Lt. Commander
# 101
05-09-2011, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philoso_Raptor
I think the only question at this point is how many times you are going to repeat yourself now that you have already shared your experience.
Because there are more people out there that feel the same way he does,but are less inclined to share their experiences out of fear?
Lt. Commander
# 102
05-09-2011, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARKFORCE View Post
Because there are more people out there that feel the same way he does,but are less inclined to share their experiences out of fear of retribution?
Good point. (50% off ship sale anyone?)

To be honest, my greatest hope is that Cryptic can take this and use it to change the game for the better.

On a side note, every time I see a post of yours, all I think is "Shark Week!!!!"
Lt. Commander
# 103
05-09-2011, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARKFORCE View Post
Because there are more people out there that feel the same way he does,but are less inclined to share their experiences out of fear?
You do not seem to understand the question.
Lt. Commander
# 104
05-15-2011, 05:27 PM
This thread was created a month ago and the TOS bundle still includes the 'Limited Time' uniforms. Are they a permanent addition or does limited mean something different to the person who wrote the description?
Lt. Commander
# 105
05-15-2011, 07:00 PM
limited can mean 2 minutes or a year. It all depends on when they decide to remove it.
Lt. Commander
# 106
05-15-2011, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askray View Post
limited can mean 2 minutes or a year. It all depends on when they decide to remove it.
And to add to this, limited really only means it will be removed eventually. There is no implication how long it will be, only that it will happen.
Lt. Commander
# 107
05-19-2011, 02:28 PM
It just seems dishonest to state limited time and then still have it there but at a lower price during the subsequent sale. So those who believed limited meant short time lose out. Like you say limited could mean they'll stay until the game closes down and still fulfil the letter of the law. Had they said it was limited to a long time people could have waited because it was always going to go on sale. But when it did it was implied the extras would no longer exist.

Ultimately it's only a few bucks but it's made me question when Cryptic says anything and not consider them a trustworthy company. Like they're saying STO is business as usual despite Atari offloading Cryptic. I'm not taking what's said at face value that's for sure.
Lt. Commander
# 108
05-19-2011, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiadan
It just seems dishonest to state limited time and then still have it there but at a lower price during the subsequent sale. So those who believed limited meant short time lose out. Like you say limited could mean they'll stay until the game closes down and still fulfil the letter of the law. Had they said it was limited to a long time people could have waited because it was always going to go on sale. But when it did it was implied the extras would no longer exist.

Ultimately it's only a few bucks but it's made me question when Cryptic says anything and not consider them a trustworthy company. Like they're saying STO is business as usual despite Atari offloading Cryptic. I'm not taking what's said at face value that's for sure.
Uh.. almost EVERY company in the world does these types of things. "Limited Time" has been used as a marketing tool since man invented the wheel i'm sure (okay maybe not but you get the idea :p). So blaming cryptic/atari for using tried and true methods of marketing is like blaming the cat for the dog chasing it. It just doesn't make sense :p
Lt. Commander
# 109
05-20-2011, 02:55 PM
I stand by my posts in this thread, in word and money.
Lt. Commander
# 110
05-20-2011, 03:18 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~GM Tiyshen
Closed Thread