Lt. Commander
# 31
04-14-2011, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyyy View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~WishStone
Maybe if you put #NotIntendedToBeAFactualStatement at the end of your "truth" posts (or this post where you discuss moderation) you won't get infractions? Just a thought. Works for Senators, apparently.
Lt. Commander
# 32
04-14-2011, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
If you get an infraction on a certain post, it will show up in the thread. What won't show up is other people's infraction. So even though you see you got an infraction, other users cannot see that. The only true way for people to know you got an infraction is when your title changes over to "Banned."
You don't know if any infractions are given. You just know a text was edited. That could also lead to a warning.
Lt. Commander
# 33
04-14-2011, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
Not always. Some posts are edited because they are in response to the original post and the devs edit them to just hide the conversation in total. When they can't do that effectively, they completely remove the thread. I've had stuff edited before that never resulted in infractions, but that was only because I was responding to something that was deemed against the rules, not that my posts themselves were against the rules.
What I was talking about was the this post has been edited for violation of the forum rules and policies, or however it goes. If the post was edited this way they probably got a infraction, but there is no way I could know. It is just a hunch.

I have seen some post edited that weren't rude or addressed at anyone. They were just critical of the game and were true. I think they were called flaming and edited, even though they weren't flaming.

I have seen some by posters who were huge supporters of the game. That were left alone and were complete violations of the rules. In threads where there was moderation done to others responding to the poster.
Lt. Commander
# 34
04-14-2011, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Englebert
What I was talking about was the this post has been edited for violation of the forum rules and policies, or however it goes. If the post was edited this way they probably got a infraction, but there is no way I could know. It is just a hunch.

I have seen some post edited that weren't rude or addressed at anyone. They were just critical of the game and were true. I think they were called flaming and edited, even though they weren't flaming.

I have seen some by posters who were huge supporters of the game. That were left alone and were complete violations of the rules. In threads where there was moderation done to others responding to the poster.
If you were part of the converstaion, sure, you probably have a hunch. But if you happen roll in just afterwards, you have no idea what went on. Were they all infraction worthy or just the OP?

But, as Stormy and Wishy say, if you feel a post is infraction worthy, report it.
Lt. Commander
# 35
04-14-2011, 09:34 AM
I do feel like the forums are a bit OVER-policed. In situations where a simply redact would suffice, an infraction is given too quickly.

People need to relax..
Lt. Commander
# 36
04-14-2011, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadeComplete
Would have helped me a month ago.
Same here,
Lt. Commander
# 37
04-14-2011, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadguy
Same here,
T5 Connie ftw. <3
Lt. Commander
# 38
04-14-2011, 10:00 AM
I expect my infractions to get me banned from the forums at around the time SWTOR launches.

Winning!
Lt. Commander
# 39
04-14-2011, 10:23 AM
But in this thread, we won't do any 'winning' anymore.

If anyone has questions or concerns about an infraction, they may always submit a community ticket.
Closed Thread