Lt. Commander
# 11
04-13-2011, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver_Bathory View Post
I believe they are going to be adding functioning interiors soon enough. Starting with a shuttlebay so we dont have to go to ESD et al to change to a shuttle. Crafting stations in your ship have been talked about so stuff to do in your ship will come. Dstahl is committed to making STO more Trek and it looks like he can and will deliver
Yeah, I read that too, I really like the potential immersion factor with the shuttle bays, I can't recall but were actual mailboxes included/ mentioned as well? or is that a wishful dream of mine...lol
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-13-2011, 06:33 AM
An interesting idea that has been asked for since beta, but not a priority or even possible without major changes.
If ever implemented it should also be an option I can turn off.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-13-2011, 06:35 AM
This is far from news. They have been telling us for a long time this isnt something thats technically possible right now and probably wont be for a long time.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-13-2011, 06:37 AM
well it would be possible to do that. IDK if any of you ever played SW Galaxies. Works like charm. You all can go and move around aboard your gunship, man cannons or pilot the ship without any loading screen. zoom into cockpit view or zoom out to the external cam as it is now on STO.

And actually all those function were planned for this game before it was released, that was one of the big marketing/advertised functions. Then the game was released and none of it is there. Really sad.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-13-2011, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by papragu
well it would be possible to do that. IDK if any of you ever played SW Galaxies. Works like charm. You all can go and move around aboard your gunship, man cannons or pilot the ship without any loading screen. zoom into cockpit view or zoom out to the external cam as it is now on STO.

And actually all those function were planned for this game before it was released, that was one of the big marketing/advertised functions. Then the game was released and none of it is there. Really sad.
Well starters read my post in the first page as to why it wouldn't work.

Secondly, Cryptic didn't market the game with that function. Perpetual did and they went splat :p
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-13-2011, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askray View Post
Well starters read my post in the first page as to why it wouldn't work.

Secondly, Cryptic didn't market the game with that function. Perpetual did and they went splat :p
Funny, technical issues - while haveing a valid point - seem always an excuse for bad gamedesign to me. However i guess the core problem is that STO is made by a very small staff with small budget.

ST on the other hand had big budget and high standards to start with.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-13-2011, 07:35 AM
I can understand no-battles from the bridge, etc - but in sector space it would be nice to be able to goto your bridge during travel time, and another nice feature would be the ability to enable or disable OPEN visits to your ship, so if you set your ship privacy to open, friends only, or private for example when you were in sector space or visiting your interior yourself, others could right click on you and beam aboard / dock with your ship, and come on aboard, w/o having to invite anymore, etc... eventually i could see customizing the ship so you could have a dabo table or other minigames aboard, etc. - would be really fun to just go around visiting other people ships..

Just some thoughts

- X -
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-13-2011, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagbard12
I just read following quote in the Outpost Gamez Interview

I have to say, im very disappointed about this. How in the world can you design a spaceship game with a bridge and then *not* let the player use it properly? Especially with Star Trek, where alot is happening there?

I may be in the minority here, but STO is far to 'arcade' for my taste as of now and i hoped it slowly will take a more strategic direction. I started playing at release, made a year pause (because of it) and came back to check what happend so far.

I was very positivly surprised what you did achieved in the last year, but this is a real bummer and probably showstopper for me.

What you guys and gals think?
STO = MMO not a simulation game.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-13-2011, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xforce007 View Post
I can understand no-battles from the bridge, etc - but in sector space it would be nice to be able to goto your bridge during travel time, and another nice feature would be the ability to enable or disable OPEN visits to your ship, so if you set your ship privacy to open, friends only, or private for example when you were in sector space or visiting your interior yourself, others could right click on you and beam aboard / dock with your ship, and come on aboard, w/o having to invite anymore, etc... eventually i could see customizing the ship so you could have a dabo table or other minigames aboard, etc. - would be really fun to just go around visiting other people ships..

Just some thoughts

- X -
This is the sort of thing I would really like to see, and seems much more doable than active ship control from the bridge (which I really don't want to see anyway - in Bridge Commander I was always outside, and for a reason!).
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-13-2011, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagbard12
Funny, technical issues - while haveing a valid point - seem always an excuse for bad gamedesign to me. However i guess the core problem is that STO is made by a very small staff with small budget.

ST on the other hand had big budget and high standards to start with.
Um, no. That's why we had dudes with putty foreheads as aliens. It was the cheapest way to do an alien. And let's not forget all of the extra ships made from spare parts. And almost every Excelsior class ship you saw in TNG was a redress of the ST:III Excelsior model.

A big budget they did not have.