Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Several times in the last 2 days my UI has bugged out on me in the following way.

Space no longer makes me jump, it dives forward instead.
The numbers 1-0 no longer trigger abilities, i have to click them on my action bar.

The first time it happened was during a ground mission and a team mate finished the mission alone. I couldnt finish the misson because I wasnt able to jump up over a step in the terrain, I could only dive forward.. After completing the ground part, i was still bugged in space. Number keys woudnt work. the Alt-# and Ctrl-# keys worked just fine.

I transwarped to earth spacedock and it was still bugged. I beamed to my bridge and same thing. I made sure and resest all keybinds and other options to the fefault.

The only way I could get it fixed was by exiting the game.

I searched the forum and found at least 2 other mentions of the same thing happening but not in its own thread, nor anything helpful in response.

Any ideas? Maybe a hotkey i cant find that I am hitting by accident that would cause that.

Btw I have nothing else running in the background nor am i alt-tabbing when this occurs.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-14-2011, 08:40 AM
I ran into this problem just this week. It was caused by a science officer that was bugged.
I tried to reset all my keybinds to default, but that didn't clear it either.
I actually reloaded the client from my original CD, then updated it with a patch. When I started back up again, problem solved.
You can see my post a little further down.

Cleto
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-14-2011, 08:58 AM
to clarify, exiting the game and logging back in fixes the problem.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-14-2011, 11:25 PM
Do you mean the normal number keys at the top of the keyboard, or on a numberpad?

I ask because when I first started playing the game it took me forever to figure out how to get the numberpad working properly. Normally I have Num Lock on, a habit I've had to break myself of to play the game. If I have Num Lock on when I start, or accidentally hit it at any point when playing the game the numpad (all the keys aside from enter, not just the numbers) stop working. If those are the keys you mean, then going into options and re-setting all the keybinds is the only solution.

If you mean the normal number keys, I have no idea.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-15-2011, 03:24 AM
Tap both of your Shift keys... 99% of the time, this will clear this problem (it has something to do with the UI 'holding onto' Shift inputs, shortly before or at the moment of Map transitions).

-Big Red

This is why tapping spacebar makes you roll forward, since the normal input of Shift + Spacebar will accomplish the same thing... This is also why none of your number keys 'appear' to work, since it is attempting to activate the Shift + 0-9 commands, which do not correspond to any of your skillbars.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-25-2011, 12:24 PM
I think the problem had something to do with the Steam Community overlay. The next time it happened, i opened the overlay with Shift-Tab and it freed everything up like normal, fortunately i have not had the problem since.