Lt. Commander
# 21
04-19-2011, 07:49 AM
Mission Prototype
4 stars.

What I liked

First off, I enjoyed going to Andoria. As an Andorian Captain this was a great experience.

Loved how you paragraphed text. It makes for easier reading in story driven missions.

The anti-grav drone was an awesome effect, along with several others.

Liked how the battle on Andoria had Starfleet personnel. Though perhaps you could have skinned them as Andorians, or an Andorian defense force.

Variety of areas, with not too many transitions.

Simple but interesting story, that made the journey worthwhile.

Effort put into land based environments.

Areas to make things cooler- and stuff that I am only just learning about.

Perhaps have some traffic in Andorian Space. Maybe have some freighter’s doing their rounds etc. I felt quite alone among a leading federation member.

Borgy Cube typo

I had to fly inside the Borg Cube to scan it… was a bit odd. Not sure if this is to do with the NPC that you re-skinned, or a bug.

Give me an Easter egg option. Maybe a dialogue boxes linked to components on the cube, so I can do extra scanning for some dialogue/banter. Not compulsory, but cool none the less.

Perhaps have enemy drones wander slightly if you can, as they look a bit static. Or maybe have them beam in when I hit a waypoint.

Be careful about use of elite tactical drones. They have a no damage bug that caused me to wipe. Also killing 4 groups of drones was not trek fun, this was definitely the weakest part of the mission and I almost gave up because of the following.

MAJOR BUG- During Borg attack, your re-spawn point was behind lots of rubble after site to site transport, so when I wiped, I had to leave the mission and reload it.

For the beam to Andoria objective, your waypoint on the map says “defend the ship.”

The final text could have been expanded; maybe some bridge officer banter could appear here.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-19-2011, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueEnterprise View Post
Mission: "Prototype"
In-game rating: 5 stars

Summary: I actually really liked this mission. It was very well put together. Walking around the borg ship felt exactly like a TNG episode. A few minor glitches and things that could be improved, but they didnt impact the overall score.

Specifics:
You probably dont need to have the anomaly appear when I get close, just have it there the whole time. I'll probably wonder what it is anyway.
"Borgy cube" typo in the first map on the NPC ship.
Onboard the borg ship, great trigger for debris falling near me. Surprised me actually!
Like I said, great feel for the interior of the borg ship, feels like TNG
Another "they beamed off at the last minute!" maybe make it seem like it happened while we were on board?
Slightly abrupt ending. Maybe a bit more dialogue or something to happen on the last map?
Excellent, many thanks for the review and feedback!
(This started off as a test map looking at the updated tools to recreate a tribble mission i created - 'Borgy Cube' was a leftover temp name lol! Now corrected!)
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-19-2011, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashmanandy View Post
Mission Prototype
4 stars.

What I liked

First off, I enjoyed going to Andoria. As an Andorian Captain this was a great experience.

Loved how you paragraphed text. It makes for easier reading in story driven missions.

The anti-grav drone was an awesome effect, along with several others.

Liked how the battle on Andoria had Starfleet personnel. Though perhaps you could have skinned them as Andorians, or an Andorian defense force.

Variety of areas, with not too many transitions.

Simple but interesting story, that made the journey worthwhile.

Effort put into land based environments.

Areas to make things cooler- and stuff that I am only just learning about.

Perhaps have some traffic in Andorian Space. Maybe have some freighter’s doing their rounds etc. I felt quite alone among a leading federation member.

Borgy Cube typo

I had to fly inside the Borg Cube to scan it… was a bit odd. Not sure if this is to do with the NPC that you re-skinned, or a bug.

Give me an Easter egg option. Maybe a dialogue boxes linked to components on the cube, so I can do extra scanning for some dialogue/banter. Not compulsory, but cool none the less.

Perhaps have enemy drones wander slightly if you can, as they look a bit static. Or maybe have them beam in when I hit a waypoint.

Be careful about use of elite tactical drones. They have a no damage bug that caused me to wipe. Also killing 4 groups of drones was not trek fun, this was definitely the weakest part of the mission and I almost gave up because of the following.

MAJOR BUG- During Borg attack, your re-spawn point was behind lots of rubble after site to site transport, so when I wiped, I had to leave the mission and reload it.

For the beam to Andoria objective, your waypoint on the map says “defend the ship.”

