-2011, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak

The Klingons are a PvP faction - whether it was originally intended that way or not is not really relevant - this is how they now are.

From a designer's standpoint, it would make sense that Klingons would have less rewards for Exploration missions than starfleet - because that is starfleet's bread and butter. What about Sorties? Feds dont get those at all - wish we did, but we dont.
No sry but the PvP idee is dead a long time agoo. You go make youserlf a KDF caracter and try and lvl with PvP. If you are on 18 hours everyday it's still gonna take you atleast 4-8 month to lvl up a KDF. PvP on every lvl except T5 is dead.Can take many hours everyday to get one match started. Fact.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-13-2011, 03:47 AM
I dearly love my Gorn.

I enjoy how he looks, and really dig the bite attack.

Yet it has taken me a year to finally make it to captain 1, because it IS irritating doing the same missions again and again.

Also.....why does KDF not get the "gather 5 data" exploration missions? Sure, I can see if you are generic Klingon cannon fodder #7482 not being interested in gathering data for weapons, but my Gorn is a frickin' SCIENTIST......building better stuff to blow up stuff better is his passion (not just a studly cuddle-muffin ladies, but brains too. See my sig!).
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-13-2011, 05:52 AM
this game really needs some open pvp or something that comes close to it. I would so love to just fly with my cloaked BOP into federation space and surprise some fed capts. Or make an open PvP sector, where only ppl with a certain lvl can enter, so the new and unexperienced players dont get slaughtered by the veterans.
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-13-2011, 06:14 AM
I made a KFD around the start of the game. All i did was pvp and i made it to cap rank in about a week with a friend. Now that they added Fed vs fed pvp it more or less killed KFD pvp outside of max rank.
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-13-2011, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cross82
Now that they added Fed vs fed pvp it more or less killed KFD pvp outside of max rank.
now thats true, feds would rather kill each other than fight a cloaked enemy (even though lack of variety at LT rank for klinks means any fed team with 3/4 of a brain between them can win more often than not)
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-14-2011, 04:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post
You folks that say you played a lot of PvP while leveling a klink must have done it very early on. Low level PvP for Klingons is almost non-existent.
Aye. Having capped {well the cap then was BG} long before clusters, fleet actions, and stories {what few there are now} was really the only way to lvl then. Technically you could sit in the Kahless Expanse or similar nebulae...but unlike the DSEs on the Fed side there was no instance hopping so you would have to wait 6 mins roughly before it reset. So unless you were insane...you earned mostly from PvP.

However, these days KDF can cap almost as fast as Feds and never even see a PvP match if they desire. So the old argument..."KDF are better PvPers because they have to PvP" no longer holds water {never technically did to the generic PvPer anyways}...and has not since clusters were added. Besides clusters...the addition of FvF PvP has all but killed low lvl PvP for KDF.

Now on top of it we have dailies, weeklies, SP boosters, and the all important mission replay...so I do not want to hear how hard it is...grindy and boring yes...hard, no.

To be fair to Fed players...I know of a few that have lvled off pure PvP {then went back at cap to do the stories [of which I did with one of my Feds]}. I also know a few that do not believe in FvF beyond a few private matches now and again for ***** and giggles {of which I am also one}.

The sad fact though, in general, is that PvP was never exciting in this game...and is as stale as it always was. Contrived maps, clone wars, and general lack of original thought by the vast majority of the 3% of the player base that actually participate in it etc.

But aye CrustyMac low lvl PvP is wanting for sure...mainly as I said...no one has to do it anymore {there are other factors as well}.

By the way Aisling...Gratz on CDR lol.
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-14-2011, 05:06 AM
man you people are crazy if it takes you a year to max a klingon! i made a new klingon about 1 munth back and its at com9 with out any missions of ANY kind only pvp with no xp boost. i even have the 8 hour one. i really dont see why this is so hard for you i dont even work on it but 3 days out of the week baby 4. most of the time i am on my max klingon killing feds with my carrier o and this would be 3 klingons for me. did you know way back in season 1.2 what ever pvp was ALIVE fun fact.
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-14-2011, 05:32 AM
I maxed 2 Klingon characters when PvP at all levels was still readily available, and then was unpleasently surprised when I did a third and found PvP had dried up. Still, it wasn't THAT hard.

Quote:
The sad fact though, in general, is that PvP was never exciting in this game...
Totally false. Maps are irrelevant; PvP in this game offers a good mix of opportunities to build out your ship effectively, plus exercise skillful play - in other words a good mix of preparation strategy and execution tactics.
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-14-2011, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak

Then why do we not have a quicker route to CAP by doing PvP then?
Oh, snap. Thats right , we did once but the feds said it was unfair of us to level so quickly via PvP and such was changed.
We where a PvP faction and in the begining PvP proved to be something the KDF could do well at and move quickly through, we were riegned in a bit to not be OP to those feds whom felt the KDF had too much the advantage.