Lt. Commander
# 11
04-15-2011, 01:30 PM
I'll jump in and review the Trimble Conspiracy later tonight. Thanks in advance for the feedback on my mission.

P.S. Also got my first 1 star review! Yay. Wondering if anyone thinks this dude's feedback is legit?

-Edit- As another side note, I'm thinking about adding more to the "airlock" dialogue to give the player a route out from executing the Admiral's orders without derailing the mission plot or events.
Lt. Commander
# 12 Hold The Line - 4 Stars
04-15-2011, 02:11 PM
I have just finished...

Hold The Line

I think the main reason why I enjoyed your mission is because it was original. I like that you inroduced Romulans, Remans, and Undine that to made sense. Here are some bad points then the good points

Bad -
1. There is a good amount of grammer errors throughout. For exmaple, the grant mission box, (i think it was), there is no spce bewteen the words Vice Admiral - shall we ... In another area ( I forget now) you spelled personal and I believe it was meant to say personnel. (Just so anyone knows, I don't take anything off for grammer or anything because I'm not and English professor.) But there was anough throughout that sort of took away from the info that I wanted from the dialogue.
2. Another thing was my BO's calling my Captain/Vice Admiral by his first name. On my ship we observe proper military customs and procedures lol.

Other than that I didn't take issue with anything else

The Good -
1. Cool dialogue. I like the witty banter.
2. The space fights were great to me because I actually dies twice. he first encounter and the last. The second encounter I separated my ship anticipating being outnumbered. Both sections were destroyed then finally I was.
3. The classic engineer line was cool.
4. I was afraid that when I beamed to my bridge to take on the Undine in my ready room that it would not work because my bridge looks totally different... but it worked for me because I decided to say it was a diffrent bridge in one of the other vector assault sections.

I gave it 4 stars. I strugled between 3 and 4 because there isn't a 3.5. But 4 Stars is accurate in my mind because I asked myself could I go back and play this mission again and I said yes. Good job.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-15-2011, 02:32 PM
Thanks Chrislove

The feedback is appreciated. I am glad you enjoyed it.
I toyed for and against using your 1st name, but in TOS/TNG there are moments when Bones and Crusher hurl abuse at Jim and Jean Luc, so I thought it more fitting when they lose their temper.

I was also worried about the 'your bridge' bit as there is no option to use your personal bridge yet.

Glad you enjoyed being defeated, I almost removed the last Undine, but decided to leave the challenge, the fleet battle also varies in difficulty depending on difficulty slider.

As for the grammer, I think i have gone space blind.

When you read through the text 100 times you miss stuff, I will spell check it later.

Word here I come.

Flashman
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-16-2011, 03:14 AM
Analysis: The Trimble Conspiracy

Overview: I really liked the story here, even if it ends a bit suddenly. There were a few nagging technical issues, like having to use an item twice in order to activate it. Details below. Gave it 3 stars.

Details:
Immediately confused by opening dialogue. Where was I supposed to go, DS9 or Kinjer system? I wouldn't have minded just going to DS9 in the sector block. Figured it out easily enough though.
A lot of times I would activate an object and then have to do it again to advance the plot. (DS9, turbolift, talking to the guy before the admiral, going to full impulse then have to warp out, beaming to the IKS Drang). Maybe you're having me interact with an object and then doing something else to actually make the objectives advance? It's a bit confusing. Just one action should be sufficientl.
Would have liked to have touched a turbolift to get to the admiral's office instead of going directly there.
The full impulse animation doesnt look like it works in this instance. I went to full impulse, played the animation, then had to click again to go to warp.
I really liked the klingon battle above the station, but maybe space them out a little more from the station so they dont get caught in it the rocks.
Well written dialogue, believable technobabble. Liked the interaction with the admiral and suspicious commander guy at the beginning of the mission.
Ends suddenly, part 2? Maybe allude to it more in the dialogue.

Let me know if you've got any questions about it. I think this mission is really promising, with a few tweaks it could be awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-16-2011, 06:57 AM
Thanks for the the feedback. About the having to click something twice to advance... I havn't figured out how to chnage that. Maybe there is text somewhere that can be changed so you aren't clikcing the same button twice.

This creating missions is harder than it looks or what I thought at first.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-16-2011, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislove View Post
Thanks for the the feedback. About the having to click something twice to advance... I havn't figured out how to chnage that. Maybe there is text somewhere that can be changed so you aren't clikcing the same button twice.
What is your objective in the mission when you have to talk to the people to advance the plot? It seems like you talk to them first, then another objective pops up to interact with them again or something. I'm not too sure. Check out your mission line on the story tab to see what exactly's going on.

Like I said with some changes this could be pretty good. I can always run through it again to see about any changes you've made.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-17-2011, 10:52 PM
All, just a reminder that if you'd like to exchange reviews I'm definitely willing to do so. Also, if you've already shared and want to run the mission by one of us again, I'm willing to do that too!
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-18-2011, 01:36 PM
Ok have a try at my first mission - 'Prototype'.

Would appreciate an honest review!

Many thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-18-2011, 05:44 PM
I will look at prototype in the morning .. im a uk person.

When im done would be grateful if you could do Hold the line for me.

Thanks

Flashman
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-18-2011, 09:38 PM
Mission: "Prototype"
In-game rating: 5 stars

Summary: I actually really liked this mission. It was very well put together. Walking around the borg ship felt exactly like a TNG episode. A few minor glitches and things that could be improved, but they didnt impact the overall score.

Specifics:
You probably dont need to have the anomaly appear when I get close, just have it there the whole time. I'll probably wonder what it is anyway.
"Borgy cube" typo in the first map on the NPC ship.
Onboard the borg ship, great trigger for debris falling near me. Surprised me actually!
Like I said, great feel for the interior of the borg ship, feels like TNG
Another "they beamed off at the last minute!" maybe make it seem like it happened while we were on board?
Slightly abrupt ending. Maybe a bit more dialogue or something to happen on the last map?