The final text could have been expanded; maybe some bridge officer banter could appear here.
Excellent! Thank you for your review and feedback!
Plenty of improvement / bugs for me to consider

I have corrected the 'Borgy Cube' typo now and respawn point in final Borg map. The initial scan interact for the cube is meant to trigger in front of it and have not had this happen to me in testing, but worth me looking at it again to see if i can correct this - the fact you can move into/inside of the Cube seems to be an animation issue, i have selected an idle animation which means it is no longer solid... may change this for now.

There are now also some additional ships added to the initial map to give it more life...a nice idea!

Will have to also consider additional dialog for the final section see if i can make it less abrupt.

Many thanks!

One item is odd though:

Quote:
In the Foundry this has specific objective text that should trigger after destroying the Cube..but doesn't seem to always trigger correctly sometimes (i also noticed this tonight when making minor changes to the mission). Might have to bug report that.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-20-2011, 10:43 PM
Hey guys, just letting you know, still willing to do review exchanges here... or if you want to workshop your mission and have us replay it, just let us know.
Lt. Commander
# 25 Missions for review
04-20-2011, 11:12 PM
Mission: Siege of YR318
Mission ID STHJSH6CJP
Faction: Federation

Description: Starfleet Intelligence has requested our help with a situation developing in Klingon Space.
Our covert monitering station in the Otha System has been discovered, and is under seige. Break the blockade and evacuate personnel.

http://starbaseugc.com/wiki/index.php/Siege_of_YR318

My second mission is live and ready for reviews as well.
Mission: Raid on Qa'vak Two
Mission ID ST HPVWY7ZH
Faction: Federation

Description: Starfleet has been able to pinpoint the sector command station for the entire Eta Eridani Block. Your task force will engage and destroy this high value target.
Lead an infiltration mission that will open a Klingon world to Invasion.

Feedback is welcome. I will try to play yours tomorrow.

Cheers
issoldier
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-21-2011, 12:43 AM
Siege of YR318
In-game rating: 4 stars

Overall: I liked this one. it is very reminiscent of Siege of AR-338 or whatever that DS9 ep is called. There are a few misspellings and grammatical typos around (mostly lack of commas), some unlabeled characters, and running around on the cave area felt excessive, but otherwise this is a very well put together mission.

Specific feedback:
Where is Starfleet Liason? The only reason why I knew is because I've come across her in the Foundry editor. Maybe clarify this in the objectives list?
Really necessary to bring them to ESD when travel is required later? I had actually just left ESD when I picked up the mission, it was annoying to have to come back.
Minor typos throughout, need commas
Entering system could use something like "Begin mission". "Take us in", not sure if that's for the mission or not, it's too hard to tell.
Red two, red seven and red four showed up for the fighters. Was there something funny going on with the actors' names? Also, the fighters aren't mentioned later in the episode. I lost all but 1 in the initial assault anyway, but still.
When the klingon ships first come in, it doesn't appear like a blockade, they showed up alongside me. Maybe have them appear in front of the base?
"Go to next map" should get named, for beaming down to the station
inside feels a little spread out - lots of running around throughout, for sometimes minor stuff.
nice dialogue and animations on everyone inside the base, I liked the characterssitting around the fire
Love the zoning text, "begin wiring charges", makes things more believable
There is a lot of "run to the center of the room to trigger combat". I would suggest moving the triggering areas to the room entrances, that way the enemies beam in at that time and I don't have to worry about getting shot in the back when they do.
UGC contacts on the bridge
Lt. Commander
# 27 Thanks for the Feedback.
04-21-2011, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the Feedback, I have made some of the changes that you have suggested, all NPC should have a name now, and the space blockade should block the planet now.

I apologize, somehow I missed doing a play through on your mission "Two Cloaks, One Dagger", I will log on and give it a try.
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-22-2011, 02:17 AM
Quote:
Hey guys, just letting you know, still willing to do review exchanges here... or if you want to workshop your mission and have us replay it, just let us know.
If you get a chance to replay my mission again that would be cool, i have removed one of the elites on the Cube, added more wander and fixed my respawn issue. Also added some additional dialog at the end.

Curious to know if these are worthwhile changes or if anything else would increase my star rating.

Many thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-25-2011, 01:01 PM
Hey Pent, sorry this sort of fell off my radar for a couple days. I'll jump back on and check out your updated mish when I get a chance tonight.
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-29-2011, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Hey Pent, sorry this sort of fell off my radar for a couple days. I'll jump back on and check out your updated mish when I get a chance tonight.
No worries, appreciate you having another look.