Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 111
05-20-2011, 03:45 PM
There's a difference between the statements "Limited Time Offer" and "Purchase the Value Bundle TODAY"; especially when communication to an international audience needs to be as clear and accurate as possible.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 112 Somewhat related
05-21-2011, 04:51 AM
I just resubscribed and saw I had some bonus points. I thought "cool" I can get a new ship or something. So my lowly lt went to buy a new one. Not enough ship slots. wtf is this? So, now in order to spend money on a ship, I have to also spend money on ship slots? And to make it even better, the ship slots are for one character, while the ships are for each character?

To me this is saying, "thank you for spending $6 on a ship. Now all you have to do is spend $6 more to use it!"

That is the kind of treatment I'd expect from a F2P game, not one that costs $15 a month.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 113
05-21-2011, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecschraler View Post
I just resubscribed and saw I had some bonus points. I thought "cool" I can get a new ship or something. So my lowly lt went to buy a new one. Not enough ship slots. wtf is this? So, now in order to spend money on a ship, I have to also spend money on ship slots? And to make it even better, the ship slots are for one character, while the ships are for each character?

To me this is saying, "thank you for spending $6 on a ship. Now all you have to do is spend $6 more to use it!"

That is the kind of treatment I'd expect from a F2P game, not one that costs $15 a month.
You dont have to buy new ship slots. You can discharge one you already have.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 114
05-21-2011, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecschraler View Post
To me this is saying, "thank you for spending $6 on a ship. Now all you have to do is spend $6 more to use it!"

That is the kind of treatment I'd expect from a F2P game, not one that costs $15 a month.
There was talk a few months ago about giving C-Store ships a bundled ship slot to prevent bad customer experiences like this.

There's always plenty of talk.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 115
05-26-2011, 08:11 AM
I think the C-Store is due for some policy changes and revamps after Season 4
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 116
05-26-2011, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
I think the C-Store is due for some policy changes and revamps after Season 4
Be careful what you wish for...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 117
05-26-2011, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathenStorm View Post
Be careful what you wish for...
Well, for me, I won't purchase anything until this goes F2P (and only using the stipend) so this won't matter.

However, they should revamp in a better way to try to limit this problem.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 118
05-26-2011, 07:48 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~<GM Jahia>
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 119
05-26-2011, 08:39 PM
eh, just because he's angry and has only one thing to say doesn't necessarily make it spam.

I do wonder, however, how much more money he's spent (under the "time = money" equivalency) being mad about this thing. There's an old parable about two monks, a woman and a river...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 120
05-26-2011, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF_Mudd
eh, just because he's angry and has only one thing to say doesn't necessarily make it spam
See the words I underlined. That is Cryptic's definition, not mine.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:25 AM.