Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
I just got a new Tetryon weapon and wanted to test it out so, not having any kind of shooting range on my ship [like that game where Janeway and Seven of Nine used phasers to shoot those discs in that one episode of "Voyager"], I went to Starbase 24's Fleet Action.

Everything was going fine, I cleared a few hallways of Klingons and then I died.

I respawn to find that the Klingons I killed earlier...came back!

I played through it again, then died...then respawned and again they were back!

I'm all for trying to make it challenging, but I don't think it's a good idea to respawn dead enemies after they've already been killed.

Yeah, I know, one could make the argument, "Then, by that logic, we shouldn't get to respawn, either." All I can say to that is, since I'm the one who's actually playing the game [and since the Klingons are not controlled by anyone human], it's fair for me and my crew to respawn after we've been killed.

Like I said, I love this game, but that's just the one thing that bugs me. And, after about my third or fourth time going through it, I knew I had to say something.
Lt. Commander
# 2 hehe
04-14-2011, 02:10 PM
yeah, that happens dont die next time....and run past them if you do die, sometimes it works other times it makes for a big.....party....
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-14-2011, 02:51 PM
Yep, that's a pain. It used to be that the Klingons wouldn't respawn in the ground action, so it was basically like any other mission (maybe a little more difficult due to the large wandering patrols). You really have to keep moving and find "safe spots" to fight in - like the unoccupied corners of rooms and such.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-14-2011, 04:44 PM
Get better officers. Train them to do nifty tricks like build quantum mortars and phaser turrets. Equip double regen shields and high end polyalloy weave armor, if you can. Better yet, play as an engineer and get a Bunker Fab kit so you can toss down a force field dome and keep sluggers away from your personage for a while.

Get a good strategy going and stick to it. I tend to employ the ol' "send in the troops" "set up a perimeter" and then "run into the center and set up a force field dome" approach, then maul the enemy forces as best I can before the dome goes down. Usually works pretty well. Only time it doesn't is if I get mobbed by several squads or knocked back out of the dome and thwacked. But with double regen shields, even th usually doesn't phase me much. Ohh, and Thalaron mines. Yeah, those things are so overpowered it's not even funny. You pretty much have to make everyone drop everything they're doing to kill it before it mauls the entire squad, you included (granted that's only against rommies, generally).

But, yeah, having a good squad is a good idea. Knowing how to employ them is also a good idea. Has saved me on more occasions than I can count. Sometimes if you get incapacitated (not killed!), you can wait for your guys to finish mauling the attackers and then let them heal you. That way you're not respawning and making enemies respawn too... Granted, sometimes the enemies maul your whole squad... Not much to do at that point other than better equip and train your squad.

But, yeah, before I knew what I was doing, I used to get mauled by SB24 too... Stick with it. You'll get better. If nothing else, team up with a good engineer and let them run point for you. I always run point for my friend(s) (on most missions, not just SB24).

But, yeah, if you're not ready for it, SB24 is a giant pain. Same with Big Dig. Though I haven't played that one in a long time, so I don't know if it's still a giant pain like it was the last time I played... I'm pretty sure Breaking the Planet will ALWAYS be a giant pain in the ass... Especially sine you don't get to bring your BOs with you. =o[ I WISH it would let you play Breaking the Planet solo with your own officers. That could be pretty cool! Then you wouldn't have to deal with players charging off on their own leaving you high and dry...