Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 101
05-09-2011, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philoso_Raptor
I think the only question at this point is how many times you are going to repeat yourself now that you have already shared your experience.
Because there are more people out there that feel the same way he does,but are less inclined to share their experiences out of fear?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 102
05-09-2011, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARKFORCE View Post
Because there are more people out there that feel the same way he does,but are less inclined to share their experiences out of fear of retribution?
Good point. (50% off ship sale anyone?)

To be honest, my greatest hope is that Cryptic can take this and use it to change the game for the better.

On a side note, every time I see a post of yours, all I think is "Shark Week!!!!"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 103
05-09-2011, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARKFORCE View Post
Because there are more people out there that feel the same way he does,but are less inclined to share their experiences out of fear?
You do not seem to understand the question.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 104
05-15-2011, 05:27 PM
This thread was created a month ago and the TOS bundle still includes the 'Limited Time' uniforms. Are they a permanent addition or does limited mean something different to the person who wrote the description?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 105
05-15-2011, 07:00 PM
limited can mean 2 minutes or a year. It all depends on when they decide to remove it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 106
05-15-2011, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askray View Post
limited can mean 2 minutes or a year. It all depends on when they decide to remove it.
And to add to this, limited really only means it will be removed eventually. There is no implication how long it will be, only that it will happen.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 107
05-19-2011, 02:28 PM
It just seems dishonest to state limited time and then still have it there but at a lower price during the subsequent sale. So those who believed limited meant short time lose out. Like you say limited could mean they'll stay until the game closes down and still fulfil the letter of the law. Had they said it was limited to a long time people could have waited because it was always going to go on sale. But when it did it was implied the extras would no longer exist.

Ultimately it's only a few bucks but it's made me question when Cryptic says anything and not consider them a trustworthy company. Like they're saying STO is business as usual despite Atari offloading Cryptic. I'm not taking what's said at face value that's for sure.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 108
05-19-2011, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiadan
It just seems dishonest to state limited time and then still have it there but at a lower price during the subsequent sale. So those who believed limited meant short time lose out. Like you say limited could mean they'll stay until the game closes down and still fulfil the letter of the law. Had they said it was limited to a long time people could have waited because it was always going to go on sale. But when it did it was implied the extras would no longer exist.

Ultimately it's only a few bucks but it's made me question when Cryptic says anything and not consider them a trustworthy company. Like they're saying STO is business as usual despite Atari offloading Cryptic. I'm not taking what's said at face value that's for sure.
Uh.. almost EVERY company in the world does these types of things. "Limited Time" has been used as a marketing tool since man invented the wheel i'm sure (okay maybe not but you get the idea :p). So blaming cryptic/atari for using tried and true methods of marketing is like blaming the cat for the dog chasing it. It just doesn't make sense :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 109
05-20-2011, 02:55 PM
I stand by my posts in this thread, in word and money.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 110
05-20-2011, 03:18 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~GM Tiyshen
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:04 AM.