Lt. Commander
Cryptic,

I think your work with STO has been great, and your work to make things better by listening to the community is commendable. I would like to request that you fix the animation for when your character is on the ship and you change to a space view. Instead of the transporter effect, if you could show an animation of them leaving the room and the door sliding shut if not on the bridge. If you are on the bridge a view of your character in the captain's chair and a pan around to the view screen. This would be great and would fix a real immersion problem for me.

Thank you
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-13-2011, 09:29 PM
i agree, but i think the classic cut in TOS where the camera pans above the ship looking down and then moves through the ceiling of the bridge and then to the captain sitting in the chair would be the best implementation

example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWsvxfPRyOc#t=00m50s
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-14-2011, 01:24 AM
No No this is STO, the game were a miranda can solo a Borg cube. Sry but immersion is ----> way.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-14-2011, 03:24 AM
this has bugged me since the start, it doesn't even surprise me anymore that it still hasn't been fixed, it's just so sloppy and pitiful, I feel bad for the devs when there are glaring problems like this that just don't get fixed
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-14-2011, 05:40 AM
just noticed this yesterday. Very stupid and sloppy work Cryptic. How long would it take to fix this too? 5 minutes?
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-14-2011, 01:14 PM
I agree...beaming to empty space is just un-Star Trek Onliny
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-14-2011, 01:41 PM
i personally think its the most hilarious thing in the game LOL
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-14-2011, 01:53 PM
*taps communicator*
"Chief, I've finished recieving our new orders please beam me back to the command chair on the bridge"
*transporter effects*
*taps communicator*
"Chief, would you kindly beam the first officer out of the command chair before beaming me in next time"

Yeah I think there's some starfleet regulation that says you cannot use the transporter system just to avoid walking from point A to point B. The way it is now, it leavs the impression of a lazy captain.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-14-2011, 01:58 PM
Perhaps Cryptic will fix this about the time they get around to giving us control over crewman's uniforms, fix the cavernous interiors, remaster all the bridges, and find where the leperchauns hid that pot of gold, where Jack unfortunately laid his car keys.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-14-2011, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdSin15 View Post
just noticed this yesterday. Very stupid and sloppy work Cryptic. How long would it take to fix this too? 5 minutes?
Umm... nooo?

The ground <--> Space transition has always been beam out. Regardless of what area you're in, it's still a ground map so it decides "hey guess it's gotta beam out". This includes ship interiors.

Just from a guessing point of view it's not as simple as a 5 minute fix. More of a complete overhaul of when to use transporter effects, as in when they'd make sense and when they wouldn't.