Lt. Commander
# 1 Foundry Publishing Question
04-13-2011, 09:37 AM
Ive now created and published 2 missions - Into the Dragons Lair and Viper in the Nest but when I search for them in game I cannot find them.

I managed to get a friend to track my first one down when I published but he had great difficulty finding it.

Is there something I m doing wrong?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-13-2011, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magellan_Lin View Post
Ive now created and published 2 missions - Into the Dragons Lair and Viper in the Nest but when I search for them in game I cannot find them.

I managed to get a friend to track my first one down when I published but he had great difficulty finding it.

Is there something I m doing wrong?
You won't be able to see them in the public que until they have had at least 5 reviews, I believe it is. You CAN become a reviewer, and then you'll see them. However, I don't believe you can review your own mission.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-13-2011, 09:47 AM
Thanks Davejl_99 that makes sense.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-13-2011, 09:51 AM
ill take a look and play through them and rate them im actually thinking about rating allot of them especially when the daily mission is released for skill points
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-13-2011, 10:00 AM
Tnx - I need some feedback - theres only so much you can see after awhile. You kind of go Foundry blind LOL
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-13-2011, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davejl_99 View Post
You won't be able to see them in the public que until they have had at least 5 reviews, I believe it is. You CAN become a reviewer, and then you'll see them. However, I don't believe you can review your own mission.
Yes, you can not review your own missions, and any plays you don on the account they were created with won't count towards the 5 reviews needed for the mission to appear on the 'Community Authored' tab for non-reviewers.

That said, it's always a good idea (if you're publishing) to become a reviewer, and give your own recently published mission a quick run through to make sure it published correctly; and is working the way you intended it to
Lt. Commander
# 7 A list
04-13-2011, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Tnx - I need some feedback - theres only so much you can see after awhile. You kind of go Foundry blind LOL
Im sure ill have a list for you but it will all be just my opinion let me know if you want it here or in private
Lt. Commander
# 8 Reveiw
04-13-2011, 12:08 PM
got to DS9 no further instructions just a large way point
would be good if in mission grant dialog it said got to DS9 ops level and find me ?
why not straight to admiral on the promenade?
Have I met him before ?
Nice reference to the klingon war
perhaps it should be travel to the kinjun system some people may not thin kinjun V is the same place.
The button to enter the system says understood helm take us in for this I would prefer for this to say Continue: viper in the grass .
I'm being ordered to Cardassia prime but I'm at kinjun ... haven't I passed Cardassia why do I got to kinjun 5 to get to Cardassia it in the Cardassia system isn't it ??,. unless it's a mistake
Perhaps rename the ships in the kinjun 5 system with real names instead of them all being alien cruisers
what co-ordinates am I beaming to also maybe change the button to Beam down .
perhaps have an officer say something like sir the co-ordinates are on the northern hemispheres of the planets largest continent ...
Ground map is good I like the beacons idea perhaps move the effects to the top of them perhaps some patrol groups and more NPC to give more of an atmosphere
When at the building perhaps the pop up button to activate the dialog should just read enter security control
ok inside is ok some more NPCs patrolling the corridors would be nice
also in the main room maybes change the contacts uniform to make him unique so we know who he is.
for the power plant maybe it will be good to say that the plant is to the south of the centre some where maybe in the dialog with the interrogator.
Funny point here but why is Lomax cowering in the power plant
Really good use of props in the power plant room 1 and corridor
In the second room I think it's too empty perhaps more npc even just working at console would be fine
For the transport dialog I remember the scattering field so perhaps I should inform the ship that I know

ok I sorted the problem with the reactor discovered the extra man and now your beaming me back to the centre ... really good saves travel and a map transition but the last part with the Boff I feel is un needed we could just have a beam out button at the bottom of the interrogators' speech.
Ok where the balcony .. oh yeah turbo lift you need to give clear instruction of where to go again at the turbo lift a simple "use turbo lift button would do then followed by the pop up and may the lets go button could be replace by My captain saying "Balcony" as if he is telling the lift.
The reception
ok I like the number of NPCs here but I would like to see the floor improved use foundation blocks where possible to make the floor more concrete also see if you could put some ambient noise in.
the ferengi diplomat has the UGC contact name and button
after talking to the diplomats I enjoyed the remark from my boff
Again a Use turbo lift button
at the conference centre it would be better to spawn inside a lift makes no sense to appears nowhere near one
why am I using a cardassian tricorder?
also why not set the waypoints to a smaller radius near where I need to scan especially the body one
again a bad map transition when going to next map perhaps you could change it from a door to a turbo lift which would help make sense of how I arrived her mentioned earlier
ok the morgue
big empty room not good more props maybe

dialog with the docs
Dr kamek
Q1 How did he die ? the answer I am give is his time of death
Q2 what was the cause of death? very confusing text here
Q3 why is DR sural here?

Ok for Q2 answer I suggest something like

"the cause of death is simple, Massive trauma to his whole body Virtually ever bone in his body is broken"
(button) Did he fall from the balcony?

" a fall is not consistent with this amount of trauma, it is more likely he was Squeezed to death."
"Much like the Lowland Boa constricts A Lakatan Hog"

can arrange what ? Use a boff dialog to make a suggestion to Brask
the pop up from my boff is confusing I'm a tac I don't know how to reconfigure a tricorder I would remove the first line .
How is the conference hall Here I though I scanned it earlier
an objective to defeat the beam ins would be good

END OF MISSION

OK I really enjoyed the story aspect of your mission the plot was good and would make sense in a series .
the locations were ok but could do with a bit more art work and props in them and more atmosphere.
you need to use the mission objective text (the green one) whenever you are telling people where to go

you also need to check the text in buttons allot of the make no sense and your way points could be smaller on a couple I had to do a few circles before I got any pop ups
over all a decent plot for a mission and I would love to play a remastered version of it.

the point I have put here are my opinions only and are no way intended to upset or insult
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-14-2011, 03:13 AM
No thanks Scottwears, thats exactly the kind of feedback that is needed.

I m still learning the tools etc but after awhile you tend to miss what is needed. I of course know where to go etc etc LOL

Its certainly given me plenty review and edit.

Thanks again.
Lt. Commander
# 10 No problem
04-14-2011, 05:16 AM
Quote:
No thanks Scottwears, thats exactly the kind of feedback that is needed.

I m still learning the tools etc but after awhile you tend to miss what is needed. I of course know where to go etc etc LOL

Its certainly given me plenty review and edit.

Thanks again.
Hey no problem I would realy like to try the mission again once youve made a few changes, good story line to it and to me just the right amount of combat for this type of story.
im going to have a play through your other mission soon but I did this one first because it had'nt gotten a raiting yet