Lt. Commander
# 1 STF Cool down is too long.
04-13-2011, 10:42 AM
22 hours seems too long especially since these are not consider daily. Could we get the cool down timer cut in half?
Edit to correct the cool down time.

Edit:

We are always taking STF newbies on most runs. Most just want the Borg Set. While we are happy to help there are times we would preferred to just run with an experiences team to do speeds runs, which are more fun then training runs. By reducing the CD we would be able to do both more often.

STF Facts:
  • Only becomes available at RA5 (VA version at VA) so is consider endgame content; they are not design for leveling.
  • The Borg Set is Bind on Pick so they can't be sold or traded. Currently they can't even be trash for credits
Marks of Valor:
  • Only get 1-3 Marks of Valor depending on mission.
  • Valor weapons are design for fighting Borg. They have less DPS then same MK X Purple regular weapons so they are not very good for PvP or PvE.
  • The Kits and Armor you get for Valor are the same ones you get for Marks of Honor or Exploration but are more expenses. The Kits cost about 24 Marks of Honor or Exploration will cost 70 Marks of Valor.

So there is no advantage players doing STF get over other players. No one is getting rich or OP off of STF.

STF are the hardest missions in the game and give the worst rewards.

Training runs on Infected could take as long as 2 hours. For the Cure and KA about 2.5-3 hours

Training runs that could end up taking 3-5 hours because someone can't follow instruction. The servers start kicking you off or you get a bad bug instance.

We need a break from training runs every now and then. Doing speed run help us feel good about STF.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-13-2011, 11:25 AM
So you really want to make the Cure twice a day? Regulary?

Sounds like masochism to me.....
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-13-2011, 12:12 PM
The Cure is fun. I can do it under 1h:30m.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-13-2011, 01:19 PM
I think the cooldown is utterly to long 20 hours is way to long.

6 hours would be better.

takes 45min to an hour doing some of them and the cooldown kills u
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-13-2011, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight
20 hours seems too long especially since these are not consider daily. Could we get the cool down timer cut in half?
Actually, they [b]are[/i] considered dailies. Hence the timer

But I believe the STFs are on a true 24 hr timer, instead of the standard 20 hr timer on other dailies in the game.

I wouldn't mind a reduction to the standard 20hrs.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-13-2011, 03:16 PM
What makes the cooldown long is for example I could pick up the VA cure and get to the ground only to find we never complete it. I'm then stuck on va cure ground unable to restart it or pick up the ra cure without dropping the va cure. It could get to the point where you have to drop va so that's on cooldown then you drop ra putting that on cooldown so you can't do either.

Perhaps only let the cooldown begin if you complete the STF. If you drop it you should be able to pick it up again.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-13-2011, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefrayl View Post
Actually, they [b]are[/i] considered dailies. Hence the timer

But I believe the STFs are on a true 24 hr timer, instead of the standard 20 hr timer on other dailies in the game.

I wouldn't mind a reduction to the standard 20hrs.
No it a 20 hour timer. Finish any STF in under 3 hours the timer will count down from 20hr. If the run goes over 3 hours the timer will start the count down while you are still in the mission. If you leave the mission and come back a day later then drop it the mission should a be available.

I done Infected as fast as 43 minutes to as long a 5 hours. That was the hell run. Lags and bugs.

I led a lot of these runs. I usually do 2-3 a day. Last week we decided to do all 4 STF in one day. The last one we did was Infected with 3 newbies. My head still hurts from that.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-13-2011, 05:26 PM
I think the cool down period should be 6 hours with the timer starting from when you accept the mission. The issue where players are on VA, but have to dropp it to join a RA version is total BS. Another options could be that if you are on a team, and that team is on another version, or earlier part of the mission, the game gives you the option to join them at that level or point. The player would only get the lesser of the two rewards, but it would allow them to not get burned by dropping the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-13-2011, 07:24 PM
All STF missions have a 22 hours cooldown. The timer starts when you picked up the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-14-2011, 12:05 AM
I agree the cooldown should be shortened. Many people that do stf's like to stick to only a coupe of them. Or at least avoid KA like the plague. And being able to do more than one run a day would be much apriciated.

And the cooldowns and mission pickups should be seperate for the 2 versions. I hate having a group evaporate in the middle of a run and the only groups running it are doing the other version on a fresh run. I would like to be able to keep my partial run on va to finnish later and still be able to do a fresh run at ra if thats all thats available.